Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
anthony19832005

Taleban Pre-2001 Invasion

This is just what I could find in 5 minutes of searching. :-). Just to clear some misconceptions about the taleban.

Source:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/597730.stm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/597730.stm[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/882587.stm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/882587.stm[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/1336495.stm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/1336495.stm[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/1337774.stm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/1337774.stm[/url]

Here are some excerpts:

Taleban religious police have closed down an Italian-funded hospital in Afghanistan because the male and female staff were reported to be eating together.

Reports say armed members of the religious police entered the hospital in the Afghan capital and beat up the staff during a lunch break.

The hospital patients have now been discharged.

Male and female staff are apparently segregated by a curtain in the dining room, according to hospital members.

Taleban soldier

The hospital treated victims of the war

But reports quoted witnesses saying the religious police accused male hospital staff of dining with female colleagues.

"The religious police entered the hospital while we were having our lunch, scattered around and ordered us not to move, and then they started beating and harassing the staff," the AFP news agency quoted a witness as saying.

Women have to be veiled from head-to-toe, and are banned from schools and from most outdoor jobs.

Enforcing the strict regulations is the Ministry for Fostering Virtue and Suppressing Vice, which is directly under the Taleban supreme leader, Mullah Mohammad Omar.

The Taleban have ordered the United Nations to close down bakeries run by women in the Afghan capital, Kabul.

The bakeries sell subsidised bread to 7,000 of the capital's poorest women.

At the start of last month the Taleban issued an edict banning foreign agencies from employing any Afghan women outside the health sector.

The UN had been hoping the bakeries would also be exempt.

When the Taleban took power here in 1996 they banned all women from working.

That left begging and charity as the only options left for women who had no male relatives to support them.

UN project

There are tens of thousands of widows in Kabul alone, a result of two decades of war.

women in burqa

Severe restrictions are imposed on women in Afghanistan

The UN set up its widow's bakeries specifically to provide for such women.

Earlier in the week members of the Taleban religious police had visited some of the bakeries, threatening individuals with beatings if they did not close.

Now there is a direct order from the Taleban Ministry of Planning that they must shut down.

Thumbs Up for the Taleban on this one. Real nice.

PropellerAds

:D

I can add : They made it illegal that women are to be treated by male doctors, but also blocked women from schools. Hence no female doctors in the future. What genius was behind that plan?

I think everyone here knows my stance concerning the Taleban and I haven't to articulate my disgust further.

Ma'a Salama

nasiruddin

In Taleban-controlled areas - about 90% of the country - women are not allowed to work; they may not leave their homes unless covered from head to toe in the burqa or chadary and accompanied by a close male relative; girls' schools have been closed.

Capital distress

The situation in Kabul is particularly bad. The Taleban is tougher on the cities which, it believes, have been contaminated by western values.

I visited a family of middle class women who now live as virtual prisoners in their tiny flat

The younger girls cannot go to school. The older women - both teachers - have no work.

None of them can move around the city freely - they are in despair.

The economic consequences of the ban on women working is especially evident in the capital where female beggars can be seen everywhere.

Many of them are widows, left with children to support after years of war.

Edited by anthony19832005

Assalam Alaikum

I couldn't understand your point of view by posting these articles here..

So you think tht now USA govt. is doing good in Afghanistan ?? By having Afghan fashion shows etc.. I understand tht Taleban was bad but atleast better thn USA.. You should put some light on recent NEWS of Afghanistan by USA rather putting some articles PAST of Taleban..

Wht misconceptions you want us to clear??

Brother, pls do let me know..

No Offence please!!

Jazaak Allah KHair

So you think tht now USA govt. is doing good in Afghanistan ?? By having Afghan fashion shows etc.. I understand tht Taleban was bad but atleast better thn USA.. You should put some light on recent NEWS of Afghanistan by USA rather putting some articles PAST of Taleban..

This thread is about the Taleban, not the USA government. There are enough threads on the USA government, and if you wish you can also start a new one.

Peace

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.rawa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/beating.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.rawa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/beating.htm[/url]

Look what "security" meant under the Taliban government. This sick regime treated women worse than the USA treated their black minority.

Ma'a Salama

nasiruddin

Edited by nasiruddin

Look what "security" meant under the Taliban government. This sick regime treated women worse than the USA treated their black minority.

Yes , you give me four photos of the same man and present it as the whole Taliban.

In that way i could give you four photos of Rodney King being beaten by the US police and present the arguement that every Policeman in the US is like this.

As for Rawa , they have shown themselves to be a political organisation with an agenda which is distinctly pro-western.

Taliban did not deny women education or jobs. I KNOW Afghan Brothers who lived under the Taliban and described it. Also many good Muslim writes like Abidullah Jan went to Afghanitan and saw himself many female professionals , including doctors.

The best source of info about the Taliban would be the interview one of their ministers gave before the war. I hope someone has it as i cant find it but it explained clearly their position.

I will never be supportive or appreciative of the Taliban's stay in Afghanistan. My family and friends know first hand what living under the Taliban rule was like. My female relatives wouldnt leave the house, they couldnt go to school! My cousin had such high aspirations. She wanted to be a doctor. Do you know how it feels to see your cousin have tears streaming down her face, telling you her dreams were crushed there, under the Taliban rule?

With women not receiving a education, you just cut half the population out of the economy. A country's most precious resource is its people. Ingnorance only perpetuates ignorance. How can you serve the needs of all the people when you forbid half of them to learn something. Didn't the Prophet(Peace and Blessings be upon him)say, "The aquisition of knowledge is incumbent on every muslim." That includes women.

The way that the Taliban preached Islam was not right. They would drag a brother off the street saying it was time for prayer, he has to go to the Masjid! Little does he know that the brother just prayed in Jamaat a few minutes ago. The Prophet(Peace and Blessings be upon him) would always look for the best in people and not assume anything without solid proof. This poor man prayed Zuhr 3 times! It can also make people bitter and spiteful. The way you tell someone makes a huge difference. If you were to say,"Brother, its time for prayer. Would you like to join us at the masjid and follow the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammed (pbuh)?" OR "Why are you on the street right now?! How dare you not pray to Almighty Allah!" How would you feel if someone accused you of something wrongfully? Many people would purposely go to the masjid, pray, but without wudu, to spite the Talib who was forcing him to the masjid. I know, salat is fardh, and its only hurting you if you dont, but that doesnt mean we cant encourage people in a positive manner.

I think this was the interview with the then taliban minister.

But we do want our women to be educated. We do want them to work. So when we say that there should be segregated schools or segregated schools or segregated education, it does not mean that we are against education of a woman. And we say that women should work apart from men. It doesn’t mean that we are against their work. They do work and they do educate now. The faculty of medical science for women who have started in all those measures is inverted in that.
- SAYED RAHMATULLAH HASHIMI Taliban Envoy

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.pbs(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/newshour/bb/asia/afghanistan/hashimi.html#us"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.pbs(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/newshour/bb/asia/afghan...hashimi.html#us[/url]

if this is the case then why were women arrested for teaching other women how to read? Where were these segragated schools in the time of the Taliban rule?

Asalam alikum,

There is no point to involve in cycles of disscussion again and again, Allah swt will be there on the day of judgement to decide who will be wrong and who will be right, but good to see you bring this topic up AGAIN ONCE MORE TIME, wneh Muslims pace up jihad against foreign forces in Afghanistan, and when every one is disscussing israeli crimes, good.It is good to divert people and show them see, they are doing right because muslims are that bad. Good work, I appreciate that. I hope you can ever start a topic with such research and ethusiaem against crimes of americans and jews, after all you are against crminals and brutal people, aren't you?

I hope you can ever meet a Taliban.

if this is the case then why were women arrested for teaching other women how to read?

source plz

sorry i forgot that.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.rawa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/nbc.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.rawa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/nbc.htm[/url]

rawa? NBC? why should i Believe this crap when a serving Taliban has something totally different to that?

And every one can see the rise of Taliban attacks and their number after 6 years of Americ an invasion, hundreds of Operations against Taliban and last 6 years, killing them, bombing them, putting them in jail, and STILL, after 6 years, they emerge again, it is clear that local people are with them, only a stupid can believe that a movement rise again after 6 years without support of local people, so why they are supporting Taliban if they are that brutal?

Or yeay, anthony, they may be pointing guns on the heads of the civilians to fight with them, isn't it? lol , or may be some people are jumping from sky to increase their number, lol.

Asalam Likum,

I live in pakistan, I can see , meet, talk with hundreds of people who visited afghanistan, who were there under the rule of Taliban, who fought with Taliban, who live under them, who worked there, who are still working there,

so don't tell me who Taliban are, or what they did. My Answer is, wait for the day of judgement.

Or yeay, anthony, they may be pointing guns on the heads of the civilians to fight with them, isn't it? lol , or may be some people are jumping from sky to increase their number, lol.

The United States had little trouble finding Afghani help in ousting the Taliban either. Also, many of the Taliban soldiers were not even from Afghanistan, but Pakistan and other nations.

It is good to divert people and show them see, they are doing right because muslims are that bad. Good work, I appreciate that.

Just because one is not a supporter of the Taliban does not mean that they support the United States either. How do you ever expect the Muslim world to get better when you argue that Muslim flaws should never be spoken of?

I hope you can ever start a topic with such research and ethusiaem against crimes of americans and jews, after all you are against crminals and brutal people, aren't you

There are plenty of such threads. And I have started some of them. I also have friends from afghanistan and they told me what it was like in detail.

Peace

Assalam Alaikum

Thnx Anthony for reminding me tht :D

May Allah (SWT) bless us all