Islamic Forum
ummammaar

Do you pray fajr on time?

Do you pray fajr on time? (before sunrise)  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Do you pray fajr on time? (before sunrise)

• Yes, always
    • Yes, sometimes
    • Rarely
    • Most of the time
    • Never

In summer its easy to wake up but in winter its hard. Alhamdulillah I pray it on time.

(only because otherwise I would get in trouble from father)

PropellerAds

:D

Brothers and sisters, dont fear family, fear Allah!

ÇáÓáÇã Úáíßã

my friends and i race to wakeup each other on mobiles .. and now we r starting to wake up to qiyam :D

æÇáÓáÇÃÂ

Úáíßã

For those who have a hard time waking up for fajr, I suggest installing "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.webrouge(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/prayalert/"]PrayerAlert[/url]  (if the computer is in your room).

Then go to start > control panel > scheduled tasks > Add scheduled task.

Click "next", and then pick any program like "Paint."  Set it to run 5 minutes before the fajr prayer.  In the advance properties, under Settings, make sure the box to "wake the computer (from standby mode) to run this task" is checked.

Then before going to bed make sure PrayAlert is running and the volume of the speakers is loud.  :D

I guarantee you that you will wake up everytime :D.

wont help if the electricity goes out

Yep pray it on time :D I use 3 alarms on my cell phone, when the first alarm goes off.....im up because i hate the noise!

wont help if the electricity goes out

Yep, happened to me once.

I use 3 alarms on my cell phone

What about a low battery? That won't work either :D.

Also, I have a hard time waking up because exercising leaves me exhausted and heavy, not even the adhaan will wake me up now. Any advice?

Also, I have a hard time waking up because exercising leaves me exhausted and heavy, not even the adhaan will wake me up now. Any advice?

What about a low battery? That won't work either .

my cell phone can last for about 3-4 days without charging :D you could put an alarm clock in your bathroom, or drink 12 glasses of water before you go to sleep...lol that helped me wake up on time once. maybe a friend of yours can call you in the morning. here are some more tips:

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=6948"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=6948[/url]

Assalamu alaykum.

Masha'Allah, I always make fajr, except for the day after I became muslim (I didn't know that I had to pray right away, nor did I know how to-Alhamdullilah!! Dh and I were praying by the second day. :D ).

We have an adhan alarm clock, plus dh sets the regular alarm for a few minutes before fajr so that we are already awake.

It works well for us so far.

asalamualaykum,

I pity Bro Mansoor Ansari's wife. Poor thing...what is she walking into!

Yes always :D

:D :D

Assalamu 3laikum,

Alhamdulillah I am lucky cuz my wife and I take turns staying up late in case my son wakes up. I call it the best graveyard shift. So missing fajr is unacceptable since Im up late, listening to lectures or surfing this site. By the way, Time sure flies when you come to IF..lol.

Wa Al Salam Ya Ikhwan

salamu alikum ,

yeah the truth in past i used to miss fajr pray but now alhamdullah

i feel like someone come and wake me :D , funny ,so alhamdu llah

i use ma mobi normally, plus backup. yesterday i cant believe i didnt set a back up and i missed it. partly because i went to bed at 1am and alarm was at 2.30 so i can stay up and do bit of reading

i must of forgot to put backup, or maybe i turned it off, i dont remember..

but normally i have mobi(not loud) and backup(which is annoying so i try and wake up using mobi)

Assalamu walikum bros and sisters...

i find it really difficult to wake up for Fajr as I wake up during the night at least once maybe twice to feed my daughter which makes me oversleep. I sleep late as it is, never before 1am. As After maghrib I cook, and after Isha I eat and then sleep, usually not much before 1am. And i just feel so guilty for not reading fajr on time or anywhere near on time!

Would it be acceptable if I stayed awake until 2am and read fajr and then went to sleep or would it be too early???

Thank you!!

Assalamu walikum,

your muslim sis.

As Salaam Alaikum,

Where I live Fajr ends at 6:28. I usually get up around 4:50 though. Yes, I know pretty early when you have an hour and left... but I'm kind of lazy to change my alarm clock. lol.

You would think that for someone who usually goes to bed well after 2 a.m. i would take full advantage of the big time space. lol But I think I should now because last week I missed fajr I think 2 or 3 times. I set my alarm clock but I must of slept right through... and then once I woke up but lied in bed and doozed off again. :D

But Alhumdilllah I wake up more than 98% of the time I would say. When I first began to pray (which wasn't that long ago) Fajr was the one I committed myself to doing. And then Isha, and then all of them.

So if you start trying to pray like all 5, start with doing Fajr. I think I got the sense of "I wake up at such and such in hte morning, so I mind as well do Asr if i can do Fajr". I guess it's like a confidence booster. lol

salaam.

Edited by DemaChanRas

I have sleeping problems and if I do get up, most of the time I doze off but I still try my best.

Well there was this one time when I was really determined and I would wake up just before the alarm, inshallah I will get that determination back again.

Salam,

i most of the time pray it inshallah

Dear brothers and sisters,

I dont really know how many muslims around the world pray fajir, or how many of them actually pray it on time. But ever since i started to pray, at a young age, ive always prayed it on time. This is mostly because my father makes sure to wake everyone up at 5:00 in the morning to pray. In my house its unheard of to miss the fajir prayers. Though ive asked some of my friends if they pray fajir on time, and more then 50% of them said that they dont, because they dont have time and because they complained that they were too sleepy to wake up so early. And im very shocked to see that the poll states that most the of muslims on this site dont pray on time! :D That's very upsetting. Im sure that people are very busy and they have many things to do that they cant just wake up in the morning to pray, but one should atleast try. If you have enough time to wake up early for a morning shower before work or school, then you must have 2 minutes to thank your lord for all that he has generously given to you.

-from your sis asmaa-

:sl:

'Do you pray fajr on time?'

:no: :j:

The hardest prayer for hypocrites is the fajr and the isha prayer.

I feel the best way to prepare for fajr is tahhijud prayer.Cause that gets one ready for fajr emotionally and most importantly physically and mentally.

Just like sportsman warm up before a match.I think its good to have done some worship beforehand. :D

Angels observe the person who reads Quran after fajr subhanallah.

My posts are always a reminder for others aswell as myself.

My posts are always a reminder for others aswell as myself.

I'll say, and very beneficial reminders at that! That's why we all love to read your posts and always look forward for more. :sl: for putting that hadith up.

Sis, whiterosey! I know what you mean. Most of us fall into the category of not always. Your post is an excellent reminder that it does not take much time to make any fard salah, esp. fajr. SubhanAllah, there is also a good amount of time before it gets delayed. I mean one can choose to wake up for it maybe 10-15 minutes after the adhaan time. Or one can wake up and pray right away and go back to sleep before getting up again. No restrictions in that. It's all about our level of love to Allah, sincerity in that regards, what our priorities are, time management, so on and so forth. If we get those things right, it would not be a problem.

The number one culprit for missing salah, especially fajr, is sins, even if you sleep early or "on time."

Shaykh Abdul Bary Yahya of AlMaghrib Institute calls the snooze button the shaytan button! He's right!

Edited by ummammaar

my friends and i race to wakeup each other on mobiles .. and now we r starting to wake up to qiyam :sl:

Alhumdulilah! The wake-up call system really works well as long as your ringer is not on silent, or you're not sleeping away from your home phone or cell phone. In the MSU and UC Irvine (SoCal), they implement this system. They actually have a sign-up sheet.

I hope every masjid, MSA, other muslim organization, etc. starts doing this! :no: it would be a good suggestion.

I'll say, and very beneficial reminders at that! That's why we all love to read your posts and always look forward for more. :no: for putting that hadith up.

Wayakum. :j:

It's all about our level of love to Allah, sincerity in that regards, what our priorities are, time management, so on and so forth. If we get those things right, it would not be a problem.

Yeah time management is important.

Whether it is making a plan on paper or just simply in your mind.

Its useful to make a plan beforehand so you get a good picture running in your mind.

I found a useful guide to Fajr Salat.

:no: it'll be a good read.

A Guide to Maintain Fajr Salat

Author - Anonymous student of Islamic knowlege with an introduction by Sheik Abdullah Ibn Jibreen

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetthemodernreligion(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/basic/pray/prayer_fajr.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetthemodernreligion(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/basic/pray/prayer_fajr.html[/url]

Here are some points that stood out for me in the link. :D

{And then there followed after them (the prophets) an evil generation who delayed the prayer and followed their lusts. Soon will they face destruction, except he who repents, affirms his faith and does deeds of righteousness} [soorah Maryam: 59-60]

Al-Hasan al-Basri was once asked: "Why is it that we cannot uphold prayers at night?" He answered: "You are shackled in your own sins".

Motivation is presently lacking among muslims.

I feel that Motivation comes from Seeking Knowledge and from within the heart.Without knowing what your motivation is,your goal is,

how can one find Motivation?

So basically motivation doesn't grow on trees or doesn't come down by the rain.You have to find it yourself!

It doesn't suddenly fall into our laps.Never will. :D

TWO: To be assiduous in observing the Aadaab [good manners prescribed in Islam]

THREE:To fill one's heart with faith and good deeds.

FOUR: To keep away from Ma'aasi [acts of disobedience to Allah] by protecting the eyes, the tongue, the hearing and all the senses from indulging in the perception of objects that Allah has made unlawful for us. As an alternative, one should concern himself with matters pertaining to the worship of Allaah, such as devoting one's sight to the reading of Allaah's Book, meditating over the creatures that Allaah has created in this universe, reading books of knowledge etc. One member of the rightly guided early generations was asked about the reason why people found it difficult to uphold voluntary prayers at night. He answered: "Your sins have shackled you". No doubt sins can be a major cause for a persons inability to enjoy the blessings of piety. As Imaam Ibn ul-Qayyim said, sins are wounds and some wounds can be fatal.

FIVE: To bear in mind the great reward for attending Fajr prayer in congregation on time.

I heard Allah's Messenger (sallallaahu-alaihi-wasallam) say: "He who prays Ishaa in Jamaa'ah [congregation] is as if he has prayed for half the night. As to him who (also) prays Fajr in congregation, it is as if he has prayed all night." [narrated by Maalik and the wording is that of Muslim who also reported it]

SIX: To realise the bad effects resulting from one's failure to pray Fajr.

The time following Fajr prayer is full of goodness and blessings.

SEVEN: To lose no time to categorically clear yourself from the stigma of hypocrisy. Because of the difficulty of waking for this time, praying Fajr in congregation provides evidence that a person has firm faith and is free from hypocrisy. That is why in a hadeeth narrated by Bukhaaree and Muslim, the Prophet (sallallaahu-alaihi-wasallam) said: "Indeed, the most difficult of prayers to bear, for the hypocrites, are Ishaa [night] and Fajr prayers. If only they knew what they are missing , they would sooner come, even if crawling on their knees".

The most worthy companion, Abdullaah and Ibn Mas'ood (radiallaahu-anhu) asserts "The only one indeed who misses them[i.e. Ishaa and Fajr prayers] is a confirmed hypocrite" (5). Ibn Umar (radiallaahu-anhu) said "When we find a man missing from the Ishaa and Fajr prayers we nurture suspicions about him"

(6)If you want a criterion for evaluating a person's degree of faith and truthfulness monitor his observance of Fajr prayer. If he passes the test, that should be taken as a sign indicating the strength of his Eeman [belief, faith]. Let us then testify to his truthfulness since he managed to achieve the greatest victory over himself and to be superior to the pleasure of sleeping in bed. If he fails the test, this is an index to his weakness in faith, a hardness in his heart, an indulgence in self-gratification and a defeat against his own whims.

:j: for reading.