Islamic Forum
IbrahimMuhammed

Trendy Outfits For Muslim Women

Trendy outfits for Muslim women

Challenging widespread misconception that devout Muslim woman can't be trendy or wear colors and fashionable outfits, Gwendolyn Dawan, who converted to Islam in 1973, started designing pinstriped suits and denim skirts for Muslim women who are devout, yet like to follow current fashion trends.Lansing State Journal reported.

When she first embraced Islam, Gwendolyn used to wear a normal long skirt and a long top and wrapped her hair.

"I get a lot of requests from business women for suits with skirts," said Dawan. "Nothing in the Qur’an says we can't wear color."

Muslim women who like to follow trends used to only wear designer labels underneath their outer garments. Now Gwendolyn gives them the chance to jazz up their outerwear, too, “shattering perceptions that devout means drab†Lansing State Journal stated.

15 designers from Philadelphia, New York and Maryland presented earlier this month their cutting-edge fashions designed for Muslim women in Philadelphia. This followed a stunning show held earlier by the Atlanta Masjid of Al-Islam.

"My customer base has grown a lot," said Khalil Ghani of Al-Fuquan Book Store & Bazaar in Philadelphia, which sells clothing of designers from Atlanta and New York as well as Egypt, India and China, and now works on expanding his store from 3,200 square feet to 4,000 square feet. "Even women who aren't Muslim find the looks elegant," Ghani said.

Taalibah Kariem White says she used to face difficulty finding suits appropriate for work before she learned about Dawan at a fashion show.

Now she waits for the show every year to see what Dawan will present.

"I wear my hair wrapped up every day when I go to work," White said. "Every day I'm totally covered, but people still take the time to compliment me."

The Hijab, or the Islamic headscarf, is an act of obedience to God and to his prophet Mohammed (PBUH).

Muslim women should draw their veils over their bosoms. Numerous Muslim scholars have explained how should Muslim women dress. A Muslim woman should draw her veil over the bosom meaning covering her head with the chest.

Muslim women's beauty should only be seen by their immediate family, such as husband, father, brother, uncle, son, or nephew.

Areas that should be covered include the neck, ears, and hair, as well as the bosom and body shape. A woman’s dress should also be loose fitting so as not to reveal her body shape to protect her modesty.

Allah says in the Qur'an: “It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allah and His messenger have decreed a matter that they should have an option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger has indeed strayed in a plain error.' {Qur’an33:36}.

Allah also said: “And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things) and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc) and not to show off their adornment except what must (ordinarily) appear thereof, that they should draw their veils over their Juyubihinna (bosoms). {Qur’an S24:31}.

Source: (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/cgi-bin/news_service/world_full_story.asp?service_id=2220"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/cgi-bin/news_se...service_id=2220[/url]

PropellerAds

lol,v.interesting,thanx sis.its true,covering up does'nt necessarily mean frumpy...iv seen women who cover there faces an'all and still manage to look elegant...we are females after all! :D

lol,v.interesting,thanx sis.its true,covering up does'nt necessarily mean frumpy...iv seen women who cover there faces an'all and still manage to look elegant...we are females after all! :D

:D

I'm a Brother Sis! :D

Assalamu alaikum

Brilliant! :D

Is she trading online, yet?

Ma'assalama

Is she trading online, yet?

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamicplace(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamicplace(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/[/url]