Islamic Forum
shahaadil

Islam in CANADA!!!

Hey hey, I know who you're talking about!!

May I have your full name and address, oh and your social secutiry no. please. Thanks!!

lol

(Errr, I'm not sure you should be giving out your family's name like this :S).

PropellerAds

:D

thanks for posting that out sis! I've edited them out. :D

yoh AH i might know you...... :D

Ummm.... :D i think u got me confused with my cousin. I dont live in that area.

hey Eid Ul Adha is coming up people.. friday!

Asalamu alaikum

Hey!!!!!! I thought we were discussing Islam in Canada.

well where do i start............first of all there's a large muslim community here.

In Toronto where i live, there are a lot of organizations.....one of which i belong to is the MSA (muslim students association) which has variouse branches in the different colleges, high schools and universities. ummmmmmm oh yeah.....there are mashaAllah a lot of Masjids. One can practice freely ( okay not completely.....but almost).

oh and we have many conferences/lectures aimed at the youth......alhamdullilah and we're gettting great attendance.......

Asalamu alaikum

Hey!!!!!!  I thought we were discussing Islam in Canada.

well where do i start............first of all there's a large muslim community here.

In Toronto where i live, there are a lot of organizations.....one of which i belong to is the MSA (muslim students association) which has variouse branches in the different colleges, high schools and universities. ummmmmmm oh yeah.....there are mashaAllah a lot of Masjids. One can practice freely ( okay not completely.....but almost).

oh and we have many conferences/lectures aimed at the youth......alhamdullilah and we're gettting great attendance.......

:D Muslima I love Canada too!! Even tho I dunt live there, I went there once to visit my family and It felt so good to see such a strong Islamic community there! I mean Ive never seen signs pointing to Masjids here in California like they do in Canada and thank god my nephews get to go to an Islamic school there. They bearly have enough of those here!

Hey i think most people here are doing eid of friday (jan 21)

Asalamu alaikum

Hey..........Yeah i think lots of people are celebrating today. I personally celebrated yesterday.

Anyway.....about how we celebrate.......

I think it varies. Of course going out for eid prayer is essential. but after that it kinda depends on your family, maybe your culture.

On Eid-ul-Adha......my friends family sacrifices an animal and then we have a big dinner with a few families. of course men and women are seperated. And we usually have the kids play together and play games. We've been doing that for a long time. I guess its kinda like a tradition.

I'm sure others do other things........

Sis *Muslima* u jave mentioned that MSA is active in high schools too.I have some cousins living in Canada and I think they would be interested in knowing more abt MSA.Are u its memeber?Can u give me more info if possible?

There will be an exhibition in a museum here in Sweden which they will have 2 oil paintings of a couple having sexual intercourse and the surat al-fatiha is written on it.. This Tuesday!! :D :D :D

So please brothers and sister we would like to tell the whole world muslims to stop this people to put it out for the show.

The email for those responsibile people are :

Hakan.thorn[at]varldskulturmus

et.se

jette.sandahl[at]varldskulturm

seet.se

kontakt number: 0046 31-63 27 30

PLease pass this to as many muslims throughout the world as possible.

wsalam

Asalamu alaikum

sis QuratulAin There's a some highschools have them and some don't. They'll have to check with their school. but most universities and colleges have a website.

here's the one for the university of Toronto.

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_muslim.sa.utoronto.ca/about.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_muslim.sa.utoronto.ca/about.htm[/url]

for Ryerson University:

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.ryerson-msa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/modules/news/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.ryerson-msa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/modules/news/[/url]

for York university:

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.yorku.ca/msa/index.asp"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.yorku.ca/msa/index.asp[/url]

bye the way you have the same name as my good friend.

Thanks for the info.I'll have to ask my cousins their schools name.

Do you have some of these conferences at Toronto?

asalamu alaikum

we have an annual conference called Reviving the Islamic Spirit. Its really amazing mashAllah. I've learned a lot from those conferences. I think that this year there were about 12,000 people.

They also have a website

revivingtheislamicspirit.c

m

hope i was helpful in some way.

Edited by *Muslima*

Muy cousins have told me abt the RIS conference,

They had attended it ,said it was in some skydome over there.

And they had some great speakers including Zakir Naik from India :D

MashaAllah.

thanks for the help

bros and sis from Canada say TABEER!

another brother in Islam

Allah HU AKBAR!!

Allah HU AKBAR!!

Allah HU AKBAR!!

As-salaamu alaikum Canadians :wink:

I might take a trip to Canada this year, although I am not completely sure yet if I will or not. If I am going, then I would prefer travelling to Toronto and staying there.

Could someone tell me how much (approx) I would have to pay for having a decent place to stay (hotel, etc), food and so on?

Jazak Allahu khairan for the help.

Ma'a salaama,

Iman

Asalamu alaikum

Welcome to Canada people. we'll welcome you with open arms!

:D :D

i'm in Toronto........i'm not sure about the hotel fees but if you run "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.google(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]google[/url] , you'll find an official website with all the info inshaAllah.

A lot of muslim here mashaAllah....

Edited by *Muslima*

aslaam alykum,

??????????? canadas a country????? i thought it was just a big land mass that every one hates?????

JOKE canadas coo. but i dont get all the hype bout niagra falls, why is it so amazing??? i mean you can just watch yout tap. well anyway........]

wa alykum aslaam

Guest amani

^^^^ because it is a beautiful creation of Allah SWT.

and canada is the country it is in.

so if i ever ever saw it i would say Alhumdulillah :smile:

Asalamu alaikum

^^^^comparing Canada and Mucus?

well anyway.......Canada might not seem like the best place to be for some people but for some of us, its where we live, where we grew up and where our friends and family are and to be honest i wouldn't want to go anywhere else ( other than a muslim country).

for all the new people coming here be warned the winters are such as you have never seen before especially if you are coming from a warmer country :D and even for those coming from cold europen countries, its colder here.. but this is just one negative hehe.. there are tons of positives too :tongue:

for all the new people coming here be warned the winters are such as you have never seen before especially if you are coming from a warmer country  :D and even for those coming from cold europen countries, its colder here.. but this is just one negative hehe.. there are tons of positives too  :tongue:

wa alaikum as-salaam,

Believe me..u cannot scare me away with ur cold winters - we have'em too (North Europe) :biggrin:

Btw: when's the best time to visit Canada (Toronto)?