Islamic Forum
skibture

If Islam Suddenly Disapeared...

First off I know Islam isn't about to vanish. It's taken over 500 years since the Christian church began to lose power, for it to reach the state of decay its in now.

But, more and more, I wonder: What would the middle east be like if Islam didn't exist.

People wouldnt be able to justify killing thousands of uninvolved people.

Terrorism wouldn't be justified.

Instead of militancy and religion, people would be forced to think of only the world around them, and invariably turn to politics or more constructive things.

It seems that Islam allows people to distort facts so that they can do horrible horrible things. Without the distorition, those things wouldn't happen!

Even this message board, member cite the Koran when justifying the last mass slaying or murder of innocent people. Instead of looking at all the factors, the members automatically jump to the side that seems the most "Islamic." After all, Islam can't be wrong!

It just appears to me, that if people couldn't rely on Islam to justify thier murderous acts, they would have to rely on other, non-violent, logical methods.

What say you?

PropellerAds
But, more and more, I wonder: What would the middle east be like if Islam didn't exist.

Chaotic if Islam just vanished, alot more friendly if it happened over time and was replaced with liberalist ideologies.

People wouldnt be able to justify killing thousands of uninvolved people.

it's called ethnic cleansing, not always religiously based.

Terrorism wouldn't be justified.

um...Islam isn't exactly the source of terrorist mentality.

Instead of militancy and religion, people would be forced to think of only the world around them, and invariably turn to politics or more constructive things.

I agree but I'd scratch politics off as something constructive.

It just appears to me, that if people couldn't rely on Islam to justify thier murderous acts, they would have to rely on other, non-violent, logical methods.

The problem is that most religious ppl require religion to be moral, as the deterence and rewards for good and bad acts are heaven hell etc. The moment the thing that keeps them in line is removed, they are likely to fall into chaotic behaviour.