Islamic Forum
Aaqib Ahmed

My Whole Life Changed In Just A Split Second

:sl:

I am just sharing what I've been through during the last few months. :D

Right I was in a football tournament and we were cruising along everything was on a high.Then we had got the great news that my team had gone into the Semis.We were all over the moon.Had 1 more game to play which didn't affect the results.I suddenly slipped cause the astro was slippery and then my knee just went.Subhanallah everything changed in an instant.I coudn't walk so people helped me up.Then I realised that was my tournament over and my whole surrounding had changed.I was in pain with every step I took and my tears floated my eyes People didn't think it was as seriously as it was.Then I was taken to the hospital.The pain was overtaking me physically and mentally but subhanallah kept kool and praised Allah.Then I had to wait at hospital by myself and thought only crutches will help me get round.I got them but had to wait a few hours in the waiting room.It was time for asr prayer so once I'd got my crutches and then I went by taxi to the Masjid.I found it really hard to do Wudu at the Masjid cause my knee was in a lot of pain.Subhanallah Allah gave me the strength to do it.Then as I struggled to walk upstairs I asked for a chair to pray on.Once prayer was done I was hungry so went to Big Johns and the brother goes 'Yesterday you were walking perfectly,what happened?' Seeing me in crutches the next day was a shock for them aswell.I was in 2 minds should I tell my parents or not?I decided to tell them aftr a few days.At Uni it was even harder to go about cause my hands would get blisters and go really red but I couldn't let my parents down.I've come to Uni for a purpose a mission so kept up with my studies.Subhanallah I was able to pray on the chair in the prayer room at uni but had to travel quite a distance but thought inshallah every step I take 2 the prayer room will give me immense reward cause each step was hardship for me.Over the month slowly and steadly my pain decreased and after a month the happiest day of my life come.

I was able to pray properly without a chair and do Sujda to Allah.I felt really happy and was crying in happiness and nothing in the world could beat this!!

I would reassure my parents and friends '2 weeks and I'll be 100%' and now its been a few months and I'm still limping.Subhanallah.

During this experience I've been called various names like 'Crippled','Disabled' and 'Retard' and I responded by a smile and :no: inside.

It made me think a lot cause inshallah I'll be 100% soon but some people live their whole life being victims of such words.May Allah reward them for their hardships,ameen.People would stare at me cause I would be limping round so I tried and blanked them out and carry on walking.

It did hurt thought when every weds my friends would go and play footie and since my injury came I couldn't go and play.I love football.It felt like something I'm so attached to has just gone out my life.Subhanallah!

So have decided to finish my exams then see the doctor and then might get surgery on it that'll help me straighten the knee.

Since April though I've been able to walk and during May been walking properlyish.Still limping but subhanallah a big difference to how I was a few months back.Alhumdulilah I'm on course for good marks this year and haven't let this setback affect my studies.

:D for your Duas and for reading.

It is a great blessing to be able to walk.

I got in a state where I would pay any sum of money to walk properly but money can't buy good health can it?

Hardships bring out your true character and what brings success is trust in Allah (not by merely saying I TRUST Allah,it must come from the heart)

and patience.

Allah is the Best Of Planners.And hardships remove sins and have many blessings attached to them :j:

Once we believe this firmly inside everything is possible and impossible is nothing.

The pen has been lifted and the links dried from our life story so since everything is written by Allah what better way then to praise him in hardships?

Edited by Aaqib Ahmed

PropellerAds

Asalaamu aleykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Subhanallah what beautiful experience brother, to reflect back to the days of hardship and clearly seeing Allah Ta'ala s Hand in all we go through. In every pain adn discomfort we can thank Allah Subhana wa Ta'ala His love for us ...mashallah this was a very beautiful read brother! How is your knee now? Inshallah you can sport soon again!

Your words about Trust in Allah Azza wa Jall.... :sl: mashallah! Inshallah this post of yours gives you beautiful inspiration on your poem about Tawwakultu Allah!!!! :sl:

wa asalaamu aleykum,

Asalaamu aleykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh dear sister,

:j: for reading.

:sl: my knee is ok. :D

Remember me and the Ummah in your Duas.

I'll be playing football really soon :no: :D

Thank you for sharing bro, that was inspirational. Indeed we all go through hardships and the way we deal with them gets us through them or not.

Insha'Allah your knee will be as good as it was and may you be successful in any endeavor you choose, ameen. :sl:

Jazakallah khair for sharing bro. I only read this now.. It made me all the more grateful for my health. May Allah reward you for your hardships and grant you complete recovery. Ameen.

Insha'Allah your knee gets better dear brother, and insha'Allah you'll be able to play again even better than before, insha'Allah, ameen.

Wow Aaqib! Subhan'Allah thats some crazy stuff! :sl: for sharing!

Insha'Allah you continue to heal and get better and if you have the surgery, insha'Allah it goes well and Allah heals and protects your knees and lets you play football again soon! and may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon the prophet muhammed and his family, ameen.

Subhan'Allah its amazing, one day you can have it all (whether you realize it or not) and the next it could be all gone.

alhamdulilah, insha'Allah that isnt permanent for you, but can you imagine if it was. alhamdulilah not!

:sl: brother i pray you will be alright inshaalaah without the need for surgery. 2 days back even i injured my foot severly while playing football and now its all swolen up, doctor said if it doesnt cure within 2 days i will have to check it up for fractures, i hope that is not case.

May Allaah ease our pains and give us good health and more importantly strengthen our iman and give all of usl paradise.

Assalam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

May Allah ease it on you .. Allahumma aameen

i unerstand the blisters coz of crutch, i use it for right side, though i try not to use it anymore.

i even loved Throw ball... but well 13 years havent played and 10 years am disabled .. Alhamdulillah ala kull e haal ..

being called names is not a new thing bro, just know that the rewardin the hereafter is much superior to anything in this world...

after my spinal disorder followed by neck disorder... now im one of the 0.05% ppl who suffer from Tegrimenial Neuralgia at this young age..

Alhamdulillah ala kull e haal .

La Tans min al dua

Was salam

Assalam Alaikum Wa Rehmatullahi Wa Barakatahu!

Jazakallahu Kheirun bro for sharing that! It was truly an inspirational read. It reminded me of the verse from Surah Rehmaan that translates to "which of your Lords blessings will you deny?" ....We have so much blessings to thank for even when we are going through hard times, yet we dont realize them coz we are too busy thinking about what has been snatched from us. Mashallah I admire the patience you showed..may Allah reward you immensely for that and for remembering Him with humilty at such a time and may Allah guide us all to remember Him and be mindful of Him all the time.

How is your knee doing now? Did you get a surgery done yet? I hope and pray that it goes back to being perfectly normal for you (Ameen). Jazakallah once again for sharing! Beautiful read indeed!