Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
M. Siddiqi

Which Country Would You Recommend?

Which Country Would You Recommend?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which Country Would You Recommend?

• Morocco
    • Libya
    • Mauritania
    • Egypt
    • Nigeria

I am considering moving overseas but have not decided on which country. Some very important factors in choosing my destination are:

1. availability of jobs

2. economy

3. what the Muslims are like in the area (meaning are they good practicing Muslims or simply Muslims by name)

4. number of masajid in the area (there should be alot)

5. cost of everyday living (apartment, food, transportation, etc)

Please vote in the poll and add any extra comments you have on the forum.

If a large number of people can provide this information, it would be much appreciated. JazakAllah khair.

PropellerAds

:D Brother,

I come from Syria which isn't one of the choices (I think I know why.) So I really have no experience in any other Middle Eastern countries...I won't bother voting because it would be in vain.

And even if you get a lot of replies insha'Allah still make Salat Istikhara, and may Allah guide you to make the right decision! Aameen.

:D

Edited by Haqqul_Yaqeen

Out of what you have, I'm not choosing Libya because my dad was born there, but because I know that it is a pretty nice place. And a good one to consider, Allahu alam.

Honestly I dont know what the availability of jobs is like there.

Any Muslim country you will go to you will find some practicing and some only Muslim by name. Alhamdulillah many of the people I met there were good, however I do know of quite a bit who arent practicing :D

There are mesjids everywhere masha'Allah. While we were there, my bros always walked to the mesjids!

I think cost of everyday living is pretty inexpensive (and no taxes :D or bills (for water, gas, electricity) ... actually my uncle said 1 or every couple of years a guy comes around to collect some money for the water/gas but very little subhana'Allah)

I dont know anything about Mauritania or Nigeria. They could be better places Allahu alam.

Morocco ... I think it is quite westernized there. (?)

Egypt is nice but I think also more westernized. I guess since Libya had the American sanctions on them for so long, it is what someone would say more "behind" the other nations, but personally I think that is good in the way that it is. (However now that they are lifted, I dont know how long that will last)

But Allahu alam.

May you make the best choice and may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon the prophet Muhammed and his family! ameen

Well from what I found on Wikipedia, the Islam in Mauritania doesn't seem that good, with a lot of sectarianism, absorbtion of Kufr beliefs into Islam, and relaxation on emphasis on the Here-after. But I have also heard a lot of good things about Mauritania, especially relating to scholarship.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/Islam_in_Mauritania"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/Islam_in_Mauritania[/url]

I would not go for Nigeria because of instability.

For me, the best bet would probably be Libya, because Egypt (Cairo) is crowded.

JazakAllah for your responses so far. I just want to add another thing. In Libya I would be going to Tripoli, Kano in Nigeria, Cairo in Egypt, and I don't know about the others but most likely the capitals.

Out of what you have, I'm not choosing Libya because my dad was born there, but because I know that it is a pretty nice place. And a good one to consider, Allahu alam.

Honestly I dont know what the availability of jobs is like there.

Any Muslim country you will go to you will find some practicing and some only Muslim by name. Alhamdulillah many of the people I met there were good, however I do know of quite a bit who arent practicing :D

There are mesjids everywhere masha'Allah. While we were there, my bros always walked to the mesjids!

I think cost of everyday living is pretty inexpensive (and no taxes :D or bills (for water, gas, electricity) ... actually my uncle said 1 or every couple of years a guy comes around to collect some money for the water/gas but very little subhana'Allah)

I dont know anything about Mauritania or Nigeria. They could be better places Allahu alam.

Morocco ... I think it is quite westernized there. (?)

Egypt is nice but I think also more westernized. I guess since Libya had the American sanctions on them for so long, it is what someone would say more "behind" the other nations, but personally I think that is good in the way that it is. (However now that they are lifted, I dont know how long that will last)

But Allahu alam.

May you make the best choice and may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon the prophet Muhammed and his family! ameen

When your talking about Libya, are you talking about Tripoli or some other city?

1. availability of jobs

2. economy

3. what the Muslims are like in the area (meaning are they good practicing Muslims or simply Muslims by name)

4. number of masajid in the area (there should be alot)

5. cost of everyday living (apartment, food, transportation, etc)

Assalam Alaikum

Dubai is the best at the moment but only there is a problem with 5th Option tht u mentioned here - ONLY APARTMENT problem, as Transportation & Food is Cheap.. else Dubai is good for living.

Secondly, I think u should put more countries on the list..

Jazaak Allah Khair

Sister Haqul Yaqeen what is Syria like. How Islamic is it? What are the ppl like, is it a good Islamic environment etc.

:D/Peace To All

Taking your criteria into consideration, I think Egypt sounds like the more appropriate for your needs...

Secondly, I think u should put more countries on the list..

Jazaak Allah Khair

I might add more later but these are the only countries that I am considering relocating to at this point.

:D/Peace To All

Taking your criteria into consideration, I think Egypt sounds like the more appropriate for your needs...

I have heard many good things from people that have been to Cairo, Egypt. Even if I don't live there for a long period, I definitely intend to visit there, insha' Allah.

Have you been to Cairo? If so, tell me about it.

Sister Haqul Yaqeen what is Syria like. How Islamic is it? What are the ppl like, is it a good Islamic environment etc.

:D Sis I was born in Syria but only stayed there for about 6 years and when I was 6 I came here and never once went back. From what I remember though, :D it was nice, there were nice Masjids there, but I don't remember how many there were. Islamic? Well westernization is happening no doubt, and Syria itself is ruled by a tyrant....so to tell you the truth I don't know if I'd call it Islamic. Then again I haven't been there since I was so young so it's probably not my place to speak. But the capital, Damascus, where I was born, is probably the best place to be if you're in Syria. And Aleppo, where my mother comes from, is nice too and is near the capital. But other than that I have no recent experience in the country so I will say no more. :D

When your talking about Libya, are you talking about Tripoli or some other city?

Well my point of view is coming from Zawia which is right beside Tripoli (20 minutes or so Allahu alam) I know even that can make a difference in the way things are (since Zawia is like the suburbs and Tripolis the city) but I have been there and masha'Allah it's nice (however it is more (sorry for keep using this word) but "westernized" than the suburb areas.)

Libya has garbage (like trash on the ground) everywhere... Cairo has MORE! And as Sallahudeen said, it is less crowded.

salaam br. m. siddiqi, if you don't mind, may i ask you which is your native country and why you are considering moving out? because sometimes people consider moving out of their own country like from england after 7/7 or the US after 9/11 although there is more baraka and courage in staying and fighting for their rights.

peace.

I live in the U.S. I have many reasons why I want to move overseas but waalahi none of them have to do with lack of courage or fear of being in Amerika for any reason. But that has nothing to do with this topic so let's get back on track.

I live in the U.S. I have many reasons why I want to move overseas but...........
perhaps your neighbour to the north?? :D..

Assalaamu 'alaikum,

I believe Hasib is talking about Canada, aka Mountyland. :D

Wassalaam.

There is someting that you missed here, 1st, what is your nationality becouse it affects you when you want to get a visa and 2nd, first check out if you are actually allowed to live and work there by law. The brother that recommended Libiya so earnestly has forgotten to mention that it is difficult geting a visa to enter, not to mention getting a job and residence visa that allows you to stay there!

Up to my understanding, if you are not Egyptian; not working with an embassy of your country; and not working with the United Nations, you will probably not be permitted to work in Egypt. The same goes to Morrocco. I dont know about Nigiria and Moritania, but I have never really heard that they have good job market there, but then again, I may be wrong.

I didnt vote for any becouse of this - I would have voted Egypt but from what I see, Egyptians are looking for jobs outside Egypt, which indicates that they have a hard time finding jobs themselves so how would a forigner be able to find one?

There is someting that you missed here, 1st, what is your nationality becouse it affects you when you want to get a visa and 2nd, first check out if you are actually allowed to live and work there by law. The brother that recommended Libiya so earnestly has forgotten to mention that it is difficult geting a visa to enter, not to mention getting a job and residence visa that allows you to stay there!

Up to my understanding, if you are not Egyptian; not working with an embassy of your country; and not working with the United Nations, you will probably not be permitted to work in Egypt. The same goes to Morrocco. I dont know about Nigiria and Moritania, but I have never really heard that they have good job market there, but then again, I may be wrong.

I didnt vote for any becouse of this - I would have voted Egypt but from what I see, Egyptians are looking for jobs outside Egypt, which indicates that they have a hard time finding jobs themselves so how would a forigner be able to find one?

You have made very good points. I too have heard that Egyptains cannot find jobs in Egypt. Many Egyptians now seek work in other countries. I do not know about Morocco, but I am less inclined to go there to permanently live because of their very close relations with western governments.

I have not heard anything and do not now anything about how hard it is to get a visa to Libya. I do know that the job market and general economy there is pretty good, one of the best in Afrika. How can I find out about the eligitability of a foreigner getting a visa to Libya?

To answer your question- I was born in the U.S.

Please keep sharing your opinions with me, everybody. Please specify your reason for voting a country and if you haven't voted, please do. Shukron.

:sl:

I would recommend doing istikhara as well as joining the yahoo group called Muhaajir.

:sl: