Islamic Forum
shahaadil

Islam in CANADA!!!

:sl:

heeeey, come back everyone....o yea eid mubarak guys, i hope its not too late...the winter break is almost over, i hope everyone spent it wisely

PropellerAds

anyone here from windsor? its rite beside detroit, in southern ontario

I am from Windsor. It haven't seen any snow yet.

I hope noones wishing for snow, im loving the weather

1300 laid off in blue mountain............

Imaan, its a positive and negative.. as in if it doesn't snow then its good for some and bad for others.. i feel really bad for the families of the people laid off.. and that town in which the ski resort of blue mountain is in.. it will take a big hit in this upcoming fiscial budget year.. so you see its give and take :sl:!

“What’s the charge… flying while Muslim?â€

LITTLE Masjid ON THE PRAIRIE is a new comedy from CBC Television about a

small Muslim community in the prairie town of Mercy, many of whose residents are

wary of their new, more “exotic†neighbors. The series takes an unabashedly funny look

at the congregation of a rural Masjid and their attempt to live in harmony with the often

skeptical, even down right suspicious, residents of their little prairie town. The sitcom

reveals that, although different, we are all surprisingly similar when it comes to family,

love, the generation gap and our attempts to balance our secular and religious lives.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetlittlemosque.ca/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetlittlemosque.ca/[/url]

that show may be cool. I might watch it if i don't forget. Its on tomorrow. I hope the show doesn't mock Islam in anyway.

Edited by Ryo_Akiski

I hope the show doesn't mock Islam in anyway.

:j:

If it does, they're gonna get it ... An angry e-mail that is :).

I was at the book shop and I spotted a Canadian author who is suppose to be Muslim. Her name is Irshad Manji. What do you brothers, and sisters think about her, and her book that she made called "The Trouble with Islam." I never bought the book since my cousin is monitoring me and my Islam.

Edited by Ryo_Akiski

hmm never heard of her... her book title sounds wierd... but maybe its one of those books that the title doesnt mean what you think it does... :sl:

I was at the book shop and I spotted a Canadian author who is suppose to be Muslim. Her name is Irshad Manji. What do you brothers, and sisters think about her, and her book that she made called "The Trouble with Islam." I never bought the book since my cousin is monitoring me and my Islam.

She is NOT Muslim, she just claims to be "muslim." In fact, I once saw her on a television discussion and she does not know the basic principles of Islam. This woman is just one of those alleged "muslims" the West places atop a pedestal to legitimize their attacks on Islam. Its a similar situation with that crazy lady Hirsi Ali.

^^ that is so true. Anyway she's not Muslim, she's a lesbian supporter of israel. Istagfurallah she even insulted Allah and the Prophet :sl: in her book. Apparently her aim is to reform Islam.

yup i've heard of that book, an no she's not muslim ^^^, whatever she is Allah knows best...

The problem is that any fool can write a book these days. Books used to be a credible source of information. Now the majority of them are nothing more that wasted trees. :j:

there's a protest jan 20 downtown toronto, against ethiopian occupation an u.s airstrikes

is anyone else going?

I wish I could go but I can't. Live in Windsor

wow...lots of ppl live here in canada! any1 from Oakville or from the GTA? OMG i would like to live in mississagua where in the high shcools majority are muslims! try going to a high school in the lakeshore area of Oakville where its mainly white kids and they are all EMOS!! Like seriously out if 1500 kids in my school there are around 10 muslims!

Assaalmu Alaykum all

I am a Muslimah thinking of going to Canada... for about 1 year maybe more. My Husband is in IT (Business Analyst) and we're wonderng where would the best city be to move to.

Also, advise if there are women in Hijab found in Corporate companies.

Jazakallah Kheir for your response.

Assaalmu Alaykum all

I am a Muslimah thinking of going to Canada... for about 1 year maybe more. My Husband is in IT (Business Analyst) and we're wonderng where would the best city be to move to.

Also, advise if there are women in Hijab found in Corporate companies.

Jazakallah Kheir for your response.

Assalam-u-alaikum

I would say move to Brampton or Mississauga. If you move to Brampton, make sure to move someplace near Mississauga. Brampton is full of brown people. I live near Raylawson Blvd. This area and the one where we lived previously has pakistanis, Indians, Africans etc. in majority, I think. There are other races too but its mostly Indian and Pakistanis. Its very very multicultural place. Mississauga has a lot of corporate companies. A lot of them. Microsoft, Mary Kay, VWR International, GlaxoSmith Kline to name a few. I know one company which does have hijabi lady working there and really really loved and respected there. Its where I work. :-) You would have figured out by now that the hijabi lady is no other but moi. That company is VWR International. We sell laboratory equipment and are known worldwide. you are not allowed to post links yetvwr(contact admin if its a beneficial link) Start by applying to VWR. But don't worry about the hijab. I think that there are many companies here that have a huge number of employees from different races. Given the multiculturism, a working lady with hijab will be easily accepted inshaAllah. If you need my help in anything, just send me a private message.

Take care

Assalam-u-Alaikum

I am from Mississauga :sl:.. I did high school at Clarkson SS :j:..

Assalamu Alaikum, My second home in Canada is in OakVille, right near the border of Mississauga.

Masjid AlFalah, ISNA Masjid, are 5 minutes away, and Cooper Masjid, MCCC Musallah are about 10 minutes. Mostly when we are there we go to AlFalah.

Nice Muslim Community if someone wants to move, and yes there are quite a few women in the Corporate Businessess and Govt. Employment.

The other place I think would be all the way west in Vancouver, British colombia.

Assalamu alaikum, umAhmad.

Either go to Vancouver B.C or Victoria B.C, Victoria has about two or three Masjids, they are quite small but I think it is a close knit community. As well, you will not have to worry about snow in the winter time until maybe January or February where you might get one or two (one-day) snowstorms.

Asalaamu alaikum everyone!!

I'm in Mississauga by Square One mall. I'm actually looking for girls around this area that would want to play tennis with me!!! I moved here 3 years ago, and I can't find anyone to play tennis with. If you're a girl..and so am I..and if you're interested in getting together for some tennis please message me anytime!!

Salaam,

Rania :sl:

Ah sense of civic pride knowning there are so many fellow canadians here :sl:..

I'm originally from Mississauga near sq1 area :sl: just like the sister above ^ but i've moved to OC now.. still i have roots back there so and oh yah.. still got love for hockey :no:!

Vive Le leafs!