Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
salamon

Al-takeyya

why should i trust anything you say about Islam is true, when i know that you are allowed to deceive the unbelievers?

plese read the following article before responding

(www.)"http://islamreview/articles/lying.shtml"]islamreview/articles/lying.shtml[/url]

PropellerAds

Bismillahirrahmaanerraheem

Taqiyyah in Islam is to lie only if your life is threatened, specifically if you are under torture.

But some sects (such as the Shiahs and the Ismailies) believe they can lie to anyone about anything and they claim any sort of lying that is used to convert people to their particulat sects and cults is allowed.

But the majority of Muslims, the Sunnis (90% of Muslims are Sunnis) do Not believe this.

Peace unto those who follow the Guidance

meh, bit of a grey area. Most of the muslims I've met on this forum tell me that Islam is 100% peaceful. Read the peace of Islam thread to c how this turned out :D

If telling partial truths qualifiying as lying, then that too is lying.

:D

Taqiyyah in Islam is to lie only if your life is threatened, specifically if you are under torture.

But some sects (such as the Shiahs and the Ismailies) believe they can lie to anyone about anything and they claim any sort of lying that is used to convert people to their particulat sects and cults is allowed.

But the majority of Muslims, the Sunnis (90% of Muslims are Sunnis) do Not believe this.

Peace unto those who follow the Guidance

IF does not allow discussions of different sects in Islam. This complex issue will require more than ordinary Muslim's knowledge to engage into various theological differences and interpretations of Islam. All Muslims should make Quran and Sunnah their only source of guidance. Therefore, we advise everyone to stay away from all sects. Please read about them in our 'Avoid All Sects and Cults' forum, here:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showforum=163"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showforum=163[/url]

Posting or discussing any sect-related issue is a violation of IF rules.