Islamic Forum
Haafid

How Do You Have Certainty Islam Is The Only Truth

Salaam

For muslims, How can you be so sure that Islam is the correct faith?

PropellerAds

Assalamu Alaikum Br. Haafid, I believe in Allah and so I believe Islam is the Way of life, that is my only reason. I am not going to waste my time trying to figure out why I believe what I believe, instead I will inshaAllah try to spend my time to learn how to become a better Muslim and uphold the commandments of Allah.

Assalamu Alaikum, umAhmad.

:D

Salaam

SubhanAllah...because...one just needs to look around and see all the signs that are clearly evident...

i.e. if this life was the only life (of enjoyment etc)...then whats the point of death, why are people tested etc.....

Salaam.

I believe br. Haafid has asked a valid question, and I'd be lying if I said that I don't ask myself that question sometimes, even though I am a muslim.

In cases like these which alhamdulillah aren't often I tend to have a discussion with myself :D (I assure you I'm not crazy) to remind myself of the truth.

Here's what I think. I believe that in life there is a reason for the existence of each and every single item. A table exists to put items on thereby enabling us to use it during meal times, for studying ...etc. A chair is there for us to sit on, a cup to drink from. Therefore, we ourselves exist for a reason and as all things that we human beings have invented and manufactured we too have a creator, Allah. So what is our reason for existing, it is to worship only God as mentioned through the revelations.

And to answer those who may think our existence is an accident and we just dropped out of the sky - tell me what's an accident in life? An earthquake, a tsunami? Wrong, because these are no accidents, they also occurred because Allah willed.

And, some ppl have asked how can we believe in something we cannot see or hear, well the answer to this is how many things are there in the world that we don't see or hear yet we believe. For example, the air that we breathe in - we're told its oxygen and we have tests to establish its presence, but honestly are we 100% sure about what it is?

So we've established why we have to believe in God despite not seeing him - though He has contacted his servants via prophets and books.

The next question is - why must we pray 5 times a day, wear hijab...etc. Why can't we just believe in Allah's existance and be good human beings with morals and leave it at that. Well, as with all things that exist - each item must fulfill the job they've been invented to do and in our case our job is to worship God. We show our devotion by doing what we have been instructed to do.

Next question is why out of all the religions that send out the same message ' believe in God and do good' is Islam the right religion. Well with good research, history reveals so many errors in these religions - all of which are due to alterations by man or the religion itself is manufactured. The facts stated by them, are either contradicting or confusing - this is a major indicator of the involvement of man.

How about if I ignore all these religions with names - and just be a good human being? Why don't I just have good morals and be nice to all, not kill anyone, backbite and get on with my everyday life peacefully? Well the answer to this is: how far can morals take us and who defines what a good or a bad moral is? I could if I wanted to e.g. say to myself it doesn't matter if I have a relationship with my husband's dad as long as my husband doesn't find out and I won't be causing him any harm. Morally this could be correct for me but for another person incorrect. So who's to decide what is right or wrong as we human beings will always be pushing the boundries and changing rules to meet our needs (as is done with the bible to adjust to modern times).

Allah provides rules for clarity and to draw a line that we mustn't cross - this is in our benefit. As for praying 5 times/day this is to remind ourselves of who we are, to have a meeting with Allah - whereby we can ask for help with anything, increase our iman, relief stress...etc.

As there's a reason for everything, there too is a reason for the instructions sent down by Allah.

Hope that is helpful br. Haafid.

Salaam

:D sisters

Doubts creeps into young people like me but then i see young muslims with strong heart and faith. Why are they like that and why are we like that? I dont read about Islam, i must admit and i commit few sins but i always rely on Allah's mercy.

sister sincere you put it so eloquently. May Allah reward you. You have given me food for thought.

Dear br. Haafid,

To prevent ourselves from asking such questions the only thing we can do is to read a lot so that we may increase our iman as shaytaan is always at work. However, do not be disheartened by all these questions you ask - because I personally believe that questioning is a sign of wanting to seek knowledge and a sign of a great mind.

As to your question on why some people aren't like us - well it could be that they aren't as lazy as us and so read a lot and are keen to research all the doubts that come to mind or like umAhmed accept things for what they are. Perhaps you could try and encourage yourself to listen to Islamic lectures, read more books...etc. In fact I believe by just coming on to this forum and posing this question you've already started your research, so you should congratulate yourself.

As a young person myself and living in this western society where there are so many temptations I can understand where you are coming from. I find that I have to always explain myself when for example, all my uni friends are drinking and I am asked why it is prohibited in Islam, why am I wearing hijab...etc. Even when I do give a valid answer (in my view point) they still do not accept it and even worse it may backfire and I start to ponder whether I'm convinced of what I'm trying to convey.

Salaam.

Assalamu Alaikum, Let me just clear something here, doing something wrong does not mean that we don't believe in Allah. There are quite a few of us who believe in Allah and believe in the Religion of Islam as the way of life, but get involved in wrongdoings, then realise our mistakes, and then ask Allah for forgiveness, that is what faith is, to accept our mistakes and turn towards Allah.

Doubts creeps into young people like me but then i see young muslims with strong heart and faith. Why are they like that and why are we like that? I dont read about Islam, i must admit and i commit few sins but i always rely on Allah's mercy.

There is a Hadeeth which is close to what you have written Br. Haafid, "Faith lies between fear of Allah and Hope in Allah's mercy" (close meaning).

All Muslims believe that Islam is the only right way, and this belief stays in their hearts, even when they are doing something wrong, So even though they might be doing something wrong, their belief is still intact Alhamdulillah.

Assalamu Alaikum, umAhmad.

All Muslims believe that Islam is the only right way, and this belief stays in their hearts, even when they are doing something wrong, So even though they might be doing something wrong, their belief is still intact Alhamdulillah.

I testify from experience this is the truth. lol

Anyways regarding the question of the threadstarter:

I Believe in Allah and the messengers and the Last Day because I do. It's logical for me and I believe it in my heart. There is no other explanation.

Peace

:D / Peace to all,

I moved this thread from Basic Islamic Discussion to here

Sis Zabrina

It's easy to believe anything is the truth when you by gut feelings and your "heart". Alot like "my son would never commit a crime!"

Im not a very good muslim like some of these pople, but i feel Islam. Like some non-muslims said "Millions of Muslims wouldnt sit in Mecca & medina yearly for nothing", we feel the connection with god thats how we are certain. (Hajj is the most biggest religous gathering in the world)

Im not a very good muslim like some of these pople, but i feel Islam. Like some non-muslims said "Millions of Muslims wouldnt sit in Mecca & medina yearly for nothing", we feel the connection with god thats how we are certain. (Hajj is the most biggest religous gathering in the world)

well look at it this way, they wouldn't sit there for nothing if they knew they were sitting there for nothing :D

LoL :D , You wouldnt know how it feels to have a connection with God since you have no religon, so you will never understand :D

W/slm

LoL :D , You wouldnt know how it feels to have a connection with God since you have no religon, so you will never understand :D

W/slm

must be like a dial up connection or something...I can't go back to dial up :D

Hye 3dshocker, actually it is not dialup connection, this connection some of us have to Allah is faster than any all the high speeds, its a connect through the heart. You would not understand unless you experience it. Good luck, take care, umAhmad.

W/slm

Neither will all those idiots following all the other religions of this world. Poor them.

Salaam

greetings haafid,

we can know that Islam is the correct faith through the quran because it is a book full of wisdom and beauty. it has survived modification through many centuries and is still intact down to a dot. the quran just grips people's heart through its amazing spiritual quality. one of the great proof that it is divine literature is that not even the shortest chapter in quran has been reproduced by any human being. finally the quran is full of scientific ideas which were unknown to man during its period of revelation.

the life of the Prophet Muhammad (sw) is another living proof of the truth of Islam. he was know as the most trustworthy and upright person in mecca. he never lied or cheated in his life. one of the reasons God created such great reputation for Muhammad (sw) was so that people have reason to believe in his message.

further, the Prophet (sw) was person who could not read or write. he never went to any school. yet from his came the glorious quran which even the greatest masters of arabic language could not replicate! check hadith literature, the greatest pearls of wisdom came from an uneducated man of a civilization which had no philosophy, no coherent religion, no scientific discourses.

druing his lifetime, the Prophet (sw) controlled all of Mecca and Medina (all vital trade routes) and beyond, but he never indulged in a life of luxury. the Prophet had no money, no furnitures, he had few clothes, he had leaves as his bed... in today's time this would be considered extreme poverty. the more you read and ponder upon his life and his character, the more convinced you become of his prophethood.

ofcourse there are so much more which bear witness to the truth of Islam. the more you study the quran, about the life of the prophet, Islamic theology, etc. the more convinced you become. Islam becomes a not only a matter of fact but the ultimate reality.

hope that helps.

peace

Edited by alameen

Neither will all those idiots following all the other religions of this world. Poor them.

Idiots? ...IIdiotssss?? IIIdiotsss :D

( drinking water)

If Moses heard that he would have whacked u hard with his walking stick .

I think People believe strongly on what they have been taught from childhood.

We are all raised in an environment where certain principles are drilled into our heads until our minds are molded into judging things in a certain way.

For some of us if not most our own subjective reality is the objective one.

As a professor of cognitive psychology.....

AAAA who am i kidding, I'm no professor. :D

(sorry for being over dramatic :D )

peace

I really do not see the point behind calling people from other faiths idiots etc...no reason at all....

Anyway, i have complete belief and conviction in Islam because I have questioned every single part of it, as well as investigating other faiths....

For me that just proved that Islam was the ultimate truth...

fi aman Allah

Salamz

I really do not see the point behind calling people from other faiths idiots etc...no reason at all....

ya.. I agree, that's not nice, It wasn't me who did that.

Anyway, i have complete belief and conviction in Islam because I have questioned every single part of it, as well as investigating other faiths....

Unless you are over 50 , I find it hard to believe.

Because to question every single aspect ? that's lots of aspects. :D

And investigating All other faiths? That's a lots of investigation.

R u sure? :D

peace

Edited by llogical

Ppl have said the same as you claim and arrived at christianity, buddhism and various other religions after studying many of them? What does that tell you?

So the only way to be sure that Allah exists is to believe in him?

Yup. If you believe in God (I mean, really believe in him), you will begin to feel the effects. The same way Muslims experience the approach of Jinns while Atheists laugh about hearing such a case. You see, the Jinns do not need to affect the Atheists because they already go against God while the Jinns do need to go against Muslims in hope to put them astray. Atheists do not comprehend this because of their very heavy disbelief of everything and their heavy reliance on proof.

Proof is for the weak people while faith is for the strong people.

Ppl have said the same as you claim and arrived at christianity, buddhism and various other religions after studying many of them? What does that tell you?

It tells me that they all discovered the existence of God and that it is irrefutable in their studies. As to how they arrive to a certain religion, it is probably because of their unsupervised interpretations of the holy books.

It tells me that they all discovered the existence of God and that it is irrefutable in their studies. As to how they arrive to a certain religion, it is probably because of their unsupervised interpretations of the holy books.