Islamic Forum
seven

Left Hand

Salaam.

I write/draw/paint with my right hand and sometimes at college during visualising class my hands (right mostly) tend to get dirty. Sometimes if I'm having something to eat whilst working, I eat using my left hand.

As a kid I was told not to eat with that (left) hand because God would hit me for it. Yeah, my mums way of putting it. Now I understand that it's not actually a sin to eat with the left hand.

What's the status/opinion of eating with the left hand?

PropellerAds

Assalamu alaikum, The left hand is usually used for Istinjaa and other jobs which are not considered clean, and the Right hand is used for more cleaner things, plus it is said when we give something give it with the right Hand and take with the right hand, when we do Musafah (Salaam and hold hand) we do it with the right hand. so basically there are jobs designated for each hand.

It is Sunnah to eat with the right Hand, That is the big deal for me, nothing else, so when I face the same problem and it is hard to go and wash hands to eat my lunch or snack. I either use a spoon and eat with my right hand or I take the help of a tissue or paper Towel to hold my sandwich or piece of cake or whatever.

I hope this helps you Brother Seven. InshaAllah where there is a will there is a way.

Wassalamu Alaikum, umAhmad.

I understand it is a case of Sunnah but not sin then? Thanks umAhmad.

Assalamu Alaikum my dear brothers and sisters in Islam.

Seven, the following thread may be of interest to you:

(www.)"http://gawaher/index.php?showtopic=25048&hl="]gawaher/index.php?showtopic=25048&hl=[/url]

(the addy may not come up in full so use your imagination as to the missing parts of the link) :D

Your brother in Islam,

Salam

Assalamu Alaikum my dear brothers and sisters in Islam.

Seven, the following thread may be of interest to you:

(www.)"http://gawaher/index.php?showtopic=25048&hl="]gawaher/index.php?showtopic=25048&hl=[/url]

(the addy may not come up in full so use your imagination as to the missing parts of the link) :D

Your brother in Islam,

Salam

:D

This is the topic brother Mali is referring to

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=25048"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=25048[/url]

You may also want to read (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=3020&dgn=4"]Having the habit of eating with one’s left hand[/url]

Assalamu alaikum, I was looking for this hadith for Br. Seven, Alhamdulillah I found it and here it is. Wassalamu Alaikum, umAhmad.

A’ishah, the Mother of the Faithful (may Allah be pleased with her): "The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) used his right hand for getting water for ablution and taking food, and his left hand for his evacuation and for anything repugnant." (Sunan Abu Dawud)

when the prophet (Saw) orders us to do somthing we must take it otherwise we could be classed as disobedient to the messanger of Allah.

i advise you to get hold of the following lecture ia

"The Sunnah has taken many connotations today, some people belittle it so to say ‘this is only a sunnah' and ‘that is only a sunnah' and others have gone to the extent of making allegiance upon certain aspects of it. The speaker discusses the importance of the Sunnah and its position in Islam as well as the rights of the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him."

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.muslimbase(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/product_info.php?products_id=278"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.muslimbase(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/product_info.php?products_id=278[/url]