Islamic Forum
anthony19832005

I Don't Mean To Interrupt Your Joy But....

:D

:D um ahmed but im still gonna watch the world cup.....nothing aginast u guys but i dont see it haraam unless ure only watching it to look at their thighs....whihc i cant see anyone doing..

PropellerAds

Sorry Guys, but this REALLY is ridiculous

Okay, so we can't watch T.V., because we might accidentally see a man that isn't covering his knees, the players aren't even muslims!

no body is watching the WorldCup the see the guys their thighs. but their intending to watch the game..

Sorry Guys, but this REALLY is ridiculous

Okay, so we can't watch T.V., because we might accidentally see a man that isn't covering his knees, the players aren't even muslims!

trust me, some are :)

Edited by dead man walking

You can always listen to it on the radio...

Your intention might be to just watch the football, but no doubt u will see the players awrah... And how can you say that u'll 'accidently' might see the players thighs, when you know in the first place thier not covered properly.

It's amazing how the sahabah would even give up things that are halaal for the sake of Allah yet we today are not willing to give up haraam

My Intention was not to attempt to make people give up watching the world cup. It might be haraam, but I don't want to make it sound like I'm an angel, which I am far from being.

All I wanted to say is that we should all know (although we do watch the WC) that it is not exactly halaal, because the players are not covered properly.

For those of us who decide to watch it I say Enjoy it to the fullest, and to those of us who refuse to watch it I say it's a personal decision and Allah knows best, peace.

Assalamu alaikum, JazaakAllahu Khairan Anthony for clearing that up for the brothers. May Allah bless you for your stand, ameen, and as far as the issue at hand, you are right Allah KNOWS BEST.

I just want to add that, I did not say in either of my posts anything about watching world cup is Haraam or Halaal. It's up to individuals what they want to do. Check my posts without being biased and you will see what I was trying to say.

Assalamu alaikum, umAhmad.

Here is an interesting tidbit for you all.. the saudi players goal keeper wears a full lenght track pants and the players themselves wear somewhat longer shorts than the others..

Today i was watching the saudi-tunisia game and the difference in shorts lenght was obvious!

Asalaamu alaykum... i think its good that antony put up this thread.. i mean i watch football myself and well in general when me or my friends learn something new we tell each other.. i mean we may not follow it ourselves but by telling others it encourages ourselves to do it..

we shouldnt be selfish with our knowledge..

Jazaka'Allah Antony!

Br. anthony's intention was a good one, and masha'Allah he is doing good for a new Muslim. BaarakAllah feek bro.

As for the argument at hand, I understand your point, but you need to be careful when you say 'football' is haraam. The game is not haraam. You mean the whole 'awrah thing.

Well bro, as Muslim women, we should lower our gaze whenever we do see any 'awrah of a male, but I believe on TV it is not always clear, because the players move around, and the camera isn't focusing on certain body parts, so it's easy to avoid looking at the thighs.

Also, consider bro, it's the same as living in a non-Muslim country- you see women walking about everywhere without hijaab, and with a lot of their 'awrah showing. Does that mean you have to go walking around with your head lowered wherever you go?

I understand that this is a sort of different situation, but it all depends on the circumstances etc.

And verily, Allah does know best.

But baarakAllah feek for trying your best to be a better Muslim bro :D. May Allah reward you.

And may He guide us all.

:D muslimah4life.

okay.....there are some muslim players...but u cant look at them then?

the PE teachers in my school go round wearing shorts everywhere

u saying i cant go to school?

when u go into town u see a women wearing a skirt

im not gonna be lloking at the womens legs in the first place....infact im not even gonna look at her at all....not even her ugly face cos if shes wearing a skirt...doubt shes covered her hair

are u saying we cant go to town??

i intend to watch a decent game of football with skills and some quality goals...and i know for sure siraj abu bakr is the same

i dont watch a game of football to look at mens thighs.....

but anyway... :D anthony and umahmed...your words will not go to waste....ill make sure i wont look at other mens things again :D

Assalamu Alaikum, Abu Ubaydah, I did not say you have to stop going anywhere, I said if you are in a situation where you cannot help then you should protect your gaze by lowering them, or taking a different direction. What to talk about people not covering their Awrah, It does'nt even feel right to stare at people who have their Awrah covered.

Muslimah4life, sorry but YES, if we are in a situation where there are Men or Women around us whose Awrah is exposed, then we should lower our head and walk around, I know people who do and I do too. Does not mean that you you cannot go about your business, you can you just have to be careful.

Here is an interesting tidbit for you all.. the saudi players goal keeper wears a full lenght track pants and the players themselves wear somewhat longer shorts than the others..

Today I was watching the saudi-tunisia game and the difference in shorts lenght was obvious!

JazaakAllah Hasib, Alhamdulillah it's good that they are following the requirements of covering their Awrah. I hope they win, but even if they don't it's not a big loss, right?

Assalamu alaikum, umAhmad.

I hope they win, but even if they don't it's not a big loss, right?
Saudi are an above average team by international standards coming in at 34 or something out of 200 something many countries. But they are expected to make it to the next round and perhaps a round after that.. but thats it!

Well of course you have to go to school, because it is something that is necessary and you are living in a non-Muslim country brother.

But, you have a choice to watch the World Cup, where men have their awrah uncovered.

I will however, retract my statement of it being Haraam. I want to get a specific fatwa before I say such a thing. Somewhere along the lines as, "Watching soccer where the men uncover their awrah is haraam."

I think, neither of the two brothers (Anthony and Sallahudeen) had the intention of discussing the impermissiblity of playing football. Rather, they were questioning the permissiblity of what takes place in the World Cup in the name of football.

Honestly, who's going to deny the haram elements present - especially the uncovered awrah? There are things we do that give us rewards and sins at the same time, such as praying Salaah with pants below ankle. But watching the world cup doesn't really bring any rewards to make up for the sins accumulated from its impermissible aspects. So it's not worth a Muslim's time. And Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala knows best.

Asslamu alaykum

Brother anthony started up with a wonderful topic but i think i cant say anything more than what my brothers and sisters posted already.

hmm if im not mistaken i do remember when i deleted all the musics from my pc and remove the musical hope completely from my mind, even today some of my old friends ask if i will hip-hop again, i just smile answer them will be doing Insallah afterlife .

now i think i should start dreaming to be a ronaldo in the hereafter too :D . ok i will be playing good games there Insallah. :D

i would like to ask my dear brothers and sisters what should we do then for entertainment? what type of entertainment we should have for alternative? well off course some will abandon upon hearing somethings haram. Masallah i admire these types Iman but i just wanted to know are there any alternatives?

May Allah forgive me if im wrong anywhere

wassalam

Edited by Risalat

what should we do then for entertainment?

Among other things, you can :D play soccer with knee covered. No problem then.

Assalamu alaykum

Jazakllah khair my brother in Islam for your kind reply. :D

wassalam

RELATED THREAD

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=30474&hl="]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=30474&hl=[/url]

fOOTBALL IS A RELIGION.........

a religion would be to worship it..i dont worship it

me and siraj are the biggest football fans on the forum probly.

and im just asking is this directed to us?

cos i defo dont worship football

ive missed a few wordl cup games cos of revision...

its no my religion, just a hobby, something to do coz i have a pretty boring life.....

a religion would be to worship it..i dont worship it

me and siraj are the biggest football fans on the forum probly.

and im just asking is this directed to us?

cos i defo dont worship football

ive missed a few wordl cup games cos of revision...

its no my religion, just a hobby, something to do coz i have a pretty boring life.....

Couldn't have put it any better

Saying it's a religion is taking it too far. I love reading, I really enjoy forumming, does that mean I am worshipping both activities?

About the men's 'awrah- I guess it is better to be safe than sorry, but you don't just go ahead and ban it all for that reason. During the match, the filming is going on high above the players. There's the occasional moments when you see the players up close, and at those moments you can lower your gaze or look away.

Sr. umAhmad, I know you should lower your gaze in non-Muslim countries in order not to see the haraam, but it's impossible for you to avoid seeing everything.

Of course, I know football is a diffferent issue, because it's not impossible to stop watching it. But like I said above.

I know there is every chance I could be wrong, I am not knowledgable in deen like the next scholar.

Allahu a'lam.