Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hasib

muslim nations out :(..

:D

I can't belive Iran lost again.. boo!!

0-2 against portugal.. if they keep this up they will be early round exists very soon!!

PropellerAds

There all ready out, theres no way they can make 2nd place.

GROUP D TABLE

P GD PTS

1 Portugal 2 3 6

2 Mexico 2 2 4

3 Angola 2 -1 1

4 Iran 2 -4 0

Hmm league table refuses to display they way i set it up.

Edited by Anon

man all the muslim nations are out :D..

saudi, tunisia, iran :D..

Are ibrahimovic and Zidane muslims??

I'm hearing various rumours bout them..

Are there any musilms left in the games now??

:D/Peace to all,

Big deal
i'd like to see a muslim nation hoist the cup some day :D..
, just support the country you live in instead.
nah..

:D /Peace to all,

i'd like to see a muslim nation hoist the cup some day :D ..

nah..

Assalam Alaikum

Brother Hasib, I liked the way you gave the reply... nah..

I liked the spirit :D

Assalam Alaikum

Brother Hasib, I liked the way you gave the reply... nah..

I liked the spirit :D

Can somebody explain to me why you shouldn't support the country you live in?

If the country from which your family migrated from was in the tournament i could understand having split loyalties. However, to flat out refuse to support the country that provides you with a home is just stupid.

Why live in a country you have so little regard for?

Why expect anything but contempt from those that consider this country their home?

Is it any wonder muslims are considered alien, and unwelcome?

Ask Scots why they don't support England - even those living south of the border.

Besides, England fans don't get beaten up in Muslim countries!

A Muslim country would never host the world cup, as they'd need to legalise alcohol first!

Ask Scots why they don't support England - even those living south of the border.

I can understand Scots not supporting England, but those living south of the border should be ashamed of their hypocrisy.

There are some people born and raised in this country that support anybody but England. I enjoy seeing these people alienated. It may sound perverse, but it's VERY funny.

Besides, England fans don't get beaten up in Muslim countries!

Been to Turkey recently?

Thankfully there are only a handful of muslim countries that would face England on a competetive basis, and even then it'll most likely be at a neutral venue.

Besides, the english have their own domestic muslim menace.

However, to flat out refuse to support the country that provides you with a home is just stupid.
its just soccer jeez! :D i dont even know if canada has a fifa calibre team and united states imo is over rated; they got beat by a unknown team! i'm both american/canadian but if canada were in fifa games i'd support them!

A Muslim country would never host the world cup, as they'd need to legalise alcohol first!
In some decades, saudi will be good enough to compete at elite level soccer, i'm sure :D, and some day they will win the tournament too! But i dont understand what you mean by legalizing alcohol for hoisting the cup!

update: i mean hoist not host.. possibly you missed the i hehe?? :D

Can somebody explain to me why you shouldn't support the country you live in?

No one said they won't; this is about that beautiful word .."choice" :D

However, to flat out refuse to support the country that provides you with a home is just stupid.

Like Hasib said, its just "soccor"; a game okay?

How is it "stupid"? Are there negative implications for doing such? Hmm , I dont recall it being said anywhere, that this is to be done as part of living here.

Why live in a country you have so little regard for?

Oh yes and by not supporting them in a game, it sgnifies our alleged deep rooted animosity?

Are you seriously suggesting that ALL natives of country X, only support that country? What about countries that aren't even in the World Cup ? I suppose people from those countries can't support the other nations taking part, because that would show how much they hold their own country in such disregard?!

Why expect anything but contempt from those that consider this country their home?

Oh okay, so thats a tip/lesson for those who do this ( support the country you live in, in a game and the racist yobs who have nothing better to do, but to hate anyway; will finally treat you with respect.)

Interesting chain of thought that is.

Note: underlying message there was about people-pleasing.. :D

Is it any wonder muslims are considered alien, and unwelcome?

Playing the Musilm card again? LOL lets not generalize and think that this is a Muslim trait we are discussing here.

Try reading the various threads on the World Cup, and when you do, Truth Onion, you'll see that there are members from England that support England, as there are other members who support countries that they do not live in. Why??? NOT becuase they hate their own country or have "little regard " for it; but because, believe it or that person feels that another country has a good chance of winning. :D

The country in question isn't going to lose on account of one less person supporting them, in fact since when does supporting a country in something as trivial as a match, bring about fruitful results? Lets be honest here, this is about showing nationalism; and theres no place in Islam for such.

I thought games were meant to be fun??! .I'm aware that sometiines it feels like we live in Orwell's 1984, but my goodness, i didn't think that others should have a say in whom i choose or don't choose to support in a game.

Edited by ~mehnaz~

Assalam Alaikum

Yah! it can be.. As for the ppl from those countries where Alcohol is legal & they are habitual of Alcohol.

And I don't think tht Saudi will ever allow alcohol :D

I can understand Scots not supporting England, but those living south of the border should be ashamed of their hypocrisy.

Onion, I think its safe to say you need to look up the word "hypocrisy".

Example: If someone is living in Manchester, and is supporting Birmingham City FC, does that make them a "hypocrite"?

Again, there's no need to get distressed because THIS game involves countries (implying politics?!)...its the same difference, really.

Assalam Alaikum

I don't think tht Saudi will ever allow alcohol

:D brother.

:D for that and :D it wont ever be allowed.

Edited by ~mehnaz~

:D brother.

:D for that and :D it wont ever be allowed.

Assalam Alaikum

Jazaak Allah khair.. May Allah (SWT) give us taufeeq to understand the Quran & Sunnah.. Ameen.. Ameen

Mehnaz, that was a complete load of tosh!!

Why were british muslims supporting Iran, Saudi and even Tunisia?

Is it because these muslims live there, or maybe it's because these teams have a fantastic chance of lifting the trophy?

It's because they are muslims!! They have an affinity that goes above and beyond a game. So don't give me all this "it's just soccer" nonsense.

How would a Pakistani muslim be treated if he supported India in the cricket world cup?

Or a Chechan supporting Russia, or a Saudi supporting israel, or heaven forbid a Mackem supporting the Geordies!!

England will play israel in the Euro qualifiers. Who will British muslims support on that day?

As for the word "Hypocrisy", i'm quite aware of it's meaning, and am happy to use it in the context i did.

You can live in Manchester and Support Birmingham FC. However if your love for Birmingham FC extends beyond simple rivalry with Man Utd/City, and into actual loathing for the City of Manchester and it's people/culture and traditions, and you consider those you live and work amongst as inferior, yet remain resident in the city, you are a HYPOCRITE.

Even rats leave what they consider to be a sinking ship.

I, British Muslim, would support ANY team against ENGLAND, as I REALLY hate England football team, my reason is purely because of the fans!

I, British Muslim, would support ANY team against ENGLAND, as I REALLY hate England football team, my reason is purely because of the fans!

Thank you for your honesty.

I can completely understand and sympathise with your reasoning.

It echoes my attitude toward Islam, in a nutshell.

I can't bring myself to show an ounce of sympathy towards ANY muslims involved in ANY conflict ANYwhere in the world. My reason is purely because of the fans!

The difference being that i have not chosen to live in a muslim country. My standpoint is consistent throughout.

I can't wait for the England-israel game. I hope you live up to your opening line!!