Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hasib

Dry Hair

:D

Yah!

Anything I can do to cure dry hair?? I think the shampoos available in the markets are too strong for my hair and after showering they are so dry!!

What to do??

PropellerAds

Assalamu Alaikum, Best thing to do for dry hair is to use a mild shampoo with conditioner in it.

Use shampoo twice a week not everyday.

Put a few drops of Coconut oil or Olive oil on the palm of your hand and rub it into the roots of your hair and outwards at night and shampoo the hair in the morning.

People these days go Eww, but remember it is Sunnah to put oil in your head, so do it with the intention of practicing a Sunnah, and you will get added blessings.

Assalamu Alaikum, umAhmad.

What kind of oil did rasool :D use??

Are there anythings we can use from his sunnah for stronger hair??

If ur hair's drying out its probably due to the sodium laureth sulfate, ammonium laureth sulfate. cocomidopropyl betaine, and other harsh detergents and chemicals put into shampoos.

My advice is to try an organic shampoo like miessence, burts bees, etc.

If ur hair's drying out its probably due to the sodium laureth sulfate, ammonium laureth sulfate. cocomidopropyl betaine, and other harsh detergents and chemicals put into shampoos.

My advice is to try an organic shampoo like miessence, burts bees, etc.

:D for your advice.

Are those brands sold in UK?? You dont have to reveal your location but i'm in the USA and i've never heard of those brands.

Assalamu alaikum, This is the hadith I found , it is from SHAMAIL-E-TIRMIZI, there is no mention of any particular oil. Olive Oil was commonly used at that time, so it is possible they used it for hair too. Wallahu Aalam, Assalamu Alaikum, umAhmad.

HADITH NUMBER 2

Hazrat Anas (Radiallahu anhu) reports, "Sayyidina Rasulullah

(Sallallahu alaihe wasallam) often rubbed oil in his head and also often combed his beard. He put a cloth over his head, which became like an oil cloth due to the frequent use of oil."

Commentary

The clothing becomes oiled due to the use of oil, and this was

against the noble habit of Sayyidina Rasulullah (Sallallahu alaihe wasallam), who liked cleanliness. He put a cloth over his head so that the amaamah (turban) etc. did not become stained.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_alislaah2.tripod(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/tirmizi/id4.html"]SOURCE:[/url]

:D for your advice.

Are those brands sold in UK?? You dont have to reveal your location but i'm in the USA and i've never heard of those brands.

Salaam. Umm go to the burtbees website and type your zip to find retailers near you. i know they have very mild non-irritating shampoos

Miessence is an australia based company that sells its products online, it sells the first certified organic shampoos and other products :D

ermm.....u could try a shampoo that is meant to moisturize dry hair. Fructis Sleek and Shine is very good for that, or even Herbal Essences...just make sure its made for dry hair. :D

They're kind of feminine, but ur comfortable with your masculinity rite? :D

ermm.....u could try a shampoo that is meant to moisturize dry hair. Fructis Sleek and Shine is very good for that, or even Herbal Essences...just make sure its made for dry hair. :D

They're kind of feminine, but ur comfortable with your masculinity rite? :D

Herbal Essences ROFL>.......... are you mad??????????

no wayz!! i'd start smelling like fruits and all flowers :D

:)

Assalamu Alaikum, Best thing to do for dry hair is to use a mild shampoo with conditioner in it.

Use shampoo twice a week not everyday.

Put a few drops of Coconut oil or Olive oil on the palm of your hand and rub it into the roots of your hair and outwards at night and shampoo the hair in the morning.

^^^ good tips from sis umAhmad. I found Organic root stimulator olive oil for dry hair. I use it. It's very good.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_store.ebonyline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/16009.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_store.ebonyline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/16009.html[/url]

you have to make sure the shampoo you use is made for dry hair.

use some conditioner as well. dove works good.

and if you dont like oily hair all the time, you could put the oil in your hair a few hours before you're going to wash it. so the shampoo wont make it too dry when you wash it.

Herbal Essences ROFL>.......... are you mad??????????

no wayz!! i'd start smelling like fruits and all flowers :D

As-salaamu-'alaikum,

I use Herbal Essences... :D

Okay, i'd suggest you sort out your diet. :D Hair, like skin and nails is an indication of what is going on inside the body.

Incorporate more fruits and vegetables and drink plenty of water. When the body doesn't get enough nutrients, it uses what it already has to save vital organs first, this is why hair, skin and nails usually are first to show signs of weakness.

Secondly, try massaging the scalp preferably every night with olive oil, using circular movements to invogorate it and improve circulation, which will in result help the scalp absorb the oil but will :) produce healthier hair. Essentially you'd be feeding the hair with nutrients by getting blood moving.

Also try to get your hands on "Black Seed" or "Black Seed Oill" ..literally its a cure for everything (except death)

Keep out of the sun and avoid chlorine, salt water and over shampooing. Some shampoos are harsh, namely Pantene <_< psh. ugh.

Leave in conditioners are excellent if your trying to protect the hair from the oxidizing effects of the sun and chlorine contaminated pools.

Lastly, invest in a good shampoo, specifically designed for dry hair.

Look for one that is either "hydrating", "strengthening" or "smoothening and softening"

Edited by ~mehnaz~

:D sincerely for everyones reply :)

I will do as advised! :D..