Islamic Forum
sakinah014

Education

Assalamu alaykum

Errm im kinda of confused and stuck......I just finished skool n basically i wanna stay home

but ma parents want me to continue with ma education .. going to college than uni but i DONT.

Im not against *Education* or anyfing its just that i know i would be better of home n plus i could

always learn at home. What shud i do??? Any advise wud be great.

Hope i made sense.

Jazakallah khayr

PropellerAds

:D

Have you tried talking to the career's advisor at school?

Sister kindly do not type in slang as per forum rules

It does not matter what you study but getting a higher education is important, especially for a sister.

It is also an important part of Islam, which unfortunatly gets ignored alot of the time.

Narrated AbudDarda': "Kathir ibn Qays said: I was sitting with AbudDarda' in the Masjid of Damascus. A man came to him and said: AbudDarda, I have come to you from the town of the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) for a tradition that I have heard you relate from the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him). I have come for no other purpose.

He said: I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: If anyone travels on a road in search of knowledge, Allah will cause him to travel on one of the roads of Paradise. The angels will lower their wings in their great pleasure with one who seeks knowledge, the inhabitants of the heavens and the Earth and the fish in the deep waters will ask forgiveness for the learned man. The superiority of the learned man over the devout is like that of the moon, on the night when it is full, over the rest of the stars. The learned are the heirs of the Prophets, and the Prophets leave neither dinar nor dirham, leaving only knowledge, and he who takes it takes an abundant portion. (Translation of Sunan Abu-Dawud, Knowledge (Kitab Al-Ilm), Book 25, Number 3634)"

He said: I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: If anyone travels on a road in search of knowledge, Allah will cause him to travel on one of the roads of Paradise.

Assalam Alaikum

Brother, doesn't it means Knowledge of Islam, not anyother knowledge ??

Pls, kindly clear my point - I'm Confused :D

Pls, try to give me the reference from Quran or Sunnah..

Jazaak Allah Khair

Maybe a brother or sister smarter then I can help me if I make a mistake, but I belive that particular hadith was reffering to general knowleage, of course Knowleage of Islam is Also very important as well.

"According to Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah, Ibn Abbas (Allah be pleased with him) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (S) said: A single scholar of religion is more formidable against shaytaan than a thousand devout persons."

I shamelessly coppied :D the first haith from here: (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.answering-christianity(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/education.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.answering-christianity(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/education.htm[/url]

Generally I find www.answering-christianity(contact admin if its a beneficial link) to be a reputable site.

Hope that helped

Assalam ALaikum

I will be glad if someone clears my Point of view on this Hadeeth clearly..

Narrated AbuHurayrah: "The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If anyone acquires knowledge of things by which Allah's good pleasure is sought, but acquires it only to get some worldly advantage, he will not experience the arf, i.e. the odour, of Paradise. (Translation of Sunan Abu-Dawud, Knowledge (Kitab Al-Ilm), Book 25, Number 3656)"

Jazaak Allah KHair for clearing my doubts brother Omar :D

Assalam ALaikum

I will be glad if someone clears my Point of view on this Hadeeth clearly..

Narrated AbuHurayrah: "The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If anyone acquires knowledge of things by which Allah's good pleasure is sought, but acquires it only to get some worldly advantage, he will not experience the arf, i.e. the odour, of Paradise. (Translation of Sunan Abu-Dawud, Knowledge (Kitab Al-Ilm), Book 25, Number 3656)"

Jazaak Allah KHair for clearing my doubts brother Omar :D

Jazakallah for your replies....

Salamz

I vote for Higher Education.

We can't calculate the impact of No education because not knowing

what's there to miss it's easy to draw a wrong conclusion and make the worng decision. Just think rationally.... or Flip a coin :D

Heads and you Listen to your parents and

Tails , You continue with the studies.

Or you can do both if u like :D

I recall a hadith which states that " For sake of Higher Education one should walk to China if that's what it takes" (I wonder how would it help if already Live there:unsure:)

Anyways good luck :D

Peace

Edited by llogical

Assalamu alaikum

I recall a hadith which states that " For sake of Higher Education one should walk to China if that's what it takes" (I wonder how would it help if already Live there:unsure:)

Anyways good luck :D

Peace

That 'hadith' (seek knowledge even if it takes you to China) has been deemed a fake. Nevertheless, the moral of the saying is still there. Prophet Muhammed(peace be upon him) is reported to have said: Seek knowledge from the cradle to the grave.

May i ask the topic starter, what will you be doing if not studying? If you aren't going to be doing anything worthwhile, then give higher education a shot. The qualifications you can acquire may play to your advantage later on in life. :D

Ma'assalama