Islamic Forum
Haafid

How Do You Have Certainty Islam Is The Only Truth

#1 Harun Yahya is an educationally bankrupt source of misinformation that takes advantage of the uneducated masses.

Please tell me a reason why I should trust you bout that?

Wassalam,

Yasnov

PropellerAds

The only reason he has is that the man is a Muslim and his works center around the fact that Islam is God's last revelation to humans and the Quran is his last testament.

Design, in brief, means a harmonious assembling of various parts in an

orderly form designed for a common goal. Going by this definition, one has

no difficulty in guessing that a car is a design. This is because there is a

certain goal, which is to transport people and cargo. In realisation of this

goal, various parts such as the engine, tires and body are planned and

assembled in a factory.

However, what about living creatures? Can a bird and the mechanics of

its flight be a design as well? Before giving an answer, let us repeat the

evaluation we did in the example of the car. The goal, in this case, is to fly.

For this purpose, hollow, light-weight bones and the strong breast muscles

that move these bones are utilised together with feathers capable of

suspension in the air. Wings are formed aerodynamically, and the

metabolism is in tune with the bird's need for high levels of energy. It is

obvious that the bird is a product of a certain design.

If we leave aside the bird and examine other forms of life, we encounter

the same truth. In every creature, there are examples of extremely wellconceived

design. If we continue further on this quest, we discover that we

Introduction

ourselves are also a part of this design. Your hands that hold these pages are

functional as no robot hands could ever be. Your eyes that read these lines

are making vision possible with such focus that the best camera on earth

simply cannot achieve.

Hence one arrives at this important conclusion; all creatures in nature,

including us, are of a design. This, in turn, shows the existence of a Creator,

Who designs all creatures at will, sustains the entire creation and holds

absolute power and wisdom.

The man is trying to pass off 'purpose' in general as an absolute thing when in reality it's subjective. Depending on what we're relating an object to, there could be a purpose, or there could not as the object in question could be utterly useless. Anything and everything can serve a purpose if the goal itself is a variable.

Saying this in a more fanciful way he concludes that all things have been designed with a purpose in mind when in reality he's working with the situation that

-we start off with a characteristic of an object

-define a goal that this characteristic helps acheive

-then say that this object was designed with this characteristic to achieve that goal

Anyone should be able to see what a ## arguement this is. But they can only see that if they analyze exactly what he's saying.

oh yes, and did I mention that the human eye cannot compete with most high tech cameras in terms of the available focus range?

What? :sl:

Is this supposed to be a proof that the man is an educationally bankrupt source of misinformation? Are you serious? Do people look this shallow-minded to you?

Whether you like it or nor, everything is designed in a way that best fits the purpose for which it was created and this indicates that it was created in an intelligent, wise and elaborate way on the contrary of the way suggested by people who deny the existance of God.

Read what scientists say about the intelligent design in nature.

Here's an article for example (which has nothing to do with Harun) and there is much more:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetfindarticles(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/p/articles/mi_m1571/is_14_15/ai_54442589"]Scientists Find Evidence of God - Intelligent Design Movement[/url]

Edited by cooljazzman

When the writer mentioned the highly sophisticated design of the human eye, he didn't restrict that to the zoom level. Read what scientists say in this concern:

1- (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetpbs(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wgbh/evolution/change/grand/"]The human eye[/url]

2- (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetdarwinismrefuted(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/irreducible_complexity_02.html"]The Design of the Human Eye[/url]

3- (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetapologeticspress(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/articles/2583"]Seeing is Believing: The Design of the Human Eye[/url]

oh yes, and did I mention that the human eye cannot compete with most high tech cameras in terms of the available focus range?

hmmmm.so if we refer the eye as a camera, it is the perfect camera-isnt it?

so who has created this perfection?no one?

Intellligent design is all about pseudoscience which is not science at all. If you believe it then good for you ~ I'm just not gonna bother discussing this anymore.

hmmmm.so if we refer the eye as a camera, it is the perfect camera-isnt it?

Camera's don't deteriorate with time, whereas the capabilities of the human eye does deteriorate.

Camera's don't deteriorate with time, whereas the capabilities of the human eye does deteriorate.

This is because God wants it to be so. He creates what He wills, not what his creatures want him to.

[30:54]

IT IS GOD who creates you [all in a state] of weakness, and then, after weakness, ordains strength [for you], and then, after [a period of] strength, ordains [old-age] weakness and grey hair. He creates what He wills; and He alone is all-knowing, infinite in His power.

Intellligent design is all about pseudoscience which is not science at all.

For you, any science that supports the existance of God and does not support your atheistic dogma and abnormal way of thinking is a worthless science.

For me, I'd rather have a cup of coffee right now.

Intellligent design is all about pseudoscience which is not science at all. If you believe it then good for you ~ I'm just not gonna bother discussing this anymore.

i was not refering to the efect with time.i was refering to the way it functions.anyways even a camera will break some day.nothing lasts forever

Edited by haw_wa

i was refering to the way it functions
perfection implies no room for improvement, if the eye has room to improve (we can't focus on extremely short distances) then it is not perfect. Right?

anyways even a camera will break some day.

maybe if you throw a rock at it...

The man is trying to pass off 'purpose' in general as an absolute thing when in reality it's subjective. Depending on what we're relating an object to, there could be a purpose, or there could not as the object in question could be utterly useless.

Every little thing matters in the cosmic design, even the bad winds up bringing out good in the long run. So, your copy/paste is not enough to call him an educationally bankrupt source of misinformation. Please name me objects that are utterly useless, I will try to show you their usefulness.

Anything and everything can serve a purpose if the goal itself is a variable

The fact is every complex thing absolutely has its own purpose.

Wassalam,

Yasnov

Edited by Yasnov