Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jihad4Jannah

Islamic Weddings

Salaamu alaykum wr wb,

I had my wedding in December and the gossip about my family and our wedding haven't stopped yet :D .

I repeated many times Islamic wedding codes with my father before we started to prepare anything. I was sure that anything unpermitted will not happen. There were just Islamic "music"/anasheed in the wedding, no men in women's area, no one revealing their awrah or wearing uncovering clothes. Most of women did not take their hijabs off!

But still, my sister-in-law said us that we were listening haram music and left the weddings. Our ex-teacher said that dancing is haram and left. And they still talk bad things about us (as if slandering or hurting believers is not haram). Dancing was not plannet. Some women just stood up and started to dance.

We are not new to Islam, but learning never ends :D . My questions concerns dancing. Is it haram to dance in wedding parties if no one imitates kuffaar, uncover herself or listens to forbidden music?

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.enshad(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/audio/Afra7_Al-Rawabi_3_D/Afra7_Al-Rawabi_3_D_-_01_-_Zifi_Ya_Mawakib.ram"]Example Of Music We Listened To[/url]

I need answers with source, hadiths/ayahs and from trustworthy shayks, please. Not anything like "in my wedding..so and so..", please.

Edited by Jihad4Jannah

PropellerAds

:D ,

According to following fatwa it is not haram to dance, but Makrooh in the way you described:

"Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

Dancing is makrooh, especially if there is the fear of fitnah (temptation) as a result, because sometimes the dancer may be young and beautiful, and her dancing may provoke desire even in women. End quote.

Liqa’ al-Baab al-Maftooh, 1/580 "

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=9290&dgn=4"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=q...e&QR=9290&dgn=4[/url]

For more general information regarding wedding parties please refer to :

How should an Islamic wedding party be:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=11446&dgn=4"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=q...&QR=11446&dgn=4[/url]

---

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=60442&dgn=4"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=q...&QR=60442&dgn=4[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=10957&dgn=4"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=q...&QR=10957&dgn=4[/url]

Lastly an excellent article:

Question #854: What should a Muslim do when he wants to consummate his marriage?

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=854&dgn=4"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=q...se&QR=854&dgn=4[/url]