Islamic Forum
shahaadil

Islam in CANADA!!!

As-salam alaykum wara matulha

can people tell me the prices of the houses like 4+ bedrooms?? also were can i get in touch to buy a house in canada because i live in the uk at the momment but inshallah i want to move canada

Walaykum salam wara matulha

:D

Do ur own research here :D

www.mls.ca

PropellerAds

Assalam-u-Alaikum

In my opinion, Canada is a great country to live in. We have a strong muslim community here. We have Islamic schools, masjids, Islamic organizations etc. Some Islamic organizations give out halal personal loans (interest free), finance your home, help in buying a car and provide halal RRSP and investments.

Muslims are really friendly here to each other. For muslims, best friends can be found among Christians (as the Quran tells us) but also among any other religioins or races. I personally know people who are Christians, Jews, Hindus etc.

Some people are very open minded and yet other just give you this degrading look (as if you don't know anything) when they see you wearing scarfs. I myself wear scarf and I have had a couple of rough experiences in my university, in the bus, at work etc. In fact if I did not have Allah with me, I wouldn't have survived it. It was just too terrible. But then again all these things happened one after another so it seems like a big deal. See brothers and sisters, make sure that you are among people who love you and care for you. So when someone discriminates against you and keeps doing it for years, it doesn't break you ok. There is racism out there so don't just ignore it, fight it back with your brains and actions.

What else? Oh, I forgot to tell you that currently some Islamic organizations have gotten together to build an Islamic bank in Canada. I don't know how far this has progressed but I heard that they were talking about it. I don't know if any sound work is done yet but I will have to look and ask around.

Right now, its time for elections. Muslims tend to support Liberals b/c they have good policies about minorities and their rights. But recently, liberals passed a law to allow same-sex marriages :-( This is the reason why they lost so much suppport in these elections. Conservatives were winning until yesterday when Liberals came neck to neck to them in advance polls. So right now, they are equal. Conservatives have policies like that of Bush and anyone like Bush can't be good for muslims. But one good thing about conservatives is that they say no to same-sex marriages. Liberals have promised to put this issue on voting so that people of Canada vote for 'yes' or 'no' to this and whatever the people decide will happen. Keeping the big picture in mind, my vote will go to Liberals b/c I have to make sure that muslims stay safe in Canada. If conservatives came to power, then I don't really know what will happen to minority rights etc. From what I have gathered so far, people esp. minorities don't want conservatives to win due to their pro-American policies.

About jobs: Muslim ladies are working in schools, universities (professors, administrative assistants etc.), in banks, in government, hospitals (I know two muslim lady doctors personally and I am sure that there are others out there) etc. Muslim men are also working in diverse areas.

Muslim Populations: Hmm. Don't know much about this. But we do have Arbas, Pakistanis, Indians in great number.

If anyone wants to know more about Islam in Canada (more specifically Toronto area), visit this website. www.torontomuslims(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

Well take care

Assalam-u-Alaikum

asalaamu alaikum

quick question, inshallah it gets answered right away

this is for the torontonians, i was wondering about a lecture coming up at ryerson university i heard about it, but im not sure when it is exactly, i tried googling it, but if anyone finds it plzzz let me kno, or send me a pm asap, its really important an i cant miss this event...

thank u

Edited by Imaan49

Assalam-u-alaikum

You were so vague in your inquiry. What kind of lecture brother. Here is the Ryerson University`s Muslim Students Association`s webpage

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.ryerson-msa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.ryerson-msa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/[/url]

Perhaps they might be able to help out InshaAllah.

Take care

Assalam-u-Alaikum

windsor is right next to the border to detroit.. i have really really good family friends who live there!

about house prices, well it differs... toronto is really expensive! renting a two room apartment there was about 900 dollars! while is montreal you can get the same, even bigger actually for 500 bucks. my husband was renting one room (NO not one room apartment, but ONE ROOM ONLY) in toronto and it cost 470 $!

Assalam-u-alaikum

You were so vague in your inquiry. What kind of lecture brother. Here is the Ryerson University`s Muslim Students Association`s webpage

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.ryerson-msa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.ryerson-msa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/[/url]

Perhaps they might be able to help out InshaAllah.

Take care

Assalam-u-Alaikum

:D :D

RMSA..

**cough** :D :D

LOOL..

Omni media is doing a survey: Should Omni print cartoons of Prophet Muhammed (PBUH)? Call 416-260-4005 and press (2) for NO!!! Can't call more than once...so fwd this to as many people as you know!!!

Jazakallahu Khairun

Assalamu alaikum

Omni media is doing a survey: Should Omni print cartoons of Prophet Muhammed (PBUH)? Call 416-260-4005 and press (2) for NO!!! Can't call more than once...so fwd this to as many people as you know!!!

Jazakallahu Khairun

Assalamu alaikum

Man you scared me. :D Question was about newspaper in general not about omni print. I just called. Thanks for sharing though.

Assalam u alaikum

I was searching for information about Muslims in Canada and “bumped†into this forum. Right now I am living in UAE and in near future I am expecting to moving to Canada and therefore am a bit concerned how I and my wife will be treated there. Most probably we will be settling in Toronto.

My concern is that I have a beard and my wife does a complete hijaab, i.e. wears a niqaab. Can someone please provide me some information/advice? Am I correct in being worried?

Plus, I will be very thankful if someone could advise me which areas to look for while searching for accommodation in Toronto…. Areas with Muslim communities would be ideal.

Jazaak Allahu khairan …. Wassalam u alaikum

Waqqas Pervez

waqqas[at]hotmail

United Front Canada is organizing a rally to be held on February 19th to protest against the highly offensive cartoons recently published in the Danish daily paper Jyllands-Posten. Under the guise of free speech, these provactive and racist depictions have insulted hundreds of millions of muslims around the globe. You can read more about this affront in Haroon Siddiqui's Toronto Star editorial.

UFC is asking people of all faiths to come together to protest against these derogatory and gratuitously inflammatory depictions. We need to unite and stand up against hate-inciting publications, whether they are anti-islamic, anti-semitic, or anti-christian. Please join us and show your support for this important cause. We are also looking for volunteers to help organize the rally.

The Rally will start at 2pm at Queens Park with a number of speakers, and will then march to the Royal Danish Consulate at 151 Bloor Street West.

Sunday, Feb 19th - 2pm [at] Queens Park

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.unitedfrontcanada(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.asp"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.unitedfrontcanada(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.asp[/url]

Assalam u alaikum

I was searching for information about Muslims in Canada and “bumped” into this forum. Right now I am living in UAE and in near future I am expecting to moving to Canada and therefore am a bit concerned how I and my wife will be treated there. Most probably we will be settling in Toronto.

My concern is that I have a beard and my wife does a complete hijaab, i.e. wears a niqaab. Can someone please provide me some information/advice? Am I correct in being worried?

Plus, I will be very thankful if someone could advise me which areas to look for while searching for accommodation in Toronto…. Areas with Muslim communities would be ideal.

Jazaak Allahu khairan …. Wassalam u alaikum

Waqqas Pervez

waqqas[at]hotmail

Assalamu alaikum, Alhamdulillah Toronto is a very nice city, You should have no problem because of your beard or your wife wearing a Naqaab. If any place in Canada, Toronto is the most Muslim populated city. MashaAllah there are Masjid in almost every area, and Private Islamic Schools are available for children. There are many places where halaqas are held for Men and Women.

Almost all area in and around Toronto are populated by Muslims, but depends where you want to live, Personally my preference would be MISSISSAUGA or SCARBOROUGH, because I am familiar with these places. Scarborough in in the east and Mississauga is in the west. They are both nice residential areas with Masjids, Schools, Halal Meat and Indian Pakistani grocery stores. InshaAllah you can get more information from the link below. InshaAllah hopefully this helps. Wassalamu Alaikum.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_torontomuslims(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]TORONTO MUSLIMS[/url]

United Front Canada is organizing a rally to be held on February 19th to protest against the highly offensive cartoons recently published in the Danish daily paper Jyllands-Posten. Under the guise of free speech, these provactive and racist depictions have insulted hundreds of millions of muslims around the globe. You can read more about this affront in Haroon Siddiqui's Toronto Star editorial.

UFC is asking people of all faiths to come together to protest against these derogatory and gratuitously inflammatory depictions. We need to unite and stand up against hate-inciting publications, whether they are anti-islamic, anti-semitic, or anti-christian. Please join us and show your support for this important cause. We are also looking for volunteers to help organize the rally.

The Rally will start at 2pm at Queens Park with a number of speakers, and will then march to the Royal Danish Consulate at 151 Bloor Street West.

Sunday, Feb 19th - 2pm [at] Queens Park

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.unitedfrontcanada(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.asp"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.unitedfrontcanada(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.asp[/url]

i didnt kno their doing it again thought it already happened, inshallah i'll b going to that

thnx for the info

i didnt kno their doing it again thought it already happened, inshallah i'll b going to that

thnx for the info

Any Muslims in Newfoundland?

Assalam-u-alaikum

I am living in Canada right now. From personal experience, there is one thing really really bad about this country. See my dad is ill today. He got ill at 4:00 am, vomiting really bad and burping so much that he couldn't go to sleep. (These aren't any normal burps by the way). So my mom took him to hospital and there he had to wait for around 7 hours before any doctor showed up to take care of him. :D and this isn't the first time. Last time, my dad wasn't feeling well (same thing as now happened with him), he waited out in the lounge for hours. And then he vomited there and I went up to the nurse and told her he isn't well and is vomiting. Guess what she did. She gave me a tray in which he could vomit. Do you believe this? My dad is in pain and all she gives me is a crummy tray (which isn't quite big to hold his vomit by the way) You know what, we have better treatment back in Pakistan. I mean my dad himself is a doctor and none of his patients ever had to wait that long. once a girl who was epileptic was brought to our clinic early in the morning. my parents weren't up yet. my mom pulled herself out of her bed, got ready and attended to her patient. (she is a doc too) so really waiting here in hospitals sucks. that's the worst thing about canada. my brother says if we were rich here we would have afforded a private hospital and then dad wouldn't have to wait that long. so anyone who wants to come to canada, be aware of this factor. by the way, keep a look at the news. i know conservative government (which just came to power recently) wants to decrease the waiting period. let's see how this turns out. Do make dua for my dad that he gets well soon InshaAllah. we are all very worried.

take care

Assalam-u-Alaikum

:D we hope your father will make a quick recovery ameen..

as for our healthcare system.. its cracking thats for sure! sadly..

Assalam-u-Alaikum Everyone

I am writing this email to ask a huge favour from all Canadians in this forum. My dad is in the hospital right now. He was taken to the hospital by ambulance at 12 noon. He was diagnosed with "Intestinal obstruction" by a doctor in a walk-in clinic earlier. This doctor not only called the ambulance but also wrote a doctor's note for my dad stating that he needed immediate attention. So dad got to the hospital by 12. You know what. The doctor arrived to see him at 8:00pm. They made him wait for 8 hours in his bad condition. That's not the first time something like this happen. I have heard worst cases about patient mistreatment in william osler health centre. Patients including visitors are mistreated at this hospital. I know this from first-hand experience. Its awful there. I think this hosptial should be better called "House of Horrors".

I am very angry at my father's mistreatment and that of others. I am going to write about this InshaAllah and spread the stories to the media and the local MPs as well as higher authorities. This is where I need your help. I want to make a powerful impact here. I need stories from people. People who have been to the william osler health centre (the one in Brampton) or any other hospital in Canada and have been mistreated and neglected. Kindly write back to me at arzoo_zaheer[at]yahoo.ca and spread this post around to all your Canadian friends, acquaintances and relatives. If anyone would like to help out in composing the compilation of articles, kindly contact me. This is going to be a huge project and I can use all the help I can get.

I am hoping that the power of my/our pen would eventually lead to some changes in the health care system of Canada such as lower waiting hours, increased visitor hours esp. in the emergency section etc.

Anyone can think of any other changes we need to make this system better?

Thanks everyone

Take care

Assalam-u-Alaikum

From

Arzoo Zaheer

Assalam u alaikum

I don't live in Canada but might be soon moving there ..... waiting for my 'Landing papers'.

I've earlier posted a message asking for information regarding as to where to live in Toronto, and if a bearded person and a 'Niqabi' lady would've any problem. Sister "UmAhmad" provided some useful informtion for which I am very thankful to her .... though I would've appreciated if some more brothers/sisters gave their inputs on this .... just to have different viewpoints as different people may have different experiences.

It is really shocking for me to know that the Healthcare system is that bad in Canada. I always thought that it was one of the best as I've read in numerous places that UN has placed Canada in the top-most rankings for the high living standards there.

-- I would like to hear from brothers/sisters what will be the situation like, keeping in mind the scenario where a bearded Muslim alongwith his 'niqabi' wife and a toddler arrives at Toronto airport from middle east (but of Pakistani origin).

-- What sort of treatment we can expect?

-- Any problems that we should be mentally prepared for?

-- Sister UmAhmad indicated Scarborough and Mississauga as ideal areas for a Muslim to live in ..... any other suggestons?

Sorry for asking so much but as you all know yourselves that moving to a country where traditions, climate, and everything is different to what we are used to is not an easy thing ..... so brothers/sisters help me with your suggestions/advices.

Jazaak um Allahu khairan

Wassalam u alaikum

Waqqas

well i live in toronto right now, but in north york, not that far to mississauga, as far as i kno i have never been insulted, neither has my family, the situation is not that bad, i did hear of a couple of incidents regarding this issue, but i dont think its something we can run away from, well u can mentally prepare for the weather ahahah, get all the sweaters u can find in ur house an BUY MORE, an i agree with UmAhman about living in scarborough an mississauga, howe this helps

also i want to add to my fellow torontonians,

THE STRIKE IS ON WOOHOO, no school for colleges

alhamdullilah.........Toronto has a very large muslim community.

Toronto has , like any large city it's negatives and positives.....but overall very friendly. I love that I can always find a Masjid when I need to pray (although you might miss some of them if you didn't know them). I love that there is always lecture, conference or event to attend. I love that there are reliable sources of Islamic knowledge.

hey sis Imaan........cool you're in Toronto.

canada seems like i really nice place especialy for muslims ( except perhaps the case about hospitals :D )

xx :D

The healthcare systme here in Canada is very good compared to many countries. Healthcare is covered by the government. and despite sometimes long waiting lists the healthcare system is not bad.

Edited by *Dreamer*

There was a rally held here last saturday in front of the israeli consulate. Lots of supports showed up, a lot of noise was made but at the end of the day we didnt accomplish much.

The following wednesday of the same week, there was a pro-jewish rally held. They were not so loud as the others but they managed to raise CAD $2-5 million on the spot and send it to israel.. not like the terrorist army needs the money :D !!