Islamic Forum
Tamarbutah

Jews And Christians Revert To Islam

:D

SubhanAllah!

Nice Video about Zaytuna Institute, it shows people embracing our wonderful deen from all backgrounds, truely inspiring.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.youtube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch?v=_gtb6qWWpRE&search=Islam"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.youtube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch?v=_gtb6qWWpRE&search=Islam[/url]

PropellerAds

:D / Peace to all,

:D for sharing... :D

Sis Zabrina

Assalam ALaikum

Jazaak Allah KHair for sharing..

May Allah (SWT) reward you for sharing this :D

<font DO NOT CHANGE COLORblue><b>

I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan

(devil) the cursed, the rejected. </b>

<blink>

With the name of Allah (swt) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continously Merciful</blink>

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

Will Britain convert to Islam?

Could Islam one day become the established church of Britain? Might English women adopt the headscarves and enveloping robes of their Asian sisters, as the call to prayer rises and falls across the slate roofs of rainswept industrial cities?

Author: Peter Hitchens

Publication: Mail on Sunday

Date: November 2, 2003

Could Islam one day become the established church of Britain?

Might English women adopt the headscarves and enveloping robes of their Asian sisters, as the call to prayer rises and falls across the slate roofs of rainswept industrial cities?

The idea is not as impossible, as bizarre or distant as you might think.

An astonishing Channel 4 programme last week - The Last White Kids -- showed two English children who live in an entirely Muslim district becoming enthusiastic attenders at the local Masjid, wrapping themselves in Islamic draperies and learning the Koran.

Amie Gallagher, nine, and her sister Ashlene, 12, are all-too-typical children of modern Britain in some ways, daughters of a single-parent household where the father is absent.

In Islam they seem to have found something that would otherwise be missing from their lives. At the Masjid there is authority, certainty, even disciplined education in the Arabic language and the Koran.

This has happened because the Gallaghers are the only white family in a suburb otherwise completely dominated by Asian Muslims.

If they move away, as they may well do, then perhaps the two girls' attachment to the Masjid will fail. Their brother, Jake, has not followed them down the Muslim path and has instead become even more defiantly English than he might otherwise have done.

But this strange little story contains a warning for Britain as a whole, as it careers ever more rapidly down the path of permissiveness which began so gently in the Sixties and now slopes ever more steeply downwards towards sexual chaos, drunkenness, family breakdown and the epidemic use of stupefying drugs.

Sooner or later, as in every other era of human history, there will be a revulsion against this licence, a desire to stop the waste, cruelty and misery which these things bring, especially to children.

Where will that revulsion come from? In the 18th and 19th Centuries it came from Christianity and the mighty but forgotten Temperance movements which reacted against the squalor and misery of Hogarth's Gin Lane, and whose effects we still just feel.

But Christianity shows little sign of doing the job a second time. Its leaders are more concerned about foreign conflict than about domestic misery, and more interested in the sexual tastes of bishops than in trying to regulate the confused sex lives of Britain's young.

The Christian churches have all but disappeared from the lives of the British people. The chapels of Wales are gaunt ruins, the great Roman Catholic churches of the industrial North West are often empty and derelict, the Anglicans scuttle about in their hallowed, lovely buildings like mice amid ancient ruins, rarely even beginning to fill spaces designed for multitudes.

The choirs and the bells gradually fall silent, the hymns are no longer sung and one by one the doors are locked and places which in some cases have seen worship for centuries become bare museums of a dead faith.

Few listen to what these churches say.

They have become exclusive clubs, whose members celebrate bizarre rituals which are baffling to outsiders.

The Christian message is a difficult and complicated one, which if not learned in childhood is hard for adults to understand. The Christian ceremonies, viewed coldly by an outsider unschooled in 2,000 years of tradition, are positively peculiar. Why would anyone eat God?

When Christianity was part of our culture and its beliefs were handed down in homes and schools, its familiarity kept it strong. Everyone knew Bible stories, hymns and prayers. Now it is at least as alien to many young people as Islam, if not more so because it does not seem to be interested in them.

But Islam is interested in them. And Islam is growing.

More and more British cities have seen the domes and minarets of smart, prominently positioned new Masjids rising in their neighbourhoods.

A large and imposing Islamic centre is now nearing completion in Oxford, one of Christian England's holiest places. Imagine what would happen if Anglicans sought to build a Christian centre in Qom, Isfahan, Najaf or anywhere on the soil of Saudi Arabia, and wonder what Muslim leaders think of Christian feebleness on such matters.

Thanks to the immigration of recent decades, Britain has a young, energetic and swelling Muslim population which is increasingly assertive about its faith.

Official Islam may disapprove of such things but there have even been signs of the Muslim intolerance towards Christianity that is a nasty feature of so many Islamic societies.

In the Bradford suburb of Girlington, not far from where the Gallaghers live in Manningham, Asian youths tried to set fire to an Anglican church. Soon afterwards, a Brownie pack leader was attacked in a nearby street by young men who snarled 'Christian ' at her.

An isolated and meaningless incident? You might hope so, but it would be unwise to be sure.

If you travel to these areas, you get the sense that Islam, one of the great forces of history, long ago defeated by the armies and navies of a mighty Christian Europe, is once again feeling its strength and finding that it has been able to penetrate what were once the most impregnable fortresses of its great rival.

Islam's appeal, wherever it has triumphed, has been in its simplicity. It requires submission to some basic, straightforward rules which are easily kept, and in return it offers that most wonderful and rare commodity, peace of mind. To modern Westerners, its attitude towards women seems incredibly backward and even hateful.

But as the reactions of Ashlene and Amie Gallagher show, its discipline, safety and certainties have an appeal for girls lost in the churning seas of permissiveness, whose own families have been weakened by the crumbling of the two-parent family, the absence of fathers and the impermanence of husbands, if there are husbands in the first place rather than boyfriends and ' babyfathers'.

And in most societies it is the women who sustain religions in the home and among children. In a country in the grip of unbelief, those with strong, clear convictions and an uncluttered message have a great advantage over those who offer nothing but choices to the perplexed and cannot seem to make up their minds about anything.

So if eventually Britain begins to sicken of strong lager, pools of vomit, Bacardi Breezers, bouncers looming on every High Street, the battlefields in the streets of many towns on Friday and Saturday nights, ecstasy tablets, cocaine, football-worship, pregnant 12-year-olds, morning-after pills and all that goes with them, is it possible that puritan Islam will be the cause that benefits?

If bureaucratic police and feeble justice continue to fail to suppress crime and disorder, will the savage but simple remedies of Sharia law begin to appeal to the British poor, who are already weary of seeing dishonesty triumph everywhere and lawless violence go unchecked?

Might Islam become respectable among the politically correct middle classes, in a way that Christianity never really can, because Christianity is always associated in this country with the conservative, imperial past?

You will already find plenty of bright young Muslims in our universities, many of whom are impressive and diligent students, and their influence is bound to increase as they move into the professions.

The idea of an Islamic Britain may seem highly unlikely now, amid what still seems to be more or less a Western, Christian society. We are used to thinking of Islam as a religion of backward regions, and of backward people.

But we should remember that Muslim armies came within inches of taking Vienna in 1683 and were only driven from Spain in 1492. In those days it was the Islamic world that was making the great scientific advances which we now assume are ours by right.

And is it any more unlikely than the things which have happened here in the past 40 years, during which a country of peaceful, self-restrained, lawful and rather prudish men and women has been transformed into the land of sex and swearing on TV, ladettes, semi-legal cannabis and armed police?

If we don't respect our own customs and religion, we may end up, as Ashlene and Amie Gallagher have done, respecting someone else's. Don't be surprised.

&&&&

I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan (devil)the cursed, the rejected.

With the name of Allah (swt) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continously Merciful

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

%%%%%%%%%

Disillusioned by the Church

An Australian Man Finds His Way Home

By John Pugh **

My journey to Islam came somewhere from my Catholic roots. I was born and bred in Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia. Every week, I would attend mass with my mother, grandmother, and uncle. My uncle, a committed and traditional Catholic, had a huge influence on my faith, and for much of my childhood, I followed a strict Catholic tradition.

In 1984, my life was shattered with the death of my uncle, and I became more involved in the church. In my last two remaining years of school, I became involved in youth groups, vocation councils, and parish activities. After school, I worked for four years in a local clothing store and at night went to every church youth group meeting that I could attend. You could say I was a Catholic junkie.

During that time, I learned a lot about the history of the Catholic Church and found that the Catholic Church was full of inconsistencies. However, I had a dream that I wanted to work for the Catholic Church, so in 1991, I applied to go to university to study education. I figured that with an education degree and my background, I might find a job as a youth worker. Over that time, I was still involved in the church helping to form youth groups and becoming involved in the St. Vincent de Paul Society.

I went to Melbourne for a month to take a youth worker course (sponsored by the local parish) and studied basic theology. I graduated from university and found a teaching position in a Catholic school in Stan Thorpe. It wasn't youth work, but it was a start.

After two years, I applied for a diocesan-based position, working with intellectually disabled people. In this position, I was able to attend many in-service training courses on the Church, Jesus, and God. What I began to discover was just how much the Catholic Church had lost hold of its grass roots and had become institutionalized. I even found that two parishes in the same town disagreed with the nature of the church and Jesus.

While I was working in this position, I met my future wife, who had converted to Catholicism. We were married in 1997, and, in early 1998, we had our first daughter. After I had worked two and half years with disabled people, the funding ran out and I was offered a teaching position in a local Catholic school until the end of 1998.

My dreams of being a youth worker in the church were crushed after that and I began to suffer from depression, although I did not know it. In 1999, I worked at another local Catholic school and had another daughter, but it became evident by the end of 1999 that I could not keep on teaching. Subsequently, I was laid off from my job.

It was then that I lost all faith in the Church. I thought it was depression, yet it was something deeper. Little did I know my wife was also beginning to have reservations about the Catholic Church. I still managed to attend church, but it was no longer the same. I had faith in God, but what was this church that Jesus had begun?

My studies revealed a church that was created by men and riddled with corruption, that often threw out those who questioned it or were a burden, and this is what had happened to me.

My wife already had questions. She found that she had become part of a church that was full of inconstancies. She, too, had faith in God, but she had studied Islam while studying religion at the University of New England in Australia. In Islam, she had found a religion that held faith in God, preached peace and equality for all, and wasn't afraid to answer a lot of hard questions. This was unlike what she had found in Catholicism. In 2001, she became a Muslim about a month before I did. She began wearing a hijab and dressing modestly.

My turning point came about one month after my wife unofficially reverted. During that month, I had become very disappointed in what my Church was, and during a sermon, the priest said, "If all Christians treated each other with respect, we would not have so many divisions." It was then the penny dropped.

All Muslims treat each other with respect, men and women have equal status, and there is no hierarchy. In the Qur'an, it is said,

[O you men! surely We have created you of a male and a female, and made you tribes and families that you may know each other; surely the most honorable of you with Allah is the one among you most careful (of his duty); surely Allah is Knowing, Aware.] (Al-Hujurat 49:13)

I discovered that I had already been living my life with a lot of Islamic ideas — I always gave what I didn't need to the poor; I always had faith and lived my life according to God's will; and I always saw people as equals. All of mankind are from Adam and Eve.

It is known in Islam that an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab, nor does a non-Arab have any superiority over an Arab. A white has no superiority over a black, nor does a black have any superiority over a white — except by piety and good deeds. Every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim, and the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing belonging to a Muslim is legitimate to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. We are reminded not to do injustice to ourselves. One day we will meet Allah and we will answer for our deeds.

Throughout my life, God was leading me to Islam; I just didn't know it. My wife had already been in contact with the president of the Toowoomba Islamic Society, Dr. Shahjahan Khan. On June 16, 2001, Khan and his wife came over to our house and witnessed my wife and I say our Shahadah together. Praise be to Almighty Allah Who alone leads and gives mercy and light.

Asalaam Alaikum

Is it true America is the fastest growing Islamic revert country in the world? Or is it somewhere else?

Asalaam Alaikum

Is it true America is the fastest growing Islamic revert country in the world? Or is it somewhere else?

CNN:April 14, 1997

Fast-growing Islam winning converts in Western world

Fastest-growing religion

The second-largest religion in the world after Christianity, Islam is also the fastest-growing religion. In the United States, for example, nearly 80 percent of the more than 1,200 Masjids have been built in the past 12 years

souce: internet

[ sorry; this forum won't allow me to give links ]

Assalamu `alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh;

Who says that Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world? Some people say that Islam was just spread by the sword, and there is nobody to accept it now. Others say that the current growth rate of Islam is due to a massive, Muslim "baby boom" around the world. Here are a collection of links from reputed news services around the world which refutes such claims.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CNN: Fastest Growing Religion Islam | Cached [10Kb]

ABC News: Islam on Rise | Cached [10Kb]

SIM: Islam Fastest Growing Religion | Cached [10Kb]

BIC News: Fastest and Misunderstood Religion | Cached [7Kb]

Seattle Times: Muslim in America | Cached [24Kb]

Washington Report: Muslims in America | Cached [32Kb]

Mohammed's Religion Finds a Place in Haiti

Washington Post: Islam Attracting Many Survivors of Rwanda Genocide

Rwanda: Islam Blooms in Genocide's Wake

Rwanda Turns to Islam After Genocide

Islam Fastest Growing Faith in Australia

Newsweek: Muslims in Western Europe

Newsminer: Islam in Fairbanks | Cached [17Kb]

Refugees Attracting Americans to Islam

Washington Post: Islam Luring More Latinos | Cached [38k]

Times of India: Islam to Become 2nd Largest Faith Practised in US

Islam The Fastest Growing Religion

The Sacremento Bee: Islam is Fastest-Growing Religion in US | Cached [29K]

The Tampa Tribune: Islam Offers Identity For Some Blacks

Independent, UK: Do Muslims not Belong in this Christian Europe?

Guardian, UK: Making Do Without the Mainstream

America Free but Immoral

Comprehensive Survey of US Muslims

Faith: Islam's Third Run for Europe

Last updated on June 26, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

see also:

Converts to Islam

America and Islam

Latin American Muslims

Islamic Articles in Newspapers

Testimonies of Christian Converts to Islam

Time Magazine: The Many Faces of Islam

Islam Fastest Growing Religion In Canada: Census

The number of Muslims has thrived in Canada as a census shows that Islam has become the number one non-Christian faith in Quebec and Canada as a whole, a leading Canadian newspaper reported Wednesday, May 14.

The number of Quebec Muslims increased by almost 1.5 times between 1991 and 2001, The Montreal Gazette said, quoting the 2001 Canadian census made public by the official Statistics Canada on Tuesday, May 13.

Jazakhalla Khair. Thats good info. Particularly for the non muslim bigots who you sometimes come across. it does look like it is growing fast in America.

Shaykh Abdal Qadir says "Allah uses the enemeis of the Deen - to advance the Deen".

Looks like it is happening there :D

Well I don't know. I don't think we are anywhere near seeing an Islamic Britain anytime soon. From what I have observed, Evangelical Christian denominations are growing strongly, and swallowing the converts from the other fading Christian denominations. I actually sense a deepening hostility towards Islam.

Shaykh Abdal Qadir says "Allah uses the enemeis of the Deen - to advance the Deen".

Assalam Alaikum

Good Quote and very interesting also :D

And yah! I agree somewhere tht this is happening around the world.

Assalam Alaikum

Good Quote and very interesting also :D

And yah! I agree somewhere tht this is happening around the world.

With the name of Allah (swt) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continously Merciful

&&

Dutch Woman Embraces Islam ‘Live’

By Nasreddine Djebbi,

THE HAGUE , October 9, 2005

A Dutch woman has reverted to Islam in a live interview on a Muslim-oriented radio in the Netherlands .

Meranda Houtenbos asked the presenter on Nio radio to make public her reversion with the start of the holy fasting month of Ramadan in the northwestern European country.

The 26-year-old woman was invited to the program to opine on Islam and Muslims in view of spreading stereotypes fueled by media and the rightists.

Raised Catholic, Houtenbos said she started reading about the Muslim faith after it had come under the spotlight in the wake of the 9/11 attacks.

“I preferred reading to giving my ear to media,†she said. “My Muslim friends have made the task easier for me and gave me books written by trustworthy scholars.â€

“It was also thanks to a Masjid nearby, whose imam has answered many of my questions.â€

Radio Nio took to the airwaves on September 4 as a special service for Dutch Muslims. It is aimed at removing wrong notions on Muslims.

Muslims in Holland —estimated at one million out of the country's 16 million—have established over the past 30 years hundreds of religious, social, and cultural organizations, many of which receive grants from the Dutch authorities.

No Compulsion.

Houtenbos said she embraced Islam out of her own volition.

“Every person is entitled to choose his/her religion and I have singled out Islam,†she said in an impromptu interview.

She touched on clashes with her family over the new religion and how they tried hard to convince her to backtrack on her decision.

“Of course I feel alienated from my family, and my parents refused to cope with this new reality.â€

Rami Sukraman, the imam who was present during the interview, said more Dutch people are reverting to Islam from all walks of life.

“Scientists, doctors, students and teachers have embraced Islam recently,†he told IslamOnline Sunday, October 9.

“At least one Dutch reverts to Islam monthly in my Masjid,†he added.

Sukrman called on the new reverts to take difficulties into their strides and maintain close ties with their families no matter how harsh they treated them.

Rafik Ahmad Vris, who reverted to Islam in 1960s, said his parents had thought of embracing Islam at that time when they saw themselves how his behavior and life have changed for the better.

“But it’s not that easy nowadays since we see an avalanche of media outlets which tarnish the image of Islam and help spread Islamophobia,†he said.

Dutch Muslims have been experiencing hard times since the killing of filmmaker Theo Van Gogh at the hands of a Dutch-Moroccan.

Arsons on Masjids and verbal assaults drove Europe ’s main rights and democracy watchdog, the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE), to express concern in August at the increasing Dutch intolerance towards Muslims and the “climate of fear†under which the minority was living.

Well I don't know. I don't think we are anywhere near seeing an Islamic Britain anytime soon. From what I have observed, Evangelical Christian denominations are growing strongly, and swallowing the converts from the other fading Christian denominations. I actually sense a deepening hostility towards Islam.

Bismi Allah

Why British Women are turning to Islam

THE SPREAD OF A WORLD CREED

The Times - Tuesday, 9th November 1993 - Home-news Page

Lucy Berrington finds the Muslim Faith is winning Western admirers despite hostile media coverage

Unprecedented numbers of British people, nearly all of them women, are converting to Islam at a time of deep divisions within the Anglican and Catholic churches.

The rate of conversions has prompted predictions that Islam will rapidly become an important religious force in this country. "Within the next 20 years the number of British converts will equal or overtake the immigrant Muslim community that brought the faith here", says Rose Kendrick, a religious education teacher at a Hull comprehensive and the author of a textbook guide to the Koran. She says: "Islam is as much a world faith as is Roman Catholicism. No one nationality claims it as its own". Islam is also spreading fast on the continent and in America.

The surge in conversions to Islam has taken place despite the negative image of the faith in the Western press. Indeed, the pace of conversions has accelerated since publicity over the Salman Rushdie affair, the Gulf War and the plight of the Muslims in Bosnia. It is even more ironic that most British converts should be women, given the widespread view in the west that Islam treats women poorly. In the United States, women converts outnumber men by four to one, and in Britain make up the bulk of the estimated 10, 000 to 20, 000 converts, forming part of a Muslim community of 1 to 1.5 million. Many of Britains "New Muslims" are from middle-class backgrounds. They include Matthew Wilkinson, a former head boy of Eton who went on to Cambridge, and a son and daughter of Lord Justice Scott, the judge heading the arms-to-Iraq enquiry.

A small scale survey by the Islamic Foundation in Leicester suggests that most converts are aged 30 to 50. Younger muslims point to many conversions among students and highlight the intellectual thrust of Islam. "Muhammad" said, "The light of Islam will rise in the West" and I think that is what is happening in our day" says Aliya Haeri, an American-born psychologist who converted 15 years ago. She is a consultant to the Zahra Trust, a charity publishing spiritual literature and is one of Britain's prominent Islamic speakers. She adds: "Western converts are coming to Islam with fresh eyes, without all the habits of the East, avoiding much of what is culturally wrong. The purest tradition is finding itself strongest in the West."

Some say the conversions are prompted by the rise of comparative religious education. The British media, offering what Muslims describe as a relentless bad press on all things Islamic, is also said to have helped. Westerners despairing of their own society - rising in crime, family breakdown, drugs and alcoholism - have come to admire the discipline and security of Islam. Many converts are former Christians disillusioned by the uncertainty of the church and unhappy with the concept of the Trinity and deification of Jesus.

Quest of the Convert - Why Change?

Other converts describe a search for a religious identity. Many had previously been practising Christians but found intellectual satisfaction in Islam. "I was a theology student and it was the academic argument that led to my conversion." Rose Kendrick, a religious education teacher and author, said she objected to the concept of the original sin: "Under Islam, the sins of the fathers aren't visited on the sons. The idea that God is not always forgiving is blasphemous to Muslims.

Maimuna, 39, was raised as a High Anglican and confirmed at 15 at the peak of her religious devotion. "I was entranced by the ritual of the High Church and thought about taking the veil." Her crisis came when a prayer was not answered.

She slammed the door on visiting vicars but travelled to convents for discussions with nuns. "My belief came back stronger, but not for the Church, the institution or the dogma." She researched every Christian denomination, plus Judaism, Buddhism and Krishna Consciousness, before turning to Islam.

Many converts from Christianity reject the ecclesiastical heirarchy emphasising Muslims' direct relationship with God. They sense a lack of leadership in the Church of England and are suspicious of its apparent flexibility. "Muslims don't keep shifting their goal-posts ," says Huda Khattab, 28, author of The Muslim Woman's Handbook, published this year by Ta-Ha. She converted ten years ago while studying Arabic at university.

"Christianity changes, like the way some have said pre-marital se is okay if its with the person you're going to marry. It seems so wishy-washy. Islam was constant about sex, about praying five times a day. The prayer makes you conscious of God all the time. You're continually touching base.

Asalam Alaikum,

Ahhh yes, the folks at Zaytuna Institute have done it again :D

May Allah (swt) continue to shower his blessing on Shaykh Hamza Yusuf, Imam Zaid Shakir, Shaykh Yaqoubi, Shaykh Tahir Anwar AND the rest of the Zaytuna Group.

Allhumdulilah, through their work, i have been guided back to Islam.

Visit : www.zaytuna(contact admin if its a beneficial link) and let them work their Magic. :D

With the name of Allah ( God Almighty ) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continuously Merciful

Listen to the holy Quran---the Final Testament

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamicity(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/MOSQUE/ARABICSCRIPT/AYAT/1/1_1.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamicity(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/MOSQUE/ARABICSCRIPT/AYAT/1/1_1.htm[/url]

&&&

Glad :D to know that u came back to Islam. Alhamdulillah.

Asalamalykom

Alhamdolilah that is brilliant

doesn't zaytun mean olive :D

Asalamalykom

Alhamdolilah that is brilliant

doesn't zaytun mean olive :D

Yes, Zaytuna means olive.

The reason they named it that is because it takes Olive Trees a very long time to grow.

Just like knowledge :D

No links to the countless ppl leaving Islam?

200.000 in the UK alone.

No links to the countless ppl leaving Islam?

200.000 in the UK alone.

Why don't you give us the links?

Wassalam,

Yasnov

(www.)"http://timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1470584,00.html"]timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1470584,00.html[/url]

This story has been linked in this forum many times, didnt think it was nessesary to post it yet again, but there u go.

With the name of Allah ( God Almighty ) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continuously Merciful

Listen to the holy Quran---the Final Testament

Recitation of Sura Fathiha by Shiekh Saad Al-Ghamdhi of Saudi Arabia

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamworld(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/fathiha.au"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamworld(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/fathiha.au[/url]

&&&

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1470584,00.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1470584,00.html[/url]

This story has been linked in this forum many times, didnt think it was nessesary to post it yet again, but there u go.

*One estimate suggests that as many as 15 per cent of Muslims in Western societies have lost their faith, which would mean that in Britain there are about 200,000 apostates

------ ok, let's see . ' One estimate suggests " vs Islam the Fastest Growing Religion. Pl. remember , mainstream print & electronic media are anti-Islamic ; still when they report like the following ones , then u have to think about the matter seriously.

texas2.jpg

Channel 4 - Can you believe it? - Turning Muslim in Texas

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.channel4(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/culture/microsites/C/can_you_believe_it/debates/texas1.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.channel4(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/culture/microsites...tes/texas1.html[/url]

George W Bush may be backed by Christian fundamentalists but in his home state of Texas, Islam is the latest big draw.

Already more than a billion-people strong, Islam is the world’s fastest-growing religion. ABCNEWS, Abcnews(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

Women Embracing Islam

Gender and Conversion in the West

vanwom.gif

Many Westerners view Islam as a religion that restricts and subordinates women in both private and public life. Yet a surprising number of women in Western Europe and America are converting to Islam

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.utexas.edu/utpress/books/vanwom.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.utexas.edu/utpress/books/vanwom.html[/url]

About the Author

Karin Van Nieuwkerk is a Lecturer in Social Anthropology at the University of Nijmegen in the Netherlands.

Where the Moors Held Sway, Allah Is Praised Again

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamawareness(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Fastest/moors.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamawareness(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Fastest/moors.html[/url]

By CRAIG S. SMITH

Published: October 21, 2003

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.nytimes(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/2003/10/21/international/europe/21GRAN.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.nytimes(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/2003/10/21/internat...ope/21GRAN.html[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.kvisionbooks(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/product_info.php/10_American_Muslims/The_Sun_is_Rising_in_the_West"] The Sun is Rising in the West[/url]

(www.)"http://Fast-growing Islam winning converts in Western world

Putting their faith in Islam

14/3/2005

swissinfo, Jean-Michel Berthoud

Around 30,000 women in Switzerland have converted to Islam, according to a recent report by an organisation for Muslim women.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_thetruereligion(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/modules/xfsection"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_thetruereligion(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/modules/xfsection[/url]

Islam Attracting Many Survivors of Rwanda Genocide

Jihad Is Taught as 'Struggle to Heal'

By Emily Wax

Washington Foreign Post Service

Monday, September 23, 2002; Page A10

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.washingtonpost(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wp-dyn/articles/A53018-2002Sep22.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.washingtonpost(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wp-dyn/artic...-2002Sep22.html[/url]

"I know people in America think Muslims are

terrorists, but for Rwandans they were our freedom

fighters during the genocide," said Jean Pierre

Sagahutu, 37, a Tutsi who converted to Islam from

Catholicism after his father and nine other members of

his family were slaughtered. "I wanted to hide in a

church, but that was the worst place to go. Instead, a

Muslim family took me. They saved my life."

Islam Attracts Converts by the Thousands, Drawn Before and After Attacks By Jodi Wilgoren, The New York Times, October 22 2001 CE

Islam is the fastest-growing religion in the United States..." NEW YORK TIMES, Feb 21

"Islam continues to grow in America, and no one can doubt that!" CNN, December 15, 1995

The religion of Islam is growing faster than any other religion in the world." MIKE WALLACE, 60

MINUTES

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.geocities(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Pentagon/3016/fastest.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.geocities(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Pentagon/3016/fastest.htm[/url]

Islam is the fastest growing religion in North America." TIMES MAGAZINE

"Muhummed is the most successful of all Prophets and religious personalities. " Encyclopedia Britannica

Islam 'will be dominant UK religion'

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamawareness(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Fastest/dominant.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamawareness(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Fastest/dominant.html[/url]

By ROBERT SMITH

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gulf-daily-news(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Articles.asp?Article=76212&Sn=BNEW"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gulf-daily-news(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Articles.as...212&Sn=BNEW[/url]

Islam will be the most widely practised religion in

the UK by 2020, according to British and Muslim

magazine editor Sarah Joseph.

Texans turning Muslim?

British documentary on Lone Star Islam has new life on Web

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.dallasnews(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/sharedcontent/dws/dn/religion/stories/DN-texasmuslims_20rel.ART0.State.ition1.3a08dcf.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.dallasnews(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/sharedcontent/dw...n1.3a08dcf.html[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamawareness(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Fastest"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamawareness(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Fastest[/url]

Why the West is coming to Islam? (2 CDs) Speaker(s): Zakir Naik

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamicgoodsdirect.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/3131"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamicgoodsdirect.co.uk/produc...roducts_id/3131[/url]

&&

Professor Tagata Tagasone, formerly Head of the Department of Anatomy and Embryology at the

University of Shiang Mai in Thailand. He is now the Dean of the College of the Medicine at the University.

From my studies and from what I have learned throughout this conference, I believe that everything that has

been recorded in the Qur’aan 1400 years ago must be the truth, that can be proved by the scientific means.

Since the Prophet Muhammad could neither read nor write, Muhammad must be a messenger who relayed this

truth which was revealed to him as an enlightenment by the One Who is an eligible Creator.

This Creator must be Allah, or Allah. Therefore, I think this is the time to say ‘Laa ilaaha illallah’, that there is no Allah to worship except Allah, ‘Muhammad Rasool Allah’, Muhammad is messenger of Allah...

Professor Armstrong, Scientist works at NASA, I am impressed that how remarkably some of the ancient

writings seem to correspond to modern and recent Astronomy. There may well have to be something beyond

what we understand as ordinary human experience to account for the writings that we have seen.

Professor Dorja Rao, It is difficult to imagine that this type of knowledge was existing at that time, around

1400 years back. May be some of the things they have simple idea about, but do describe those things in great

detail is very difficult. So, this is definitely not a simple human knowledge.

So my link is "anti-islamic" yet im supposed to accept all ur links?

So my link is "anti-islamic" yet im supposed to accept all ur links?

You don't have to accept anything , in fact you don't have to even enter this room.