Islamic Forum
shahaadil

Islam in CANADA!!!

Assalamu Alaikum, you are fortunately not lost at all, because YES they did have the RIS Conference in the Skydome in 2006, but the Eid Salaat I am talking about happened before that, I don't remember the year though, has to be after year 2000, thats for sure.

Salaams.

PropellerAds

isnt there a Islamic university there.....i heard it started out as a guy teaching just a couple guys about Islam..and grew into a university...the guy was finishing up his degree as a doctor and suddenly stopped and seen how the younger generation is forgetting Islam..so he went to saudia to study Islam alot....something like this...an imam came to dearborn michigan usa...and mentioned this

woho, its minus 41 today!

Assalamu Alaikum, more like BRRRR....... brother Andre, you seem to live up North somewhere. Here yesterday the temp. was -19 but with the windchill seemed like -31 so -40 has to be morth North.

Since this thread is about Islam in Canada, let me tell you all that I have seen with my own eyes that here in Canada in this extreme cold temperatures with Snow Storms and high winds and all Alhamdulillah there are brothers who get up for Fajr and go to Masjids to perform Salaat with Jamaat, May Allah increase their Emaans and accept their efforts and help them more, ameen.

Assalamu Alaikum.

wa alikumu salam

i live in timmins ontairo. thats not to far north at all haha.

may Allah incrase all our deens and imans.

as of right now it is minus 28 with a minus 39 windchill.

Edited by André

:sl:

I was in Canada from Dec 18 til Jan 24 this year to visit UmAhmad and my dad and brothers :D :j: very different from South Africa!! Last time I had gone to visit was in Autumn, but this time my husband and I went right in winter, haha. Even after being a Canuck and spending 18 years in Canada, the cold weather and snow definetely caught me by surprise! Was freezing! The best part though was that apart from my parents and two cousins, no one knew that my husband and I were coming! We definetely surprised loads of people, including my grandparents.

It was nice though; I noticed there are loads more Muslims in my own neighbourhood! On my streets there are I think four Muslim families; when I was growing up there was only my family. It was really cute that even on the coldest days the little kids would come all bundled up to the masjid to attend their Quran classes :D I got to see students who I had taught when they were eight; now all so grown up :sl:

Hm I didn't get to visit Mississauga where my brothers lived though, :no: next time! I can't wait to see where they live and the masjids they go too, haha I've heard a lot from UmAhmad about them :D

I duno how people can survive in such extreme temperatures :sl:...!!!!

Assalamu Alaikum, Alhamdulillah Allah has given the convenienes of Central heating and heated cars and hot water a all, so we can't complain. Yes it is bit hard but then I think so are the places that have hot climate. All praise is to Allah. Like Um Eesaa mentioned, we have little children all bundled up who don't want to miss a day of their Qur'aan classes, even on days when there are storms. One little boy once told my husband "Uncle we are more safe d aomwhing happens because we are inside a Masjid (house of Allah) and are busy in learning the Qur'aan

On a side note...........I am so thankful to Allah that subhanAllah that some of our little ones here in Canada are growing up with this love for the Qur'aan and the houses of Allah, and the fact that they feel safe and protected. Canada ahas come a long way, I've seen so many positive things happening within the Muslim community. InshaAllah I make duaa to Allah that the trend will continue in the right direction,.

Assalamu alaikum.

salam.

i agree with everything umAhmad said. and im glad to hear that you see Islam growing in canada alhamdulilah. im new muslim so i dont see a difference(yet). inshallah i will be blessed as you were to notice a differece a few years down the road. and mashallah to the children that is cute.

also i will be moving to missisauga for about a year. it will be my first time in a big city, first time in a masjid(kinda nervous for some reason), the muslim community will be bigger then this one.

Assalamu alaikum brother Andre, it would be nice to know when you are moving to Mississauga, I have 2 sons there who teach Qur'aan in 2 of the big Masjids there. One is ICNA (Al Falah Masjid) and the other in ISNA Masjid. I would love for you to meet them inshaAllah, who know's you might be abe to take off time and start Qur'aan lessons with one of them. One of hem offers classes to older students on Sundays.

Anywas, if you fel okay, then you can inform and I can tell them to get in touch with you or give you thir contact ino.

Yes,MashaAllah some of things hese childrensay just goes and touches the deepest part of your heart. Allah bless them and all of us with Emaan and give us purity of the hears, ameen.

Assalamu alaikum.

salam.

hmm, that offer is intruiging. i am moving to missisauga to learn arabic for a year. then i wish to move to ciro, eygpt and attend Al-azhar. i am studying Qur'an now but it would be better if i learned from a more knowledgeable person.

ofcourse i would be honoured to meet your sons. if they have any representation of you then they must be good muslims.

salam.

I duno how people can survive in such extreme temperatures ohmy.gif...!!!!

Haha well actually when I first moved to SA (at which time it was nearing Spring/Summer) I was saying the same thing... how can people live in such extreme heat! But one thing I'm grateful to Allah about Canada is that at least the seasons totally represent themselves. It's summer here right now in SA, yet outside it's cloudy and misty, what would be a typical Canadian autumn morning... not what should be an African summer morning! :sl:

...it will be my first time in a big city, first time in a masjid(kinda nervous for some reason)...

Hm, well if you'll be visiting the masjid that my second eldest brother teaches in, I'm positive you'll feel your nervousness float away easily :j: But :no: everything will be fine. Hehe, actually I find it a tiny bit funny hearing Mississauga being called a big city since I've lived in bigger ones... hm but I reckon it's waaaay bigger than where I live right now! I don't remember much of it though since my brothers weren't living there when I was still in Canada... though compared to GTA I remember it was clean!!!.

salam.

inshallah it is still clean.

well this town i live in has a population of roughly 40 thousand, and to me thats alot. this is the biggest city i ever lived in. i lived in markdale for a while as a child. i think it only had 900 people in it. one of those blink towns in the middle of nowhere.

i was looking at the transit system in the GTA and i was like O_O.

you live in africa now?

:no:

40,000? :sl: lol that is a lot for me as the small town/village I'm living in right now probably has 1000 people, plus or minus. Haha, it's one of those small towns that you get when you take the exit of a highway when you need to fill up on gas or buy something. :j: we got a masjid here, it's minaret can be seen from the highway so many travellers stop by for their salah.

Yep, Africa, South Africa to be precise, as my husband is studying here, :D. :D We'll probably be moving back to Canada after though, the west side I think :D Maybe Edmonton, UmAhmad? haha :sl: That would be cool though since I've only been to three provinces, Quebec (home!!), Ontario and New Brunswick. NB I must say is like really old styled ^_^ But yes, I think since I've been around other countries, it's only fair that I see more of my birth country!

lol ill be going to africa soon inshallah.

mashallah you have a masjid. i suggested we build one here and the brothers said it would be an embarasment to us muslims.

good thing im stuborn.

anyways inshallah you will be safe in your journies.

salam.

its not cold anymore, its raining.....

Assalamu Alaikum, My Son's Tahfeez School is holding " A Qira'ah" programme in his school. I am posting this here because it is for people from Toronto mainly. There will be Food available for minimal prices inshaAllah. Hope to see my Gawaher sister's there and the brothers can meet my sons and husband in the men's section inshaAllah.

Assalamu alaikum.

Al Falah Tahfeez ul Quran School presents

2nd Annual Mahfil Ul Qira’ah

And Huffaz Graduation

Come and listen to some of the best recitors of the GTA

Qari Abdul Majid Noor, Qari Muzammil Hussein, Sheikh Abdullah Siraaj, Sheikh Isa Forde and others…

Event information

Saturday June 20th 2009

6:30 pm

Event location

Al Falah Islamic Center

391 Burnhamthorpe Rd E

Oakville Ontario

Tel: 647 998 1014

Watch the trailer...

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetyoutube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch?v=IAs5ZsCIa44"]Al Falah Tafeez School Qira'ah Programme.[/url]

I am a non-Muslim living in Toronto, Canada. My daughter and son-in-law are Muslim. They are often asked questions about Islam when they are out in public. Both of them wear Islamic style clothing.

There are many different groups of Muslims, from many different lands. There are lots of grocery stores, clothing stores, furniture stores, and restaurants. Many Masjids and Masjids. When I go into a Muslm store, I usually wear a hijab, out of respect. Even when I don't I am always treated with respect.

Salaam,

Sarada

Islaam Walikum my dear brothers and sisters!

how are you all??

alhumdililah I am great :sl:

I live in Canada too..its not too bad however there are some non muslims here that have problems that you are a muslim :sl:

I don't want to live in Canada tho..I want to live in an Islamic country where it is easier to practice your religon and I will be safer living among my brothers and sisters

Don't get me wrong either..there are very good muslims here marshiallah :no:

What are your feelings about Canada???

Islaam Walikum my dear brothers and sisters!

how are you all??

alhumdililah I am great :sl:

I live in Canada too..its not too bad however there are some non muslims here that have problems that you are a muslim :sl:

I don't want to live in Canada tho..I want to live in an Islamic country where it is easier to practice your religon and I will be safer living among my brothers and sisters

Don't get me wrong either..there are very good muslims here marshiallah :no:

What are your feelings about Canada???

sister in training, Out of curiosity, is that as a Nurse or as a woman Muslim? I am indeed surprised your preference for living in a Islamic country and to give up all the material benefits of living in Canada. I thought Canadians were pro-Muslim integration into Canada? Do you believe that will be possible in the long run?

:sl: all,

Anyone going to Qiyaam tonight in GTA let me know.

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

Any sisters in Mississauga/Toronto/Ontario?

Muslims Fastest Growing in Canada

Muslims are the fastest growing religious community in Canada and are proud to be Canadians, a new national survey has found.

“Polling has shown that Canadian Muslims are proud to be Canadian, more so than the average Canadian,” said Ihsaan Gardee, Executive Director of the Canadian Council on American-Islamic Relations.

“Canadian Muslims very much want to integrate and be part and parcel of the society.”
A National Household Survey found Wednesday, May 8, that Canada’s Muslim population increased by 82 percent over the past decade – from about 579,000 in 2001 to more than 1 million in 2011.

The survey of almost three million people showed that Muslims now represent 3.2 percent of Canada’s total population, up from 2.0 percent recorded in the 2001 Census.

http://www.onislam.net/english/news/americas/462570-muslims-canadas-fastest-growing-community.html

• Like 1