Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mohsin_407

Being Called During Your Namaaz

Salaam,

Just a small question 2 ask...if you are reading your salaat and someone calls you whilst you are praying salaat, is it ok to break your prayer in the middle to answer them, or should you carry on with your prayer??

This has happened to me numerous amounts of times and i don't know what to do about it, can someone please provide me with some reference and any advice if you have any.

Jazakullah

Mohsin

PropellerAds

:D brother

You should continue with your Prayer brother and answer them after you have finished. When Praying your prayer you are facing Allah (SWT), and conversing with Him, therefore nothing should interupt this. :D

Im not sure what the rulings are though if say like your house was burning down and you were Praying, would you then break your prayer and run? :D There must be some Hadiths written about this, but Im not sure - please help somebody!!

:D

Oh yeh! And maybe you could tell your family that you are going to Pray now, so they will know not to call out for you unless in an emergency?

If it is a man, he should pronounce tasbeeh (glorifying Allah by saying "subhan Allah"), and if it’s a woman, she should clap. The evidence is Sahl Bin Saad’s narration that the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, "If something bothers you in your salaat, men should make tasbeeh and women should clap."1

From the book What Should You Do in the Following Situations... ?

1 Sunan Abu Dawood 941, Sahih al-Bukhari (Bugha print) 1145, and Sahih Muslim 106.

Islam Q&A

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid (www.Islam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link))

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=8&dgn=4"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=q...owse&QR=8&dgn=4[/url]

Salaam again and Walaykum salaam,

So people are now saying that you should concentrate whilst reading your prayer. What if someone like a family member is in danger, and thier shouting and screaming out your name, they are in agony, what can you do then?? You can't just carry on reading your prayer if someone sounds as though they are in pain?? :D

Wouldn't Allah (swt) allow you to go and help your family member if you broke your prayer??

Someone help please :D

By the way jazakullah Shiningstar for the hadith you posted, i'll check it up on the website you gave as well, jazakullah again :D

Mohsin

Salaam again and Walaykum salaam,

So people are now saying that you should concentrate whilst reading your prayer. What if someone like a family member is in danger, and thier shouting and screaming out your name, they are in agony, what can you do then?? You can't just carry on reading your prayer if someone sounds as though they are in pain?? :D

Wouldn't Allah (swt) allow you to go and help your family member if you broke your prayer??

Someone help please :D

By the way jazakullah Shiningstar for the hadith you posted, i'll check it up on the website you gave as well, jazakullah again :D

Mohsin

:D lol if there is an emergency break your salah. you can make it up later insh'Allah.

Islam Q&A

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid (www.Islam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link))

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=8&dgn=4"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=q...owse&QR=8&dgn=4[/url]

Assalam Alaikum

Jazaak Allah Khair for sharing this.

Assalamu Alaikum, Yes Br. alameen, if there is an emergency, you are allowed to break your Salat and attend th the emergency and redo your Salaat.

When making Salaat specially if we have parents or any elderly people staying with us then it is really a good idea to inform them before making Salaat. If they need something then they know that we cannot go to them.

If we are making Salaat and if someone keeps calling and we feel that it is not an emergency situation, then too it is only right to finish our Salaat fast and go and check on them.

I know some of the sisters and brothers might not agree with me on this, but, if some sister or Brother takes a little child to the Masjid for Jumaa or any other Salaat with jamaat and if that infant started crying, like there is no end (and this happens very often as soon as the Imam says Allahu Akbar, the children start crying and screaming) the whole Jamaat is disturbed, it's not the child's fault at all, he is just scared by the sound of the Loud speaker maybe, or anything else, Specially in Taraweehs when the Imam is trying to concentrate on the recitation of the Quraan it is very disturbing. I would think that it is only right that the parent of the child should take the baby and move from there and go to the back and pacify the child and join the Salaat or make it seperately, so as not to disturb the whole jamaat and be embarrased at the same time.

I have been in this situation twice before, and if this situation rises again I would break my Salaat and take care of the child, then disturb the whole 300+ people praying. Funny thing is, once this happened with my baby , but the other time it was some other lady's baby, the little 1 year old girl was crying an choking and coughing and was about to throw up in the Masjid and the mother was not disturbed at all.

I broke my Salaat and took the baby and ran to the washroom where she threw up all over the floor, my clothes and her clothes. I somehow cleaned up and went to the Back of the ladies section and the mom was still busy with her Salaat. finally when it was over, and I gave her her child instead of thanking me, she was sooooooooo upset with me for breaking my Salaat. At that time I did not know what to tell her, so I just gave her a Look , kissed the baby and left without a word to complete my Salaat.

Sorry for the long story, but when I checked with my elders and scholars, they said, what I did was right, because the Jamaat could be done peacefully and the Masjid was spared from becoming najis with the girls vomit, and the little girl was Alhamdulillah saved from choking. Wallahu alam.

Assalamu alaikum. umAhmad.