Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TRUSTAR

Suprise 4 Him

Salam

I just wanted to know if men that wear silver rings can have Islamic writing on the inside? It's just i bought a wedding ring for my other half and he wanted the shahadah written on the inside of the ring, and i wana suprise him with it..if it's allowed!

Thank you Assalamu alaikum

PropellerAds

Assalamu alikeum

hey mashallah sis on your upcoming marriage and may you and him live in long lasting happiness.

I read the threads that you and your husband/future husband had written about your struggle to get married (you being asian, him being white). I take it your that same sister, unless im wrong (if so, i apoligise now and ignore this part lol). What made your family change their minds if you dont mind me asking, because i remember reading (from what your other half said and you as well) that your family were dead set and even stopped you from going to work?

Anyways to answer your origanal question (which i deivated from lol), you cant really have the name of Allah s.w.t on clothes, rings etc. I know they exist but the the problem is that many people wear them whilst going into the loo, which your not allowed to do. Its unlikely that he'd remember to take off the ring everytime that he goes to the bathroom.

So whilst having the shahadah sounds nice wouldnt be a great idea because invetiably you would have to put Allah s.w.t name on it.

However you can have other writing on it.

How about having in arabic : I am a believer (of Islam)

I am a muslim

Or how about a line in english (or even arabic) like :

"My soul mate in this life and the next" - Its got the relgious element to it but also the expression of your love.

I mean thats just a few suggestions but im sure they could be a load of other words/sayings/phrases in english/arabic which you could to use to signfy religion or/both your marriage without having the issue that would would have with having the name of Allah s.w.t on the ring.

let us know what you think.

Ma'salam

Summer_Girl

salam sister truster!!

wow long time no news, i was womdering what happened to you and PNA???....seems you worked it out between your family!! thats great sister.

Let me know and others how it all came to this.

I agree with sister summer girl about the ring and shahada.

salam

sister in Islam

salam!

thank you 4 ur replies... il try n not make it obvious and ask him wot he thinks! well its been hard, sorry it is still really hard... i left home...so my family didnt come round the whole idea, well some members of the family did, but not my mum - the main person. like i said, its very hard dealing with it, but alhumdulillah i am happy with him

Assalamu alaikum

:D

Alhamdualiah though that you are still together. I can only imagine the difficulty that you and him have faced and are still facing. I hope inshallah that your mothers heart softens towards brother PNA01 and your family accept him inshallah.

Take care sis

Summer Girl

salam sister truster,

sorry to hear that it had to go to the extreme of leaving home, but can i ask are you guys married yet? from the post i understand that your not, I apologise if i misunderstood it. How ever my question if your not married who are you living with? with PNA or else where and just waiting to get married.

Hey sister I hope that your mum will come around, at least some family members did so inshallh when the time is right they will/talk and hopefully your mum will be ifne about it.

wasalam

sister in Islam

salam sisters!

i'm livin with a frend at the mo but inshallah we may have someone that will marry us this saturday..kinda nervous about it as i always thought i would have my family at my wedding.

i have tried to speak to mum but it wasn't a very nice conversation...

i have spoken to my younger brother and sisters, miss them so much its unreal :D

i pray that eventually my family, especially my mum will accept our marriage. U know i really c now how much their izaat (dignity) means to them, even at the expense of their own bloods' happiness.

there r so many rumours goin round bout me ii jus getso frustrated! i mean i have never been centre of attention for anything but i am now...and 4 the wrong reasons!lol

i will always miss my family, n of course they will always b in my heart even if i cant c them or speak to them but i have to concerntrate on my new life that involves a very important person...my husband...

(g it feels weird sayin that?!) :D

wasalam