Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hasib

Bomb Blasts In India..

At least 130 people have been killed and 300 injured by seven bombs on the train network in the Indian financial capital Mumbai (Bombay), police say.

The first of the near-simultaneous blasts went off at about 1830 local time (1300 GMT), during the rush hour in the suburbs on the Western Railway.

Correspondents spoke of scenes of pandemonium, with people jumping from trains and bodies flung onto tracks.

There have been a number of bomb attacks in Mumbai in recent years.

The city and the capital Delhi have been put on high alert, and Mumbai's entire rail network has been shut down, stranding hundreds of thousands of commuters.

Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh appealed for calm and described the incidents as a "shocking and cowardly attempt to spread a feeling of hatred".

Pakistani leaders also condemned the blasts as a "despicable act of terrorism".

Police said the co-ordinated blasts took place at Matunga, Khar, Mahim, Jogeshwari, Borivali and Bhayandar, with most on moving trains and two at stations.

Local reports said the bombs appeared to have targeted first-class compartments, as commuters were returning home from the city's financial district.

Full story (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/5169332.stm"]here[/url]

PropellerAds

India's Defense Minister :

" Whoever did this are not normal people ".

Assalamu alaikum

We Indian Muslims condemn this barbaric act. Whoever has done this is harming Islam. His acts are against Quran and Sunnah and against the teachings of our elders. I could not sleep last night. Innocent people who have not done any harm to Islam or muslims were returning tired from a hard working day are targeted. What Islam is these terrorists are following. Have they got a new Quran and Hadeeth books.

shukran

:D

I think they are going to blame Pakistan..................

> Indian Defence Minister : " Whoever did this are not normal people ".

I agree.

> shaidmahmood : "i hope the people who done this get caught... and hung..."

I also agree, that murder is inexcusable.

Ma'a Salama

nasiruddin

India's Defense Minister :

Assalam Alaikum

Yah! he is right.. they are truly not normal beings :D

May Allah (SWT) put them on the right path.. Ameen

As a Pakistani muslim I also strongly condemn this act of wanton butchery. Whoever these people are, the only God they believe in is a god of blood and terror. Sadly I too feel that the Indian govt will use it as a pretext to pressurise Pakistan and that elements such as CM Modi in Gujrat (the architect of the Gujrat riots in which thousands of muslims were killed) will use it as a pretext for further mayhem and murder. Sadly all the blood that has been spilled will only lead to more and more destruction. Therefore, the people who carried out this action have already won.

Indian Authorities suspect an Islamic student group , as responsible for the bombings .

Kashmiri militants deny Mumbai train attacks

Source: The Guardian

Two of the main Muslim militant groups operating in Kashmir today denied involvement in yesterday's train attacks in Mumbai, which killed at least 183 people and injured some 700.

Security sources in India have said the seven synchronised bombings were likely to have been carried out by militants connected to one or more of the dozens of armed Kashmiri separatist groups.

However, a spokesman purporting to be from one of the most prominent groups, Lashkar-e-Taiba, denied any role in the bombings of the crowded trains and train stations which brought devastation to India's financial hub during evening rush hour.

It was unclear how seriously security forces would take the denials.

The investigation was continuing today with police inspecting wrecked carriages for clues. A series of raids had been carried out in the city and wider state, and a senior police officer said this morning they had some "leads".

The apparent denial from Lashkar-e-Taiba came from a man calling himself "Doctor Ghaznavi" who made telephone calls to newspaper offices in Srinagar, the summer capital of Indian Kashmir.

The caller condemned the attacks, describing them as "inhuman and barbaric acts". He went on: "Islam does not permit the killing of innocent people. Blaming LeT for such inhuman acts is an attempt by the Indian security agencies to defame Kashmiri mujahideens."

Another leading Kashmiri group, Hizb-ul-Mujahideen, denounced the bomb attacks as "outrageous", saying it abhorred the killing of civilians. Reuters reported the group's spokesman, Ehsan Elahi, saying from Islamabad: "Attacks on civilians are not part of our manifesto. We never carried out such attacks nor will allow anyone to do so."

Lashkar-e-Taiba has been blamed for several major attacks in India in recent years, including bomb blasts in New Delhi in October last year which killed more than 60 people. The blasts in Mumbai came hours after suspected Islamist militants killed eight people, seven of them tourists, in five grenade attacks in Srinagar.

Kashmir is divided between India and Pakistan and both countries claim the region in full. The nuclear rivals have fought two wars over the Himalayan territory where more than 45,000 people have been killed in the Muslim separatist revolt since 1989. New Delhi accuses Pakistan of helping the insurgency and allowing militant groups to shelter on its territory but Islamabad denies the charge and condemned yesterday's attacks.

This morning in Mumbai, many nervous residents were back using the resumed train service, although some preferred to use the crowded roads.

The cheaper compartments were as busy as usual, with many travellers hanging from the doorways of the crowded carriages. Around 6 million people use the trains every day in the city.

Brijesh Ojha, a 35-year-old security guard, was back today at dawn at the Bandra station, one of the sites of yesterday's blasts, getting ready to board a train that hours earlier he had vowed never to ride again.

"Our trust has been shattered, we had always thought trains were safe," said Mr Ojha, who, along with thousands of others, spent last night pulling bloodied bodies from the twisted wreckage.

"But what can we do - in this city, trains are the lifeline," said Mr Ojha, the Associated Press reported.

Some passengers praised the spirit of the residents of the city of 16 million in a time of crisis.

Deepa Kumar, who commutes more than an hour each way to her office in the city centre, said people from all walks of life - from the city's wealthy elite to its poor shanty dwellers - reached out to help each other.

"Complete strangers were carrying the injured in their cars, not minding that their fancy leather car seats were getting bloodied," she said. "It's at times like this that I believe this city shows it has a heart."

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.guardian.co.uk/india/story/0,,1818564,00.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.guardian.co.uk/india/story/0,,1818564,00.html[/url]

Assalamu alaikum

What Islam is these terrorists are following. Have they got a new Quran and Hadeeth books.

Apparently they do . And it is the same as Kasmir , London , Madrid ,Africa and 9/11 .

Perhaps someone should advise these people that they are reading from "a new book " .....no ?

:D/Peace To All

Anti-Terror Squad Says 'Big Power' Behind Mumbai Train Bombs

Courtesy Of: ABC Radio Australia

Australian Broadcasting Corporation

12/07/2006

The head of the anti-terrorist squad investigating Mumbai's train bombings says a "big power" was behind the well-coordinated operation.

More than 180 people died in the seven blasts that targeted the city's train network.

Hundreds of people were wounded.

The explosions hit within minutes of each other during the Tuesday evening rush hour.

The police anti-terrorism squad chief K. P. Raghuvanshi says it was a well-coordinated operation and it seems some big power was behind it.

Forensic experts are examining timers found near the scene of the seven blasts, six of them in first-class compartments, that happened little more than 10 minutes apart.

Officials say they have not yet identified any group behind the blasts, and no group has yet come forward to claim responsibility.

The rest of the article can be read here:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_abc.com.au/ra/news/stories/s1685154.htm"]Australian Broadcasting Corp.[/url]

For some reason when I reply back to maako i get a Doc not found error but i can reply back to anyone else.... I do agree with Maako on one thing, everytime some thing like this happens and if an Islamic terrorist group is involved, the first thing out of everyone's mouth is this is not Islam, they are not following it correctly or whatever other excuse we have, then what are these people following? What book are they reading, are so many of these people wrong or do they take the book too literelly? I know christians who take the bible literally and they have some kooki ideas.

I hope the families of these victims will go on and become stronger.

Peace

Assalamu alaikum

Brother Curiousbud should understand these acts are act of a few and they can be counted easily. The majority of ummah is condemning it because it is not party to these acts.

Just think if billions of muslims start following what these few are doing, then what will be the status of this world. Will the world exist?

shukran

Assalam Alaikum

May Allah (SWT) give us taufeeq to understand the Quran & Sunnah.

May these lives rest in peace.. Ameen

Assalamu Alaikum,

brothers i was the one nearest to the spot i was at khar but not at station though nearby it, i know at that time how many people travel(not less than 200 in one compatrment) but the goverment says only 140 approximately died but it is not right.

And the reason who did it was just two days before on sunday a political party in India namely "Shiv Saina" has started a riot at Dadar and went till parel but was stopped soon.

And why they started the riot was the murty(statue) of wife of Bal thackery(political leader) was made dirty by throwing some mud on it by somebody.

And after two days the bomb blast...

Could be anything...

Edited by tranquil

Wait...are we talking about aliens here? :D

Can't be Pakiz right caz Pakiz and Indians squash the beef already.

Can't be muslims caz the target wasn't a religious institution.

It could a local since mumbai has lots of gangsters ( reference= bollywood movies)

hence it's probably a Bhai trying to legitimize a big Supari.

Either that or our green friends from another planet.

( apologies to the people who are linguistically challenged in recognizing subcontinental ebonics and tapori-hood) :D

peace

( apologies to the people who are linguistically challenged in recognizing subcontinental ebonics and tapori-hood) :D

peace

Well well well, I never would have thought you were bhailog illogical!!!

I do agree with Maako on one thing, everytime some thing like this happens and if an Islamic terrorist group is involved, the first thing out of everyone's mouth is this is not Islam, they are not following it correctly or whatever other excuse we have

Peace

We say that because it's true. These people are followers of Islam as much as the Crusaders were obeying the teachings of Jesus (PBUH) when they butchered Jerusalem.

Ahmed_Sharif is correct in what he says because while the violent actions of what is less than 1% of the muslim ummah are very high profile, the remaining 99% gets tarred with the same brush. If Osama's message had actually been recieved by the muslims at large the world would be a cinder right now.