Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Nughair

Clear Shiny Skin

asalamu alaykum

i have a book about Prophetic(peace be upon him) medicine. In one of the sections i've read that Hazrat Ayesha(razi Allah anha) had some sort of spots(ance?) on her face which disappeared by the use of a herb which is called WARS in arabic. even after that he used to apply WARS mixed with olive oil regularly on her face and by which her skin was so spotless and shiny that people used to call her by the name of 'Hamra'*

In the book WARS is translated as MEMECYLON, TINCTURA or EDULE. in india and sri lanka a plant similar in properties to wars is known by the name of ' WARI KAHA' or 'ANJANA'.

Can somebody else please throw some light on WARS?

* don't know its meaning. someone please translate it for us

Edited by Nughair

PropellerAds

:D

do you know what it looks like ?

in india and sri lanka a plant similar in properties to wars is known by the name of ' WARI KAHA' or 'ANJANA'.

does look anything like this

1345.jpg

r270.jpg

asalamu alaykum

sis shining star i have no idea as to what it looks like. the book that i mentioned says that in arab , warss is only found in YEMEN. the plant is about 4 meters tall with pods that bear hard redd/golden fibres, that is superios quality warss while the inferiror type is found is sudan and habsha? and is of black colour. its persian name is karkam( not sure about the exact prounounciation) . In the times of Prophet Muhammad( sallal`laho alaihi wasallam) it was used to color the clothes and face of the bridegroom