Islamic Forum
justagirl1

Why Does It Always Rain When...

:D

It ALWAYS rains on days when ppl from my nationality get together for nation related, cultural events, concerts, picnics, get togethers, ALWAYS no matter what the date is. When it's winter it always either rains or SNOWS that day and this is no matter where in the world we get together

Is there any reason for this Islamically?

PropellerAds

Assalamu alaikum

I've come to notice that it usually tends to rain, even if it is a drizzle, on Fridays. Rain is a Rahmet(mercy) of Allah. SubhanAllah.

Ma'assalama

Salam.

Yes rain is a blessing from Allah SWT but you see it's more of thunder storm rain, pouring rain. All the time. First off, It ruinsthe atmosphere of the event and second, the events aren't very Islamically centered to be so "blessed" lol they're heritage based and always with music, etc.

IS that bad? Anyone?

dont want to sound straight laced but....music and intermingling freely of the sexes(does that happen?)is forbidden in Islam so maybe?could be a sign of disapprovement.

yes it does, that happens every second all over the world so why doesn't it rain 24/7? i think there is more to it.

the rain/weather does not care what the children of Adam do..it follows the law Allah set. carefull not to fall into superstition. Rain is a mercy form Allah even a thunderstorm type...and by His will it can turn into a curse too.

the rain/weather does not care what the children of Adam do..it follows the law Allah set. carefull not to fall into superstition. Rain is a mercy form Allah even a thunderstorm type...and by His will it can turn into a curse too.

:wl:

every thing follows Allahs law broadly speaking. where is your proof for your claim? don't earthquakes and hurricanes occur as punishments for the children of adam?

Rain is a mercy form Allah even a thunderstorm type...and by His will it can turn into a curse too.

contadicts what you said first...

justagirl1 no it doesnt contradict what i have said :D a blesing can turn into a curse....

there are people who also make links with eclipse..

"The sun and moon are two signs of Allah. They are not eclipsed on account of anyone's death or on account of anyone's birth." (Muslim, hadith #1966]

don't earthquakes and hurricanes occur as punishments for the children of adam?

they can be a punishment but they may also not be.

the main thing is we take our rullings from the book of Allah and hadiths. we do not need the weather or other "signs" to indicate what is displeasing to Allah or not.

Peace,

On a similar note I've noticed it always rains on my days off...

ive nticed that whenevr i wanna play a good game of football on sunday it rains

alhamdulillah its not raining at the moment

Salaam,

fact:

1. it rains when you,

a. put the washing out

b. don't take your umbrella

2. If you're off to an event you are more likely to

a. put the washing out (because it'll be dry when you come back)

b. not take your umbrella

ergo:

it is not the event but the actions associated with it which cause rain :D

Or Mr. Danger is right and Xib Chac (Aztec), Tlaloc (Mayan), Zeus (greek), Thor (norse) and Huya (Venezuala) are really annoyed :D

Peace and Love,

DARLA