Islamic Forum
Atia

Islam in IRAN!!!

Salamualaikum

Anybody live there??? whats it like? is it really an 'islamic state'?

i'm so interested in the culture cause i've seen tons of iranian movies

plus thats the only tv we get here. lol

PropellerAds

:D

I'm also curious. I just read an article in a US magazine and there was this missile display with the picture of some Islamic leader on it...it said "(Insert his name here) Keeps Us Alive!" and that doesn't seem in line with the teachings of Islam...but what do I know, I'm a revert :D

I also wonder about all the pictures of Imams/Ayatollahs/Mullahs (excuse me if i sound ignorant but all these terms get thrown around here in the USA when referring to the leaders of Iran) because I thought putting up images in general, and giant ones of leaders in particular, is Haram because it's like idol worship...

again, excuse me if i sound ignorant because I'm learning... :D

Anyway, I want Iran to stay strong and not succumb to US Pressure about nukes. If israel and the USA have them, I think it's ok for Iran & North Korea too. They can't do anything with them unless it's Allah's will :P

:P

AS

Are you referring to the minority there who follow the sunnah in accordance to the understanding of the sahaba, their students, and their students' students, i.e. first three generations?

Edited by ummammaar

Are you referring to the minority there who follow the sunnah in accordance to the understanding of the sahaba, their students, and their students' students, i.e.  first three generations?

Sorry ukhti but i'm uncertain who you're talking to :D I will pipe down if it's not me though :D

AS

The question was intended for Atia. Sorry for the ambiguity.

Edited by ummammaar

Are you referring to the minority there who follow the sunnah in accordance to the understanding of the sahaba, their students, and their students' students, i.e.  first three generations?

i think i'm referring to the main people that live there. so yea the shia and the generation right now but i don't want this to turn into a huge sunni-shia discussion!!!

And if america and israel can have weapons then everybody can too. but i think they are haram and

thats also what the grand ayatollah khomeini also believes.

I understand sis Atia. I was just curious, and like you, I don't want it to turn into arguments either. :D

I lived there. One of the most beautiful places in the world and the people are some of the most hospitable ones you could ever meet. Rich of culture and history.

But sadly the rulers and their followers are way corrupt :D (Like any other ruler in the middle east) They do what ever they want in the name of Islam. And the people are getting fed up... just sad

...And the people are getting fed up...

Sounds like the United States...and pretty much everywhere, come to think of it. I think we are reaching the boiling point and are on the verge of change. The internet is over-powering media control of the population...and the masses are hearing about Islam more than ever. Insha'Allah the time is coming for a Muslim majority on this planet, Insha'Allah.

AS

Sounds like the United States...and pretty much everywhere, come to think of it.  I think we are reaching the boiling point and are on the verge of change.  The internet is over-powering media control of the population...and the masses are hearing about Islam more than ever.  Insha'Allah the time is coming for a Muslim majority on this planet, Insha'Allah.

AS

Yeh but the Internet is a flip sided coin, you have to understand although it offers alternative media, it also keeps people marginalized and atomized, if you keep people in front of their tube there's no hope of collective activism.

Iran has always stayed strong culturally. People are also friendly

assalamualaikum

Iam surprised and sad that there are very few iranians here.....I mean i think they are 3rd majority in Orkut("you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.orkut(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]ORKUT[/url])(a social friends circle)....when i use to frequent there i could see iranians everywhere but here i have found none..... i think they are very active on the net

Asalamalikom brothers and sisters...

I have personaly visited Iran and have been to Mashhad, their so called holy city because the grave of one of their Imams (Imam Reza) is there and they have spent millions and millions to built that ziarat, they are still spending on that. since my hotel was very close to that ziarat so i would go there a lot usually just to pass like from one part to another part as it's very large in size. in their walls you can see it's written that this haram is cleaner than the Kabba. people believe that if you are sick or have some wish, you tie yourself to one of the walls of the ziarat and in 40 days your wish will come true or you will be healty. in the whole city no one says Allah when they need something or they want to start something, they all say either ya Ali or ya Imam Reza. their knowledge about the prophet PBUH and his life is very low.

in the whole city there is one single Masjid for Sunni and that won't room more than 20 people in it. if you ask from anyone about sunni, they will say they are kafirs as they are thought so.

continued...

...in compare with other muslim countries ,their Iman is too weak. they have their own ways of things like when they wozo, they won't wash their feet which is a Farz in Islam, they pray 4 or some of them 3 times a day and that also all at once.

the worst thing i saw which was very common among them is Seigha. like a man goes to one of their so called mullah and he has a bunch of widow or divorced women with him, then you choose one of them and pay some money to that mullah, then you will be married with that woman but only for a specific time and once the time is expired that woman will take his cloths and leave you. if after the expired time you try to stop her, that will be haram for you or you will have to go to that same mullah pay him more money and make a new contract. they say that our prophet has done the same thing and his sahabi also did the same thing so it's a sunnah...

these are the few major actions i saw there which is very common there... there are lots of other things which will shock you... as i was there in Ashora too, the way they hit themselves, the things they do, it was just something very new for me.

if there is any shia muslim reading this, can you plz explain what do real shia people believe in cuz things like this can be found in other sects too... like most sunni people also mix their old traditions and Islam together.

wa salaam

I think it's cultural actually...but i dunno much bout shia..

neways...

How come iranians have like pics of the ayatullah in their homes..isn't that unislamic. We need another ayatullah now...do you agree?

My cousins told me that some iranians treat Kalif Ali as a prophet or god or sumthin like that...is that true?

Also on the BBC there was about transexuals in Iran. It's taboo but they're saying it's ok once you've decided on your sex...which is complete ## cause Islam does not at all tolerate transexualism...

just curious, I know that we are talking about religioun etc. but i'm wondering how strong is their army?and how big is it? I know there has been many rumours that they are the next country to get invaded by America, would Iran be strong enough to defend thamself?

the worst thing i saw which was very common among them is Seigha. like a man goes to one of their so called mullah and he has a bunch of widow or divorced women with him, then you choose one of them and pay some money to that mullah, then you will be married with that woman but only for a specific time and once the time is expired that woman will take his cloths and leave you. if after the expired time you try to stop her, that will be haram for you or you will have to go to that same mullah pay him more money and make a new contract. they say that our prophet has done the same thing and his sahabi also did the same thing so it's a sunnah...

WWWWHHHHAATTTTTTTT :D

Guest amani

just a reminder that this is about Islam in iran and sect topics are not allowed. please refer "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showforum=309"]here [/url] for such topics. :D

Assalamu alaikum sis amani.

Pls dont get me wrong, i didnt seems to get your last direction.

How could we speak abt Islam in iran wihtout speaking abt the shia-sunni differences.

We all know iran is the only state, where Shites have managed to influence their theology. Irrespective of what their theology instructs, all Iran has done come to the coonclusion that shite theology agrees with them. Now how can we avoid that ?!

When you mean,'Islam in Iran', are you referring only to 'Sunni Muslim and their Islam in Iran' or do yout hink, there might be some muslims even in Shite school of thought ?!

Somebody who is knowledgable in this issue, pls advise.

Munthasir

Assalamu alaikum

Sorry to intervene.

We are happy if the weapns produced by Iran are targeted against the enemies of Islam.

But to say that Iranians follow true Islam is not correct.

We must know that there is a ban in the country to keep names like Ayesha, Abu Bakr, Omar, Uthman. Regularly the companions of Prophet SAS are being abused. In Tehran there is Sunni population of 1 million, but Sunnis are not allowed to construct there own Masjid and give the deserved respect the companions.

Then what Islam is being followed

Shukran

also anyone following the elections in Iran? was watching news today and it seems like some religious young leader has won, anyone know anything about him?

Assalamu alaikum

Sorry to intervene.

We are happy if the weapns produced by Iran are targeted against the enemies of Islam.

But to say that Iranians follow true Islam is not correct.

We must know that there is a ban in the country to keep names like Ayesha, Abu Bakr, Omar, Uthman. Regularly the companions of Prophet SAS are being abused. In Tehran there is Sunni population of 1 million, but Sunnis are not allowed to construct there own Masjid and give the deserved respect the companions.

Then what Islam is being followed

Shukran

walaikum salaam Bro.sharif !

I wonder, did you see the link posted by sis amani, before making this statement.

That page gives clear idea of what is shia and what is not ?

How abt fatwa of Al azhar grand imam on shite school of thought by 1959 ?

Moderators of this forum wouldnt like this thread to be used as shia-sunni conflict. So, if u have to say something in reply, Pls write to me in pvt.

COcnerning Ahmednejadi (Ah-maadi-najd), he was Mayor of tehran before running for presidential election, he was known for his anti western stand in relation to nuclear program of Iran.

He thinks, going back to the roots of Iranian revolution is the only chance they can revive the Islamic spirit in their nation. He had been part of revolutionary guards.

THats all i know for now. I have to check with some of my iranian shite friends for more.

Salaam again