Islamic Forum
bluesky

The New Seven Wonders Of The World!

With the name of Allah (swt) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continously Merciful

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

&&&&&&

The New Seven Wonders of the World!!

1- Why is it a nun can be covered from head to toe and she's

respected for devoting herself to God, but when a Muslim woman does that, she's "oppressed"?

2- Why is it a Jew can grow a beard and he's just practicing his faith, and when a Muslim does that, he's an extremist?

3- Why when a Western woman stays at home to look after the house and kids she's sacrificing herself and doing good for the household, but when a Muslim woman does so, she "needs to be liberated"?

4- Why is it that when a child dedicates himself to a subject, he has potential, and when a child dedicates himself to Islam, he is hopeless?

5- Why is it when a Christian kills someone, religion is not mentioned, (i.e., the IRA and Timothy Mc Veigh) but when a Muslim is charged with a crime, it's Islam that goes to trial?

6- Why is it adultery, prostitution and even homosexuality are

considered just sexual freedom in the West and when it is said that in Islam , man has the right to marry more than one wife, it is considered disgusting polygamy?

7- But then again, Why is it after all that Islam is still the fastest

growing religion in the world?

( source: website )

NB : Rendered invisible by Sis Zabrina until poster updated the source 17/7/2006

PropellerAds

:D / Peace to all,

:D for sharing...

Sis Zabrina

NB : I moved this thread from Why Did They Revert To Islam to General Chat on 17/7/2006

Assalam Alaikum

Jazaak Allah Khair for sharing :D

Asalamualakum

I have heard this a dozens of times yet I never get tired of reading it :D

Asalamualakum

I have heard this a dozens of times yet I never get tired of reading it :D

Salamz

Where are the wonders? :D

Peace

:D

stop acting silly illogical :D , they're mentioned in the 1st post

5- Why is it when a Christian kills someone, religion is not mentioned, (i.e., the IRA and Timothy Mc Veigh) but when a Muslim is charged with a crime, it's Islam that goes to trial?

Don't you understand why? If I killed my neighbour because he was black and I was white, it would be a racist crime. If I killed my neighbour because he was muslim and I was christian then I would be a christian nutcase murderer, commiting a religiously motivated crime. If I kill a westener in solarity with my muslim brothers then is this not a "murder" motivated by my belief in Islam?

The IRA are religiously motivated in some ways but it is Christian against Christian, like the sectarian violence in Iraq.

I don't see how you don't get this. I would only complain at the phrase Islamic terrorism if it was used in ignorance to mean that all muslims are terrosists.

Don't you understand why? If I killed my neighbour because he was black and I was white, it would be a racist crime. If I killed my neighbour because he was muslim and I was christian then I would be a christian nutcase murderer, commiting a religiously motivated crime. If I kill a westener in solarity with my muslim brothers then is this not a "murder" motivated by my belief in Islam?

The IRA are religiously motivated in some ways but it is Christian against Christian, like the sectarian violence in Iraq.

I don't see how you don't get this. I would only complain at the phrase Islamic terrorism if it was used in ignorance to mean that all muslims are terrosists.

Wow that is an exemplary display of logic... Black man/white man kills a white man/black man and it's a racist crime??? not necesarily. How did you arrive at this conclusion.

Yet you've just tarnished all coloured and non colured murderers, christian murderers and muslim murderers with the same brush. Not ALL murderers are racist if they murder someone of another colour and not all murderers are terrorists if they kill someone of another religion... This might seem petty but i'm just pointing out the fact that you seem to have contradicted yourself...

Boomboom,

Read again Liberte wrote:

If I killed my neighbour because he was black and I was white, it would be a racist crime.

If a white man killed a black man and reason he killed the black man was because he was black, that most certainly would be a racist crime.

I am assuming you misread what Liberte wrote because it is quite obvious that he is describing a racist crime.

Thank you Livius for jumping to my defence. You are correct about what my post meant of course. In fact it is pretty obvious.

If a white man kills a black man because he hates black people then it is a racist murder. If a racist kills a black man in a situation where he would have killed a white man anyway then it is just a murder that happens to have been commited by a racist.

Anyway my point was about Islamic terror, a muslim terrorist isn't just a terrorist who happens to be muslim. Generally Islamic terror is commited by people hiding behind their faith and using that to justify it.

With the name of Allah (swt) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continously Merciful

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

&&&&&&

{ I wrote this letter in a daily . I m giving here few lines }

Dear Jounalist; if u want to relate religion with crime , do it always . Not only when the alleged criminal is Muslim.

Why ? Most of the time , the press does n't mention the criminal's religion when s/he is a non-Muslim? We never put :D the blame on any specific religion or Holy Book for what Hitler did.

when any Jew or Christian commits a crime , then we don't think they are inspired by the Old Testament that says, ' Save alive Notheing' and ' nor shew mercy unto them'.

When any Jew or Christian commits a crime

Bluesky,

You are comparing two different things.

The so called "Islamic Terrorists" that are reported in the news are doing their work in the name of Islam. If someone were to commit a crime and say they were doing it in the name of Christianity or Judaism then that would be reported. In fact it happened a few years ago when the news constantly reported on a "Fundamentalist Christian" terrorist who was killing doctors who gave abortions.

You cannot compare someone who kills someone for money or passion with someone who kills someone in the name of religion.

If a Christian killed his girlfriend then his religion would not be important to the news story, but if someone set off a bomb and then claimed they were doing it for Islam then their religion is important. You did not see Timothy McVeigh using religion to justify his actions, but you do see Bin Laden and his ilk claim they are doing what they do because they are Muslim.

Do you see the difference?

Bluesky,

You are comparing two different things.

The so called "Islamic Terrorists" that are reported in the news are doing their work in the name of Islam. If someone were to commit a crime and say they were doing it in the name of Christianity or Judaism then that would be reported. In fact it happened a few years ago when the news constantly reported on a "Fundamentalist Christian" terrorist who was killing doctors who gave abortions.

You cannot compare someone who kills someone for money or passion with someone who kills someone in the name of religion.

If a Christian killed his girlfriend then his religion would not be important to the news story, but if someone set off a bomb and then claimed they were doing it for Islam then their religion is important. You did not see Timothy McVeigh using religion to justify his actions, but you do see Bin Laden and his ilk claim they are doing what they do because they are Muslim.

Do you see the difference?

:D Please read this post carefully everyone who is annoyed about the phrase muslim terrorist or Islamic terror! If you cannot understand why you are slightly mistaken from reading this then I don't think Livius or myself should bother trying to convince you!

PLEASE PLEASE, read it slowly and think through it carefully as I know we often gloss over what other people are saying!

:D Please read this post carefully everyone who is annoyed about the phrase muslim terrorist or Islamic terror! If you cannot understand why you are slightly mistaken from reading this then I don't think Livius or myself should bother trying to convince you!

PLEASE PLEASE, read it slowly and think through it carefully as I know we often gloss over what other people are saying!

I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan

(devil) the cursed, the rejected.

&&&&&&

Press can make fun of Prophet Muhammed (p) , it's their freedom; but they won't publish cartoon of Prophet Jesus (p) that they think might hurt the feelings of Christians. Media is religiously so biased , don't u think so ?

In the Old Testament , Prophets Moses & David ( may

peace & blessings of God Almighty be upon them) killed thousands & thousands men , women children. Media NEVER say that Judaism is a religion of violence. But , the same media love to criticise Holy Quran for having only few verses regarding war .

when a priest or Rabbi rapes a kid , Never ever media bash any holy book or holy Prophet but they do bash Prophet Muhammed (p) and put blame on Islam if even any ordinary Muslim allegedly commits any crime. May I now ask u the same question , ' Do you see the difference?'

Before Iraq war , Bush claimed that ' God "instructed me to strike at Saddam." No Press so far put blame on Christianity for this war --based on lies. Just think... any Muslim ruler gets

such revelation for striking other President , what will be the role of mass media ?????? Won't they relate religion with that war ?

No media is saying that Zionists ( not the ordinary Jewish people....they are people of the Holy Book ) are killers because

of OT that says ' Save Alive Nothing'. To kill Muslims babies

is a fun for them but media don't relate those killings with any Holy Book.

Then why when a Muslim is charged with a crime, it's Islam that goes to trial?

But then again, Why is it after all that Islam is still the fastest

growing religion in the world? :D

pl. read the following article & just for one minute ---be a Muslim & think about Zionists killing of Palestinians , Christian's killing of Iraqis and pl. let me know how did u feel ?

Imagine for a moment that you are an Arab

Tuesday, July 01 2003

By Ramzy Baroud

“Why are Arabs always angry?†:D

a reader recently asked me, in a

message filled with sarcasm and thoughtlessness. I refrained from

replying right away, because he seemed little interested in

listening. I couldn’t help but wonder how he might feel if he

himself was an Arab. So, I am writing back ... Imagine for a

moment that you are an Arab.

For years you watch Palestinians being slaughtered, their land

invaded and reinvaded, and for years witnessing the United States

government block any attempt to punish those who aggressed upon

the people whom you call “my peopleâ€.

Not only have the United States’ vetoes at the United Nations

Security Council suffocated any initiative to deploy even unarmed

observers to provide badly needed protection for Palestinians,

but, thanks to billions of annual US funds, israel manages to

expand illegal settlements and provide its army with the greatest

killing machines of all time.

Your human rights are never brought up unless an outside power is

using the subject to inflict political pressure on your ruler.

You’re worth a press release by a human rights group once every

blue moon, a release that no one bothers to read. You simply

matter to no one.

You are an Arab and have been watching Iraq being invaded under

the pretext that it possesses weapons of mass destruction, enough

to annihilate civilization, as we know it.

You are gripped by

fear, not fearing the harm of the alleged weapons, but the

disastrous attack and occupation of a battered country, one that

you often called the center of your civilization.

Then, since you are still an Arab, you watch giant multinational

corporations flood Iraq, to buy and sell its oil without the

consent of its people. In fact, you witness israelis flooding the

“center of your civilizationâ€, seeking cheap oil and demanding

pipelines that would go through their ports.

Meanwhile, israel still holds millions of your Palestinian

brethren hostage to curfews and checkpoints amid the constant

fears of endless deadly strikes and assassinations.

To your surprise, you learn that no weapons of mass destruction

are even found in Iraq. You hear top American officials say that

Saddam might have in fact destroyed his weapons prior to the

invasion. You hear another say Iraq is swimming in oil. You knew

it all along and were shunned when you tried to explain what you

had discovered.

You watch as right wing Christian evangelical missionaries flood

weakened Iraq, vowing to convert your people to a religion that

is not theirs. Others call your prophet a “devil†and your

religion “evil†and demand that your school curriculum change to

fit the agenda of some think-tank 15,000 miles away from your

home, alien to your culture, language and heritage.

You watch your people’s history looted and set ablaze.

You cannot help but notice that American weapons were not only

killing Iraqis, but Palestinians too. You learn that mostly

American made weapons are the ones that claimed the lives of

those Palestinian children you keep seeing on television.

You learned that the man who caused their death, Ariel Sharon has

been granted a new title, “a man of peace†by President George

Bush. You wonder if Bush realizes that Sharon’s last nickname was

the “Bucher of Beirut.â€

You try to escape. You invested in a small satellite dish and

decide to watch mindless entertainment. To your surprise, you and

your people are the hot topic for entertainment. In Hollywood,

you are filthy, smelly, repulsive and backward. You deserve no

respect. You are the bad “Ay-rabâ€, the devious womanizer whose

death in the end of a movie must symbolize a happy ending.

You try to once more escape, this time you run away from

oppression, poverty and your bitter memories. You sneak into

France, to Italy, to Spain, to Australia, to the US. You think

your college degree will open doors for you. They are all sealed

and you find your self handcuffed and “shipped†back.

You lose it one day, and escape to Tora Bora in Afghanistan with

all the other “angry Arabs.†They are all killed when a “war on

terrorism†is declared. You find your way through Pakistani

villages to your home country and there you are caught and

tortured. Once you even cross the desert to Iraq. There you are

killed. Your body is left on the road leading to Baghdad for

days.

Then your brother decides to chase after another destiny. He

chooses another route for himself. He manages to live in the

United States. He spends his nights writing letters to the editor

expressing the rage you once felt. They are never published. He

reflects on his feelings by keeping a journal filled with poetry,

flags and pictures he draws of Palestinian children.

He hears US National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice threaten

other countries in your region that they will be dealt with

through a “made in America†solution.

Later that night, he watches a program aired by BBC called

“israel’s Secret Weapons.†The program says that israel is the

“world's sixth largest nuclear arsenal with small tactical

nuclear weapons ... as well as medium-range nuclear missiles

launchable from air, land or sea.â€

He also learns that israel has undeclared biological and chemical

capabilities and used an unknown gas against Palestinians in Gaza

two years ago that sent hundreds of people to the hospital with

severe convulsions.

No US official comments on the reports, except Mrs. Rice, who

describes israel as the United States’ partner and exchanges

friendly smiles and warm handshakes with those who developed such

deadly agents when she is in Tel Aviv.

Also, the overwhelming

majority of the US Congress just finishes signing a letter to

Bush demanding that he never pressure israel.

Your brother writes a letter to the editor expressing his dismay,

as he never did before. No one responds and the letter is never

published. Instead, he resorts to his journal. He writes a poem

filled with curses and angry phrases that didn’t rhyme.

I still cannot help but wonder: If you were an Arab, wouldn’t you

be angry?

stop acting silly illogical :D , they're mentioned in the 1st post

Salamz

These are more like the 7 "Why"s. (Maybe 7 rhetorical wonders )

I was hoping for taj Mahal , or Nigara falls etc. :D

peace

Edited by llogical

Press can make fun of Prophet Muhammed (p) , it's their freedom; but they won't publish cartoon of Prophet Jesus (p) that they think might hurt the feelings of Christians. Media is religiously so biased , don't u think so ?

Well you are wrong right there! Have you seen the film Dogma, or Jerry Springer the Musical, or Jesus Christ superstar. Can you imagine a musical about Muhammed, the theatre would get bombed!

You are so wrong in almost everything you say, I can't be bothered to try to correct you!

Be an angry Arab, join Hezbollah or Hamas, go on, be part of the problem not the solution.

^^Even if the media does portray Jesus(pbuh) in a less than respectful manner, it doesn't make it correct. The reason so many muslims are appalled by the cartoons of the Prophet Muhammed(pbuh) is because there is no justified reason for such insulting comments. If you have a problem with muslims, address the muslims. Don't ridicule the Prophet Muhammed(pbuh). He's not one the few people who are using Islam as a shield to justify their acts.

As for the seven wonders, the bit about nuns was always something i wondered about. Why is it that she's all covered up and no one says anything to her, but if i'm wearing a hijab, everyone looks at me with pity saying, "Oh that poor girl, her father must've made her wear that," when in fact my father didn't want me to wear it.

Well you are wrong right there! Have you seen the film Dogma, or Jerry Springer the Musical, or Jesus Christ superstar. Can you imagine a musical about Muhammed, the theatre would get bombed!

You are so wrong in almost everything you say, I can't be bothered to try to correct you!

Be an angry Arab, join Hezbollah or Hamas, go on, be part of the problem not the solution.

I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan

(devil) the cursed, the rejected.

&&&&&&

Muslims respect ALL PROPHETS ( peace & blessings of God Almighty be upon them ) . So, we don't make fun of any Prophet NOT only Prophet Muhammed (p). Have u ever seen any Muslim is bashing Prophet Abraham/Ibrahim (p) or Moses/Musa (p) or Jesus (p)? We don't support anyone's making fun of any Prophet.

There is a verse in Old Testament that says, those who remember Abraham (p) will be blessed. Do u know any Jew or Christian who remembers Abraham (p) daily? Muslims all around the world remember Abraham (p) in their daily 5 times prayers.

By the way, u r talking about what solution? Bombing & distroying Lebanan, Palestian , Iraq , Afghanistan & all other Muslim majority countries...... u think it's the solution??????

Let the slaughter continue:

israel angry, US wary as Annan peace plan calls for ceasefire :

Kofi Annan, the UN secretary general, mapped out a peace plan for Lebanon yesterday that produced a lukewarm response from Washington and ill-concealed fury from israeli diplomats.

Hundreds Of Civilians Killed in Lebanon

By Christian Henderson in Beirut

In Lebanon, the dead have to wait

TYRE, Lebanon Carpenters are running out of wood for coffins.

By Hassan M. Fattah

israel launches barbaric action against the people of Lebanon

By George Galloway

Imagine if Lebanon destroyed every bridge in israel, blew up the international airport, blockaded the ports, severed every arterial road, ordered people to leave their homes and then bombed them to pieces when they did...

Do you think any Western leader would utter the words "Lebanon has a right to defend itself"?

Collective Punishment Isn't Self-Defense

By Ted Rall

Neither the United States nor israel is equivalent to Nazi Germany, yet both countries have adopted a Nazi-like obsession with collective punishment.

"The dead are rotting in the rubble of smashed homes"

By Mike Whitney

Lebanon 7-20-06: 300 dead, 20,000 wounded, 500,000 displaced by israeli aggression; vast swathes of the infrastructure in complete ruins; including airports, the highway grid, electrical power stations, sea-ports, factories, housing units and apartments, and all major bridges and highways.

The Los Angeles Times reports, "Civil structure appears to have broken down almost completely. Ambulances have not been able to operate.

This is not Dunkirk. This is Munich

By Robert Fisk:

These great warships had been sent here by Western leaders (Jacques Chirac excepted) too craven, too gutless, too immoral, to utter a single word of compassion for Lebanon's suffering.

Just remember , u may kill all the Muslims in this earth , but can not distroy Islam. The new Muslims will come from the Jewish & Christian community & the spread of Islam will continue .

....As for the seven wonders, the bit about nuns was always something i wondered about. Why is it that she's all covered up and no one says anything to her, but if i'm wearing a hijab, everyone looks at me with pity saying, "Oh that poor girl, her father must've made her wear that," when in fact my father didn't want me to wear it.

&&&&&&

May Allah strengthen ur faith & give u best reward , Ameen.