Islamic Forum
Mo999

If Allah Is So Mercifull...............

Salam

We all believe that Allah is merciful. There are numerous verses in quarn, dua we read says that Allah is the most merciful. Now my questions are:

1. If Allah is so merciful, why does human being suffers from disease, problems, etc? Why Allah wouldn't rescue us from problems or illness even though we don't pray to him simply because he is the most merciful?

2. If Allah is so merciful, why wouldn't he forgive all the non-muslim? Why wouldn't the Satan get forgiven? If Allah is as merciful as we believe and claimed in Quran, the biggest sinner such as Satan would get forgiven because his sins could not possibly exceed Allah's infinite mercy?

3. How would non-muslim people would be rewarded for their good deeds? Would they get any reward for their suffering (due to illness or other problems)?

PropellerAds

as salaamu 'alaykum Brother,

1. If Allah is so merciful, why does human being suffers from disease, problems, etc? Why Allah wouldn't rescue us from problems or illness even though we don't pray to him simply because he is the most merciful?

The diseases, problems, etc., are tests for us. The test is to be patient during those times, and because Allah is so merciful, He will reward us if we are patient, with things much better than health, ultimately Paradise insha'Allah.

2. If Allah is so merciful, why wouldn't he forgive all the non-muslim? Why wouldn't the Satan get forgiven? If Allah is as merciful as we believe and claimed in Quran, the biggest sinner such as Satan would get forgiven because his sins could not possibly exceed Allah's infinite mercy?

In fact Allah is very Merciful, and He would forgive the non Muslims...if they only believed in him, and asked.

3. How would non-muslim people would be rewarded for their good deeds? Would they get any reward for their suffering (due to illness or other problems)?

Non-believers are rewarded for their good deeds in the life of this world. They are not rewarded in the Hereafter. However, some non Muslims, some Jews and some Christians will be rewarded like the Muslims, because they do their deeds for the same reasons Muslims do. The whole point is to do everything for the sake of Allah to be get the promised reward. Even Muslims have to do everything for the sake of Allah to be rewarded for what they do...and if they don't then they don't get the reward either. But it's easy for Muslims to do everything for Allah's sake because we believe in Him.

And Allah knows best.

wassalaam

Lo Haqqul_Yageen

"In fact Allah is very Merciful, and He would forgive the non Muslims...if they only believed in him, and asked."

If they only believed in him, and asked, then they wouldnt be non muslims.

So still awaiting an answer to "If Allah is so merciful, why wouldn't he forgive all the non-muslim?"

Peace Anon,

Alright, I will quote you a verse in the Qur'an.

"Shall We then treat the People of Faith like the People of Sin?" [surat al Qalam (the Pen) Verse 35]

I mean, think about it. Here you have people struggling all their lives to do good so that they could be sent to Paradise...while there are others almost struggling to do the opposite. Does it make sense to treat them both the same?

Especially when most of these people don't even ask for forgiveness...Well how could they, if they don't believe in God? This is why I said, they would have to believe first, then ask. If they only asked, as non believers, then who on earth are they asking...? Do you follow me?

And if you meant that the non-believers ask for forgiveness in the end on the day of Judgment, and they now DO believe in Him, why doesn't he forgive them? Then the answer is that it's too late, He gave them their whole life to think about that, He told them exactly what would happen, but they chose to ignore this, and now they expect Him to just treat them like the people that didn't ignore it, but instead made their lives revolve around it?

While He is the Most Merciful, He is also the Most Just. So He will use His fairness to judge who should really enter hell. But if he were to forgive everyone, then what is the point of this world anyway?

:D

If a father brings up a child, feeds the child, clothes the child and looks after the child and then the child grows up, slaps the father in the face and says 'you are not my father' will the father be happy?

If the child then comes to his senses and then asks forgiveness from his father and accepts that he is in fact his father, then the father may decide to forgive him.

Now i am certainly not comparing the relationship between a father and a son to Allah and His creation but this is just an example. Magnify that many folds and you will see the situation of the people who disbelieve in Allah. Surely if they acknowledge that it is Allah who has created them and has given them everything then Allah is Ar-Rahman, and if He wills, Allah will accept their repentance and guide them to the straight path and to bliss.

Salam

"I mean, think about it. Here you have people struggling all their lives to do good so that they could be sent to Paradise...while there are others almost struggling to do the opposite. Does it make sense to treat them both the same?"

Sorry, I still cant understand.

But still Allah is the most merciful. Non-believers lived a life of chaos, still their sin does not equate or exceed the mercy of most merciful Allah. Could he not forgive them along with the believers simply because Allah is the most merciful? Since Allah is the most Just, it is fair to say non-believers should not be offered reward similar to the believers. Couldn't Allah forgive them and put in lower level paradise?

Why would non-believers would have to go to hell? Aren't they creation of the most merciful Allah? They might have been disloyal in this life, why would they have to stay in hell forever in afterlife?

First can you clarify which non-believers you're speaking about? Do you mean non-Muslims in general or people who don't believe in God?

But still Allah is the most merciful. Non-believers lived a life of chaos, still their sin does not equate or exceed the mercy of most merciful Allah. Could he not forgive them along with the believers simply because Allah is the most merciful? Since Allah is the most Just, it is fair to say non-believers should not be offered reward similar to the believers. Couldn't Allah forgive them and put in lower level paradise?

Allah's word is final.. and those who reject him and his chosen way Islam..

will be amoungst the losers...

If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah (God) never will It be accepted of Him" (Soorah Aal'imraan 3:85)

"This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion". (Soorah Al-Maa'idah 5:3)

Salam

We all believe that Allah is merciful. There are numerous verses in quarn, dua we read says that Allah is the most merciful. Now my questions are:

salaam dear brother:

you have asked a question that i asked of myself for many years and found the answers the 'very' hard way, but alhamdulillah i found them.

i'll try to narrate, may Allah help me express what i believe.

check the definitions/parameters for suffering.

as we grow up in a society, we 'learn' to define things as we perceive them being defined around us...for instance, not owning a car as good as the best(advertised in the media) or not having a villa that has it's own pool..or like i read in this forum'please pray in this world plagued with hunger and war,for my residency'....is how we learn to define suffering.

now look at the dynamics from another angle...

none of us ever existed..we were non-existent...someone(Allah) created us, gave us the senses that discern between bitter and sweet, satisfaction and discontent,sorrow and joy...and that Creator told us we were created with a purpose...to not go astray by letting our senses become our teachers/guides/masters..and remeber in our transit through this life that every sense /feeling/moment/condition is a blessing(provided we remember that we were non-existent and the present status and the given conditions are all a blessing,a sign of being alive and feeling things around us)...........................

but what happens is that a child is delivered into this present society and that child grows up feeling "entiteled" to 'feeling good all the time"..and everything that disagrees with his/her definitions for 'good' are consdiered suffering.....whereas in reality ..all info from the surroundings is being analyzed by the 'nafs/the ease loving/selfcentered/origin negating' component often called "i"/"me"/"my" ...and that i/me/my is so ignorant to the realities of life...that in a natural system that states 'no gain without pain'...the i/me/my ascribes own rules and parameters for 'good'.....

in simpler words one ..a 20 or 30 or 60 year old human acquires the cheek to challenge a centuries old code that has regulated all life....and when he/she fails at defeating the natural codes...;laments 'suffering'....

this was about muslims...about non muslims and what their fate will be or if they will be rewarded for thir good deeds or not..is between them and their Creator..knowing the answer to this question will neither make me a better person nor worse...my problem is mending my own crooked perceptions of the things happening to me/around me....creation has honey bees that sting to protect honey for humans...and snakes that sting for simply harming...so the entire creation is too wide and diverse.

sickness and suffering my dear brother are two different things..not at all the same///indeed visit a hospital and you will see many cases where the 'sick' is at peace and the healthy around him/her 'suffer' ...suffering is not God sent but man-made/devised/perceived...Allah is no doubt THE MOST MERCIFUL...but we taint His mercy with our definitions/demands.

i hope i managed to answer the querry.

may Allah Guide us to the perception pattern that shines with 'gratitude(shaakiran)..and may He help us distance ourselves from the perception pattern that denines cognition of Blessings(kafoora)..amen and may Allah reward you for asking the question that you did.

salaam

Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahee wa Barakatu

Allah, subhanahu wa ta'ala, is the most merciful because he provides rain for the believers and disbelievers. Allah is the most merciful because he let the sun shine for believers and non-believers. Allah is the most merciful because he provides fruits and grain for believers and non-believers. Allah is the most merciful because he equipped believers and non-believers with health, eyes, hearing, and minds so that they may be grateful.

However, Allah is also the most just, because he gives evil to those who sew evil and he gives good to those who sow good. The evil is not like the good, and the grateful is not like the ungrateful.

Allah is not just Rahmaan but also Raheem. One of them means that he is merciful to everyone in this earth by being the provider of food, wealth, health, and other fortune. The other means that in the Afterlife, God Almighty he gives a special reward solely for those who worshipped only Him, and believed in the message and followed the Messengers of God, alayhissalaam.

Is it not justice that Allah, subhanahu wa ta'ala, asks those who worshipped idols to follow the idols? Isn't it justice that the worshippers of statues are asked to ask the reward from the statues? Isn't is justice that only those who worshipped Allah alone receive reward from Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala. Allah will ask the people who worshipped trees to ask the trees for mercy and help. Allah is merciful to those who worshipped him. Why should He give the same mercy that he gives to his slaves to those who reject Allah.

All the suffering and calamities on earth happen, because they remind us that earth is not our home and we should increase our homesickness for Jannah, paradise, which is our home.

Suffering for Muslims and Believers are to wash away sins.

Rizq (Sustenance) should be managed well. Like you have a bank account you have an account with God Almighty. You can use all the rizq right now, or you deposite the favours of Allah on an account an keep it for the afterlife when you really need it. You may consume all the mercy and provisions and blessing that Allah bestowed on you in this world but in the next life you find nothing. Your life on earth may be miserable because your sustenance given by God Almighty is saved for the afterlife.

Salam

Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahee wa Barakatu

Allah, subhanahu wa ta'ala, is the most merciful because he provides rain for the believers and disbelievers. Allah is the most merciful because he let the sun shine for believers and non-believers. Allah is the most merciful because he provides fruits and grain for believers and non-believers. Allah is the most merciful because he equipped believers and non-believers with health, eyes, hearing, and minds so that they may be grateful.

However, Allah is also the most just, because he gives evil to those who sew evil and he gives good to those who sow good. The evil is not like the good, and the grateful is not like the ungrateful.

Allah is not just Rahmaan but also Raheem. One of them means that he is merciful to everyone in this earth by being the provider of food, wealth, health, and other fortune. The other means that in the Afterlife, God Almighty he gives a special reward solely for those who worshipped only Him, and believed in the message and followed the Messengers of God, alayhissalaam.

Is it not justice that Allah, subhanahu wa ta'ala, asks those who worshipped idols to follow the idols? Isn't it justice that the worshippers of statues are asked to ask the reward from the statues? Isn't is justice that only those who worshipped Allah alone receive reward from Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala. Allah will ask the people who worshipped trees to ask the trees for mercy and help. Allah is merciful to those who worshipped him. Why should He give the same mercy that he gives to his slaves to those who reject Allah.

Salam

as salaamu 'alaykum

Well said, masha'Allah. Notice the bold part brother Mo...I mean, even giving them a lower stage of heaven is unfair. Do you know why? Because people in heaven, no matter what stage they are in, will be so satisfied that it will be as if they are in the highest level.

Since my question "which non-believers are you referring to?" was not answered I will just say that Allah forgives all sins except shirk - polytheism (or atheism??? - not a rhetorical question.)

So this just shows you how Merciful Allah really is...He can forgive all sins, even if the person didn't even repent!

But by not forgiving a certain sin (i.e. shirk), because it is the most major, and because of so many more reasons (for ex. Allah presented clear signs that He is the One and Only and still people disbelive) then Allah is only being Just...not unmerciful.

wassalaam

salaam

brother Allah is most merciful and kind.

i know this story that i heard from bayan it shows how merciful Allah is i heard it ages ago so i m only gonna tell u the beginning because i dont remember propa u can ask someone who is moulana or mufti saab once musa a.s was going and satan came to him and said that is there any way that Allah would forgive me go ask Allah .so musa a.s went and he totally forgot about the thing that satan said to him so at the end when he was about to go Allah said to musa a.s is there any thing else u wanna say (Allah knew it of course) and musa a.s that satan is asking for forgivness Allah said to musa a.s that tell satan to do a sajdah on the grave of hazrat adam a.s and i will forgive him so u can see that Allah can forgive anyone i dont know what happend after that i heard this story ages ago if a made any mistake please forgive me if anyone knows the full story please post it jazakallah

Salam

Thanks for everyones contribution. I think I understand now. Sorry if I was acting like a non-muslim by asking these types of questions but I despeartely needed to know them. Allah has given me infinite curosity. One part of me would just believe whatever Allah said even though i don't understand why he said so. I would believe it simply because Its Allah who said so. I dont know why we cant eat pork but that does not mean I don’t avoid eating pork. I belive there are explanations for everything Allah does or command. Some of them we understand and some of them are beyond our understanding or yet to be revealed. Since I am curious (maybe a bit too much :D ), there is a part of me which seeks reasons for not doing or doing certain acts.

The main reason why I asked this question was becuase i am recnectly diagnosed with some disease which is uncurable at this time. Maybe I never prayed 5 times or did any of the religious stuffs. But I always belived deep in my heart that Allah is the most merciful. Even though I was and still being disloyal to Allah but never thought I would be punsihed by such a disease at this young age. Which is why, my other part of me wanted to know, if I had belived my Allah to be so merciful, why does he make me suffer now? Why wouldn't he just forgive and cure me from such illenss? I understand that he might be testing me. Since the disease is apparantely uncureable, it makes me wonder, is my whole life a test now? (anyway, I know you guys are freindly and supportive but you dont have to answer any of these questions if you intend not to. I m planning to seek help by posting a new topic in Counselling section.)

Thanks

as salaamu 'alaykum,

May Allah be with you brother Mo (is this short for Mohammad?)

Ok, just wanted to clear up the pork issue, I read something off of (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islamic-world(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/sister/h1.htm"]this website[/url]...

Dr. E. Kazim. M.D. in his article "Medical aspects of forbidden foods in Islam" (July 1981 issue of Muslim Journal has described diseases carried or caused by the flesh of the swine.

He writes:

The pig is a scavenger. It is an omnivorous animal. It eats everything. There are many diseases carried from swine to man, particularly parasite infestations. Lately extensive research has been focused on senility-old age is characterized by hardening of inner lining of the blood vessels of the heart, brain etc. a process called atheroselerosis. When a clot forms, it results in coronary thrombosis or a heart attack, cerebral thrombosis or stroke.

According to medical research, the fat content in pork is more than any other meat (beef, mutton etc.) and it takes longer to digest. Dr. M Jaffer in an article in the Islamic Review (London) of January 1997 issue has listed 16 kinds of harmful germs, which have been discovered in pork in modern researches and the diseases, which could be caused by them. The number of patients suffering from tapeworm disease is the highest in the world among pork eating nations. Other diseases attributed to pigs are caused by tri-chinelia spirates and intestinal worms occupy first place among such nations too.

Dr. Glen Shepherd wrote the following on the dangers of eating pork in Washington Post (31 May 1952).

"One in six people in USA and Canada have germs in their muscles - trichinosis 8 from eating pork infected with trichina worms. Many people who are infected shows no symptoms. Most of those, who do have, recover slowly. Some die; some are reduced to permanent invalids. All were careless pork caters".

He continued "No one is immune from the disease and there is no cure. Neither antibiotics nor drugs or vaccines affect these tiny deadly worms. Preventing infection is the real answer."

Brother, anything that is forbidden in Islam is forbidden for a reason, and I'm sure you know this, since you follow Islamic law, alhamdulillah. Allah is protecting us when he forbids something, so he has forbidden pork because it is harmful. It is just the same as forbidding alcohol which is harmful as well.

As for your problem, yes you should probably post it in the councelling room, but since it does relate to Allah's mercy I'll quickly say the following....bro did you know that Allah tests the believers just to see how firm they really are in believing? Even Muhammad (may peace be upon him) was tested over and over. And he is extremely loved by Allah. Allah tests even the best of the believers so that He can be merciful to them later on, giving them reward for their patience.

Read this very carefully...

It was said to Imam al-Shaafa’i (may Allah have mercy on him): Which is better, patience or tests or prevailing? He said: Prevailing is the level attained by the Prophets, and there can be no prevailing except after trials. If a person is tried he will become patient, and if he remains patient he will prevail.

I want you to check out (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamicvoice(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/February2006/Thoughts/?PHPSESSID=2678289fe423de85a926d906e236cf7"]this site[/url]. I think it will be very helpful insha'Allah.

May Allah help you, me, and all the believers stay strong and firm on the Straight Path always. Aameen.

wassalaam

Edited by Haqqul_Yaqeen

(www.)"hpa.uk/infections/topics_az/ecoli/O157/facts.htm"]hpa.uk/infections/topics_az.../O157/facts.htm[/url]

How are people infected?

The infectious dose of VTEC O157 appears to be very low, probably less than 100 organisms. Humans become infected through the consumption of contaminated foods, particularly inadequately cooked minced beef (often in the form of beefburgers) and milk (unpasteurised and contaminated post pasteurisation). However, outbreaks have been associated also with yogurt, cooked meats, meat pies, cheese, dry cured salami, raw vegetables, unpasteurised apple juice and water. The main reservoir for VTEC O157 is the intestine of healthy cattle although there have been several reports of these organisms in sheep and other animals. In published studies isolations of VTEC O157 from cattle in the UK have ranged from 0.9% to 15.7%. Carcasses can become contaminated through contact with intestinal contents at slaughter.

Other important transmission routes of infection with VTEC O157 are direct contact with animals and person-to-person spread both in families and institutional settings. Bathing in contaminated water has resulted in small outbreaks. Outbreaks and sporadic cases have been linked microbiologically with handling of animals, particularly cattle, and therefore there are risks associated with visitors, especially children, to farm centres.

So why didnt Allah forbid the eating of anything mentioned in above paragraphs?

Peace Anon,

I didn't read much into this but I guess common sense tells me that these things don't always happen, but happen because of different factors like, if you aren't careful in cooking thoroughly, etc. But this isn't the case with pork.

Please keep on topic. Feel free to start a new, separate topic to discuss whatever you feel like discussing, but not here please. Going off-topic is a violation of IF rules, and is not fair to the topic starter.

Thank you for helping us better organize IF. :D

Why would non-believers would have to go to hell? Aren't they creation of the most merciful Allah? They might have been disloyal in this life, why would they have to stay in hell forever in afterlife?

Allah can forgive them, if they ask. I have read a hadeeth in (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/[/url] (but I forgot where I read it) there are unbelievers that will enter the heaven because they believe in Him (at last)

Edited by abdul_rahman

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.hpa.com.uk/infections/topics_az/ecoli/O157/facts.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.hpa.com.uk/infections/topics_az.../O157/facts.htm[/url]

How are people infected?

The infectious dose of VTEC O157 appears to be very low, probably less than 100 organisms. Humans become infected through the consumption of contaminated foods, particularly inadequately cooked minced beef (often in the form of beefburgers) and milk (unpasteurised and contaminated post pasteurisation). However, outbreaks have been associated also with yogurt, cooked meats, meat pies, cheese, dry cured salami, raw vegetables, unpasteurised apple juice and water. The main reservoir for VTEC O157 is the intestine of healthy cattle although there have been several reports of these organisms in sheep and other animals. In published studies isolations of VTEC O157 from cattle in the UK have ranged from 0.9% to 15.7%. Carcasses can become contaminated through contact with intestinal contents at slaughter.

Other important transmission routes of infection with VTEC O157 are direct contact with animals and person-to-person spread both in families and institutional settings. Bathing in contaminated water has resulted in small outbreaks. Outbreaks and sporadic cases have been linked microbiologically with handling of animals, particularly cattle, and therefore there are risks associated with visitors, especially children, to farm centres.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.hpa.com.uk/infections/topics_az/ecoli/O157/facts.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.hpa.com.uk/infections/topics_az.../O157/facts.htm[/url]

How are people infected?

brother ANON, OR COUSIN IS IT?

THE reasearch you mention above is based on evidence from cattle NOT SLAUGHTERED THE IslamIC WAY.

the advantages of slaughtering (among others )are that when an animal is subjected to it, all microrganisms in the body tissues 'dive' into the 'fluid' medium that they need for 'living'...and eventually leave the slaughtered animal's body......consider a very very long covered alley with rooms on either side, that open into the alley.....and the air starts getting 'sucked' out of one end of the alley....people in the rooms will autoimatically rush to the end of the alley that the air is being sucked out of....or consider (and this is something that happened for real) a tristar jet having landed and after landing the plane caught fire...all the dead bodies were found, on top of each other, next to the exits....

so ofcourse microrganisms thrive on macro-organisms, but when you wish to eat beef, you dont foresake/forget the microrgansims ..you slaughter the animal so that the microrganisms in it's muscles and other tissues would 'vacate', by following the 'pied piper' of the fluid medium/blood.

i am surprised why you did not question the allowance for drinking water though...believe me the biggest souce of infections on the planet is 'drinking water'

dr.abukhaleel

:D/Peace To All

This thread was moved from "Basic Islamic Discussion," to "Answering anti-Islamic Allegations," by me...

The main reason why I asked this question was becuase i am recnectly diagnosed with some disease which is uncurable at this time. Maybe I never prayed 5 times or did any of the religious stuffs. But I always belived deep in my heart that Allah is the most merciful. Even though I was and still being disloyal to Allah but never thought I would be punsihed by such a disease at this young age. Which is why, my other part of me wanted to know, if I had belived my Allah to be so merciful, why does he make me suffer now? Why wouldn't he just forgive and cure me from such illenss? I understand that he might be testing me. Since the disease is apparantely uncureable, it makes me wonder, is my whole life a test now? (anyway, I know you guys are freindly and supportive but you dont have to answer any of these questions if you intend not to. I m planning to seek help by posting a new topic in Counselling section.)

Thanks

Think of it this way, heavens a much happier place then earth. The sooner you die, the happier you'll be. This is indeed Allah's mercy to you, freeing you from this miserable world :D

Think of it this way, heavens a much happier place then earth. The sooner you die, the happier you'll be. This is indeed Allah's mercy to you, freeing you from this miserable world :D

So lets start praying for every single person in this world to die quickly. :D

"So lets start praying for every single person in this world to die quickly"

Can we change this to just ppl that believe in an after life, the rest of us want to get the most out of life here on earth.