Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
~Mu'MiNaH~

Gender Sections

Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatahu

I pray this reaches you in the best of health and iman.

It has come to my attention that before entering the private sections, the password to enter is visible. This troubles me for several reasons.

No.1 Anyone can enter these sections

No.2 Sisters/Brothers who want to talk about senstive issues may not feel comfortable doing so

No.3 It isn't really a private section

No.4 I do not see what purpose it serves if anyone can enter. Wouldn't it just be like any of the other sections?

Other forums have systems where you cannot enter this section unless you have been given permission by the mods of that section. And members have to have a certain number of posts before being allowed to apply for access. And this is for the safety and benfit of the members of that section.

Feel free to accept by suggestion, or reject it. :D

Wa alaykum salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatahu

PropellerAds

Assalamu Alaikum Mu'MiNaH, It is nice to have you here. May Allah bless you with good health and Iman too, ameen.

It has come to my attention that before entering the private sections, the password to enter is visible. This troubles me for several reasons.

We are aware of this. The members know that they are not supposed to enter the opposite gender room. They enter at their own risk.

No.1 Anyone can enter these sections

Yes, anyone can enter these rooms, but they will be doing so knowingly and when caught they are banned. The forum trusts the brothers and sisters to respect the rules. Ia any member notices a person of the opposite gender in the gender room they should report the person right away and action is taken against them.

No.2 Sisters/Brothers who want to talk about senstive issues may not feel comfortable doing so

In the gender rooms, there is a special sensitive issues room, which is highly protected, if a sister or brother wishes to discuss a sensitive issue they go to that room, and post their issue, except for the support team and the person who made the post, thae questions are invisible to others. So this is the place if you want to put your sensitive issue.

No.3 It isn't really a private section

You are right that's why when you go in the sister's room, it tells you right on top there to be careful what you post as it is not completely private, and to post private issues in the sensitive issues room.

No.4 I do not see what purpose it serves if anyone can enter. Wouldn't it just be like any of the other sections?

After reading my replies above you probably can see the reason behind it, and also that there is a special room within the gender room which is as secure as it can be.

Feel free to accept by suggestion, or reject it.

JazaakAllahu Khairan for the concern and the suggestions, much appreciated, and I hope the answers satisfy you inshaAllah. I am sure the other Moderators can add and explain better.

Wa alaykum salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatahu

Take care, Assalamu Alaikum, your sis. umAhmad.