Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hasib

Masjid Vandalized

:D

After yesterday's 20 man terror cell bust in southern ontario, one of the biggest Masjids in Toronto was vandalized overnight.

Damage is estimated at more than $15,000 after three-dozen windows and glass doors were smashed overnight at one of Toronto’s biggest Masjids.

The windshields of five vehicles parked behind the International Muslims Organization of Toronto Masjid on Rexdale Blvd. in Etobicoke were also smashed in the vandalism spree early today.

"I am very saddened that someone would do this,”"organization president Omar Farouk said as he surveyed the damage.

He said the attack, which appeared to be the work of a single vandal using an axe or hammer, was the first vandalism at the Masjid since a single window was smashed the night following the 9/11 terrorist attacks in 2001.

Farouk said he feared the latest vandalism may have been backlash after the weekend arrests of 12 men and five youths, many of them Muslims, suspected of planning terrorist attacks in the Greater Toronto area.

"Islam preaches peace," Farouk said. "For us, to kill one person is like killing all of mankind."

Police think the vandal likely cut himself when a large piece of broken glass fell outward from one of the damaged windows. The few windows smashed after that were spattered with blood.

Toronto officers took samples of the blood to make a DNA profile of the vandal, who also left footprints in gardens under the windows.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.thestar(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1149415322332&call_pageid=968332188492&col=968793972154&t=TS_Home"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.thestar(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/NASApp/cs/ContentSe...72154&t=TS_Home[/url]

PropellerAds

:D i hope they find the vandal :D ...

i've never been to that masjid but my dad and brothers went, and its supposed to be very beautiful.

Hopefully the Muslim community will pitch in for the cost of damage, i am sure.

Police think the vandal likely cut himself when a large piece of broken glass fell outward from one of the damaged windows. The few windows smashed after that were spattered with blood.]

Haha!

Salaam,

Is the Masjid looking for donations for the rebuilding?

LOL at the DNA evidence left...the footprints sound v. 'Agatha Christie' to me :D

Hope they catch the perpetrators and part of their penalty is to help rebuild the Masjid.

Peace and Love,

DARLA

:D for the info!

May Allah let them catch the dirt bags that did that and may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon the prophet Muhammed and his family! ameen!

17 of our brothers were arrested the other day! Subhan'Allah! May Allah protect them from those who lie against them and try to harm them and may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon the prophet Muhammed and his family! ameen!

Read here:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060604/terrorists_court_060604/20060604?hub=CTVNewsAt11"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...hub=CTVNewsAt11[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.swissinfo(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/eng/international/ticker/detail/Canada_suspects_targeted_Ottaw_Toronto_media.html?siteSect=143&sid=6781916&cKey=1149522773000"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.swissinfo(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/eng/international...y=114952277300

[/url]

I hope they find the people :D..

Our whole community is shocked here in Toronto. These Arrests were so sudden and unexpected...........and then on top of that Our Masjid was vandalized.

Just in the last two days I've had random people come up to me and hurl insults.

inshaAllah with lots of patiance we will get through this.

:D/Peace To All

:D May Allah :D protect all the innocent...

17 of our brothers were arrested the other day! Subhan'Allah! May Allah protect them from those who lie against them and try to harm them and may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon the prophet Muhammed and his family! ameen!

Thank god they were captured before they blew anything up and killed more innocent people. But there is already a thread about this so let's focus on the masjid being vandalized.

I hope they find the vandal and punish him to the full extent of the law.

it is sadening that someone would do this to a place of worship, i hope the authorities are just and swift just like they where when dealing with the 17 gang

ïn situations like this, we must not forget to do a dua for our brothers and sisters. Remember it only takes a second, and you never know, it might come true.

Assalam Alaikum

Hope Police catch the culprits..

GOD BLESS US ALL

Assalamu alaikum, these are all test from Allah inshaAllah, we need to acquire patience, and make intention to change our life for the better, meaning to try to bring Sunnah in our life. Muslims are moving away from Islam and so these tests are coming towards us, and our only salvation is to turn towards Allah.

Assalamu alaikum, umAhmad

the whole thing is extremely disturbing... it never occured to me that Canada could possible be bombed...the fact that five of them were young offenders is really worrying. :D

Just in the last two days I've had random people come up to me and hurl insults.

:) Thats terrible! Alhamdulillah, i've been pretty lucky.

You're not actually defending them, are you? :D

15 grand?! Blimey, may Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) protect us.

I haven’t heard of any masjid being vandalized here but our local masjid once received a ‘present’. Some one went out of their way to buy a pig’s head and plaster it on the masjid front door :D

Ya rabb, ehdeena siratul mustaqeem

:D warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Some people are small minded and petty. Hopefully the police can find the culprits and punish them accordingly.

Peace Livius,

Some people are small minded and petty. Hopefully the police can find the culprits and punish them accordingly.

I really appreciate your comments. Thank again, Take care, umAhmad.