Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hasib

Whats This Religion?

:D

Everyday somehow, somewhere, something muslim/Islam related is in the news across the world. Either good or bad but its there. Its gotten to the point that most people have heard something about Islam good or bad but they have heard something about Islam. Everyone has their theories: here is mine.

On Day of Judgement, when non muslims will be asked why they did not revert atleast now they cannot say they didnt hear of it as its continuously in the news, newspapers, radio, internet, magazines etc.. and especially in america, everyone knows of Islam either good or bad.

Today in the office they were talking about the 4 wives thing and wanted my "input".. I tried to present to them a good reply as much as I knew.. oh well its dawah too B)! Anyways thats my theory.. any input??

PropellerAds

:D Assalam Alaikum

Brother, Allah (SWT) is so Ar-rahim & Ar-rahman tht we can't even imagine of tht.

Thts why Allah (SWT) by his will, he is spreading the news of Islam because he doesn't wants tht people on Day of Judgement should say tht they didn't heard of Islam. Infact, indirectly or directly he - Allah (SWT) himself is spreading the Message of Islam- which we muslims have forgotten to spread it.. In below mentioned Surah its clearly mentioned about the punishment for the Muslims, those who doesn't go on the Path of Allah & deliver his message.

Surah: Surah At-Taubah (The Repentance)

38. O you who believe! What is the matter with you, that when you are asked to march forth in the Cause of Allâh (i.e. Jihâd) you cling heavily to the earth? Are you pleased with the life of this world rather than the Hereafter? But little is the enjoyment of the life of this world as compared with the Hereafter.

39. If you march not forth, He will punish you with a painful torment and will replace you by another people, and you cannot harm Him at all, and Allâh is Able to do all things.

May Allah (SWT) give us taufeeq to understand the Quran & Sunnah..

GOD BLESS US ALL

Edited by subhaanallaah

No more input from anyone :D??

I think that it is very astute of you to raise this point. Especially in the era that we now live, we as muslims have to look beyond just the 'exposure' that our religion and us, as adherents are getting. Let me explain, inshaAllah.

No-one can deny that throughout what is deemed as the 'Western World' Islam is no longer an alien word. When people hear Islam nowadays, be it for good or bad reasons, their ears prick up and they can't help but be interested. This has certainly been my experience recently.

However, whilst we can safely assume that the media is giving Muslims and Islam a great deal of exposure, we need to focus on how we as muslims are dealing with this sudden interest in our way of life at the grass roots level.

Whilst we are all to quick to jump to protest when the negative press is rolling in, we have to question somewhat, what is it that we are doing in our communities to fight the prejudices and breakdown the stereotypes?

Subhanallah all that is required from us is to take one look at the Prophetic example. Even a smile is charity. Yet how many of us get up in the morning, leave the house without even a nod of acknowledgement to our neighbours, go about our daily business, return home and lock ourselves away. Whilst a life of seclusion can seem a way of protecting ourselves and becomes quite tempting at times, it is perhaps those that quietly work to make a difference in their communities that will raise our Ummah from the lows we have reached.

Personally I find that when the focus is on Islam as a religion, I feel at ease, because I know that anyone who picks up a quran and truly reflects on the word of Allah can have their heart captured by its infinite wisdom and beauty. What does worry me is the fact that not just in the media, but in every day life, we muslims are not living upto the great ideals of our privileged way of life.

So the advice I would give to myself in particular, and any ears that happen to be listening in, is to engage your community, be open-hearted, be kind, be truthful, embody the Sunna in all that you do, and show people the true character of a Muslim. We were sent as khulafa, ambassadors of the message, we have to ask ourselves, are we doing it justice?

I pray that Allah opens the hearts of the non-muslims so that they are able to comprehend the true essense of His way. I pray that He :D guides us all and gives us the knowledge and wisdom to follow the deen in the true spirit it was meant, as it is only through being souls who strive for perfection that we will radiate the beauty of our Message onto those in the path of darkness.

As the blessed companion of our Prophet :D Ali (may Allah be pleased with him) said: Meet people in such a manner that if you die, they should weep for you, and if you live, they should long for you.

As the blessed companion of our Prophet :D Ali (may Allah be pleased with him) said: Meet people in such a manner that if you die, they should weep for you, and if you live, they should long for you.
Assalam Alaikum

Mashah Allah.. Nice Hadeeth & wonderful review on this topic :D

May Allah (SWT) reward you .. ameen

Jazaakum Allahu khayr for your insight brother Hasib. But you know it is also our responsibility and obligation to convey the message in its truth. Yes people do KNOW about Islam which means that they can find out more. For this reason, they have the responsibility of researching it before they judge it.

But WE have an obligation to spread the true message. Otherwise, where will they find out the truth? The Qur'aan is the light at the end of the tunnel, but WE are the tunnel and the transportation.

So yes, non-Muslims cannot say they haven't heard about Islam. But they CAN say that we did not help them obtain the correct information about Islam. They CAN say that they did not revert because of that reason. They CAN say that if only WE took initiative, and if only WE took the first step, then they would have reverted.

Let's not forget that.

Salaams

Worry not my comrades at the I.F, If the big guys asks me, I will not sell any of you guys out

(well maybe a couple of u :D)...but I was wondering..Why would we get interrogated at Judgment day when Allah already knows what we are going to say and if that indeed is true.

wait......ok scratch that .....here's the thing.

People don't know about the right path..so when they ask or are told (dawa)

Here are the possible outcomes of what may happen.

1.They understand what they are told (about Islam) and agree with it So...

a. they listen--> go to heaven

b.They donlt listen---> go to hell

OR

2.They do not understand (Islam)SO

a. they don't keep trying--->go to hell

b. they keep trying and finally get it----> heaven

c. they keep trying and still don't get it ---->??

I think 2c applies to me .. :D ..now what :D ?

peace

Peace

Nice review.. llogical :D

First I have to apologize to Hasib for a quick divergence of the topic. But inshaa'Allah we'll split this topic if the following answer I give to llogical isn't enough.

Ok llogical,

I can't give you a clear-cut answer, but what I can tell you is that Paradise isn't cheap. You need to work for it. Being Muslim and being non Muslim are not the same, which means that the final destination of these two kinds of people are not the same. There are "requirements" so to speak you need in order to enter Paradise. Yet Allah is the Best Judge. Believe in Him at least. Just believe in Him and make an effort is all He asks. He wants you to try. It shows that you care.

Plus, I think the following verse applies:

"And whoever leaves his house migrating to Allah and His Messenger, and then death overtakes him, his reward is, indeed, with Allah." [surah an-Nisaa', Verse 100]

(Even if you haven't reached your destination.)

Also, the last verse of Surat al-Ankaboot:

"And those who strive in Our (cause),- We will certainly guide them to our Paths: For verily Allah is with those who do right."

I believe this verse indicates that you must be sincere, and you must make an effort as the two conditions to be guided. And Allah knows best.

I'm curious, you're still not sure if Allah exists, llogical?

Assalam Alaikum

Jazaak Allah Khair sister HY for your review ^ ^

It is indeed, should clear llogical's doubts..

Salaams

It is indeed, should clear llogical's doubts..

thanks Bro.....but

if only it were that simple... :D

You see...

This Doubt is like a cancer for taqwa...It can only clear when there is

proof....and Proof can only exist when there is no doubt...what a predicament...

meanwhile, Satan is making an omlet out of my brain...

leave me alone Satan...LEAVE ME ALONE :D

that should stabilized the selfneed for dramatic element :D

Given that it's not the first time I barged in on his Blog

I'm SUre that Bro Hasib wouldn't mind ( I hope :D )

So ....

Ok llogical,

I can't give you a clear-cut answer, but what I can tell you is that Paradise isn't cheap. You need to work for it. Being Muslim and being non Muslim are not the same, which means that the final destination of these two kinds of people are not the same. There are "requirements" so to speak you need in order to enter Paradise. Yet Allah is the Best Judge. Believe in Him at least. Just believe in Him and make an effort is all He asks. He wants you to try. It shows that you care.

Hope instead of a clear cut answer?...I'm still thankful :D

So let's go on with the metaphor...

Paradise isn't cheap, and I am broke..since I don't have the ciurrency needed ( sawab)

There is no place in between heaven and hell..it's either all or nothing....what do I do?

Unless there is scholarship for stupid or sarcastic people, I'll need fireproof clothing.

"And whoever leaves his house migrating to Allah and His Messenger, and then death overtakes him, his reward is, indeed, with Allah." [surah an-Nisaa', Verse 100]

I guess all I need is Perseverance?...but ofcource .....why else would llogical carry his laptop around all day logging in to IF when he can? Besides if you are not tired explaining, then I owe to continue seeking :D..

"And those who strive in Our (cause),- We will certainly guide them to our Paths: For verily Allah is with those who do right."

I believe this verse indicates that you must be sincere, and you must make an effort as the two conditions to be guided. And Allah knows best.

But when? how much seeking is sufficient? I know of people that have spent their life's worth seeking something and yet failing...Time is the essance here...how can I convince myself that I'm not chasing after an illusion for long?

I'm curious, you're still not sure if Allah exists, llogical?

Nope :D ..in my defense...the stupid function thing I made is still up in the air :D

I guess I didn't articulate it right :D

You did point out the only logical way out ( that I know of) :D but that

leads into the benevolence conflict ( because if god wants us to choose then he is not good bcaz he gave us an option to hurt ourself....etc)

Anywho....the verses u point out do make sense.

But then there are others which say that nonbelievers

can only go to hell....and others that say it's up

to Allah...I'm dazed.

Peace

Good job going on. Keep it up.

Jazaak Allah Khair sister HY for your review ^ ^

This Doubt is like a cancer for taqwa...It can only clear when there is proof.. and Proof can only exist when there is no doubt
Peace

If you talking about PROOF.. thn I should say tht Proof will be given by our Lord soon.. Remember "Every Soul Will Taste Death - Surah Al-Ankaboot: Verse 57"

May Allah (SWT) guide you on the right path.. ameen

If you talking about PROOF.. thn I should say tht Proof will be given by our Lord soon.. Remember "Every Soul Will Taste Death - Surah Al-Ankaboot: Verse 57"

So in order to figure out how the truth about life, I must first die? :D..Ironic indeed.

Plus...I was kinda hoping for an alternate arrangement. :D

May Allah (SWT) guide you on the right path.. ameen

sum ameen :D

Assalam Alaikum

^ ^ ^ ^ :D :D :D

lols..

...c. they keep trying and still don't get it ---->??[/i]

I think 2c applies to me .. :D ..now what :D ?

peace

In my experience, inadequate though it may be, if you are sincerely looking for the right path or the truth, and keep trying, you will find it, beyond any doubt. There will be obstacles along the way, sometimes caused by our own inadequacies and way of looking at things, but sincerity tends to neutralise such obstacles...It all depends on what you are really looking for.

Salaams

In my experience, inadequate though it may be, if you are sincerely looking for the right path or the truth, and keep trying, you will find it, beyond any doubt. There will be obstacles along the way, sometimes caused by our own inadequacies and way of looking at things, but sincerity tends to neutralise such obstacles...It all depends on what you are really looking for.

Thanks for the brochure answer :D

So the diagnosis is clear, what's the fix? :D

peace

Assalamu alaikum BROTHER LLOGICAL, Okay, I read this thread completely for the first time, I don't know how I could have missed it, OKAY I AM SURE THERE WAS GOODNESS IN MY MISSING IT ALL THIS TIME, It was because of the Will of Allah.

Anyways, I have come to one conclusion and I am going to stick by it no matter what. I think there is more to llogical than what he presents to all. Few months ago someone told me it is not right to call you brother because you are not a Muslim. I replied to that person, "it's not your problem, don't judge anyone, and If I want to call him Brother I will" (hence the brother in Bold). That person got the message so never got back, Alhamdulillah.

I know this is off topic, but I had to add that there. I am still trying to figure out, a logical way to break up some barriers here. may Allah help me, ameen.

Assalamu alaikum, umAhmad.

Anyways, I have come to one conclusion and I am going to stick by it no matter what. I think there is more to llogical than what he presents to all.

hmm...I wonder What you meanby that? bcaz it's perhaps hard to believe but I maybe as dumb as I sound, or maybe I am too dumb to know that I am NOT dumb :D ...brain cramp, brain cramp. :D

Few months ago someone told me it is not right to call you brother because you are not a Muslim. I replied to that person, "it's not your problem, don't judge anyone, and If I want to call him Brother I will" (hence the brother in Bold). That person got the message so never got back, Alhamdulillah.

I think that your kind heartedness is clouding your better judgment..Just kididng :D

and Wow...I am touched :D (really)

I agree with you, It's like saying that All muslims are good people but all good people aren't necessarily muslim.

Anywho, if you find a logical way to break down somthing for me, I'll be all eyes.

Peace :D

A bit late, but the argument of wether Allah, or God pehaps exist or doesnt is pretty easy if you enter it from the right angle. The first issue is to analyse history, all the prophets perhaps? but a better one analyse the Quran and think if it was possible for an illeterate man to understand all the facts that are present in the Quran. Better then all those approach it in a sceintific matter i will start off with a link, (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamicity(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Science/dayjudge.shtml"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamicity(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Science/dayjudge.shtml[/url]

Assalamu alaikum, I found this story in The Children's Stories Section of a site, (check Link below) thought it was relevent to this Thread. Made sense to me, I don't know about others, what do you think Br. llogical ??? Not that I think any of you are little kids, but none the less we are infants as far as the knowledge of Islam is concerned, atlease I am. Salaams and duaas, umAhmad.

Is there a God?

Once upon a time there was a king and he was a wise man too. In his kingdom used to live many other wise men. Now some of these would not agree to believe that God did exist, while others not only agreed but argued to the satisfaction of the King that there was 'God'. The King, being a wise man, arranged for a discussion.

The date and time for discussion was fixed. The king held his court at the appointed time on the appointed date. The non-believers assembled in his presence but the believing wise man did not come at the appointed time

The people waited and waited till they lost their patience and uttered the words: "He has no arguments to advance in support of his conviction, so he will not come. He has lost, we have won."

At last, the wise man arrived and there was an uproar in the court of the king. The people cried: "Why are you late? You have lost".

The king asked him to explain the cause of his delay. The believing wise man explained, saying: "I started from my home in time, but when I came by the side of the river which I had to cross before reaching here, I did not find a single boat, by which I could cross and reach the opposite bank".

Upto this point the disbelieving men heard him patiently and did not say a single word. The believing man then continued:

"I waited and waited till at last I saw some planks of wood coming out of the river".

And the unbelieving men began to shout "O, It is a lie. It is unbelievable. It is unthinkable".

Continued the believing wise man: "Plank by plank came out of the river and then I saw the planks were cut to proper size and shape and joined to each other with nails by themselves until they formed a boat. And then I took my seat in it and came over to the other bank. I am late because of the delay in the availability of the boat".

Amid a roar of the non-believing men, the believing wise man tried to convince them of the cause of the delay; but the opponents would not believe him. Then he said:

"You do not believe what I say. It appears the story of the boat forming by itself is something impossible for you to believe. Now in the name of justice, I ask you. Do you see the earth, the sun, the moon, the stars and the skies? Every thing is set according to a plan. But you say it came into existence without a Creator. In other words you deny the existence of God. How far is your statement reasonable and justified?

This silenced them all and there was no answer to this. So the non-believers lost and the believer won.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.geocities(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/mutmainaa/kids/story/god.html"]SOURCE:[/url]

Salaams

Don't worry I am like a big kid. Upper 20's, but mauturity got nothing on me . :D

I think some one else posted this one before on the Atheism thread, though I like your choice of words better (it's a bit more chesive).

What I would ask the boat guy then is If things can't exist on their own, and everything and everyone is made by some one else (God), then who made God?

Now the fact that I can say this and not get struck by lightening is encouraging. :D

I guess the boat man will probably say, Please llogical, save your 7 and 1/2 brain cells since

you lack the capacity to understand where God came from.

I will probably say that similarly, we don't know where stuff came from because we lack capacity and "God" is perhaps like a miscellenous category that we use to throw in everything that we don't understand( God of gaps Argument)

I think that this would probably make the boat man bit angry, so I will probably flee since I wouldn't want to pick a fight and made you look bad :D

(even though he started it :D )

peace :D

Edited by llogical

Hi there, You might find it strange, but that reply for some reason brought a smile on my face because judging from your other posts, I expected a similar response from you Br. llogical.

BTW. That video in the HARAM VIDEOS lol,(confusion thread) was the last thing anyone would expect you to post, But I am not surprised you posted it. I wonder how many other similar things are hidden about you, Hmmm. Could we call it a Miracle of Allah.

Anyways, take care, salaams and duaas, umAhmad.

So, what if I believe in God, I don't know him as Allah or refer to him as Allah, but there being one God is probably the same. And I live my life well, I do good etc. The only reason I didn't become a muslim is because noone could "sell" it to me. Can I still go to heaven?

Salaams

Hi there, You might find it strange, but that reply for some reason brought a smile on my face because judging from your other posts, I expected a similar response from you Br. llogical.

I am glad to not disappoint you then :D

And thx for trying to explain stuff ( which is like bumping the head against wall i've been told :D )

And also for "Brother llogical" :D

BTW. That video in the HARAM VIDEOS lol,(confusion thread) was the last thing anyone would expect you to post, But I am not surprised you posted it. I wonder how many other similar things are hidden about you, Hmmm. Could we call it a Miracle of Allah.

Anyways, take care, salaams and duaas, umAhmad.

:D yeah it was misleading bcaz there was no video of Masjid Al-Haram, or Al-Haram but simply haram vidz ..lol

Not sure why my response was unexpected or a miracle though. :D

I mean I try not to hide stuff and be open as possible.

but imagine if I didn't and I was like an Islamic superhero :D

llogical by day and Dawa man by night,is non believer's worst nightmare.

Armed with weapons like the zam zam water double barrel gun, and abilities like

the taqwa optic beam,Dawaman is unstoppable, Unstoppable I tell ya :D

Sorry to get carried away. :D

Peace