Islamic Forum
anthony19832005

No Compulsion In Religion

Peace.

Now we all know there is no compulsion in religion, and I have a quick question from members who hopefully know more than I do.

What should we do when we have children. I mean we all know there is no compulsion in religion, but when should we give the choice to our sons or daughters wether they want to be muslims or not? is there an age like 18 when they are mature enough to make such an important personal choice? I know we cannot make this decision for our children, they must do it for themselves, all we are supposed to do is teach them Islam and make them understand it but we cannot force it on them right?

and btw, the "Let there be no compulsion in Religion" verse wasn't abbrogated. this is from (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/livedialogue/english/Browse.asp?hGuestID=719AjX"]IslamOnline[/url]:

The verse, "Let there be no compulsion in religion" is NOT abrogated as you allege. The verse, 9:29 was revealed in the particular context of an ongoing war. It has not a universal application. And also Jizya was a tax in the place of Zakah given by Muslims, IN AN IslamIC COUNTRY. That is to say, Non-Muslims had to pay a tax as Muslims had a tax to pay. One tax was called zakah, the other was called jizya.

Hope I have answered your question.

Peace

Edited by anthony19832005

PropellerAds

:D

We are ordered to force our children to start praying at the age of seven, and then to beat them (slightly not beat them as to bruise them or harm them) at the age of ten.

If in the future they decide to abandon Islam, then we must still show them compassion and kindness, and :D the compassion and kindness shown will reveal to them how Islam creates a peace within the heart rather making one violent and aggressive.

Islam must be taught to the individual, for forcing a person to pray while not teaching them why we should pray is worth nothing. Knowledge is the key to obedience, and actions of obedience in accordance to Qur'an and Sunnah comes through a pure heart and guidance from Allah.

---------------------

Visit my new Islamic Site:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamic-faith(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Introduction.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamic-faith(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Introduction.html[/url]

:DVOTE FOR YOUR MYSTERY PRIZE NOW::D

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamic-faith(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/111.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamic-faith(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/111.html[/url]

Peace

Thx for clearing this up somewhat.

But since a large number of scholars regard the punishment for those that leave Islam to be death, what do you think should be done to those born of muslim parents who choose to believe in something else when they're old enough to think for themselves (and maybe Allah misleads them because being born to muslim parents doesnt guarantee Allah will guide you to be a muslim)

Peace

"We are ordered to force our children to start praying at the age of seven, and then to beat them (slightly not beat them as to bruise them or harm them) at the age of ten."

Yet u still maintain that there is no compulsion in religon?

"We are ordered to force our children to start praying at the age of seven, and then to beat them (slightly not beat them as to bruise them or harm them) at the age of ten."

Yet u still maintain that there is no compulsion in religon?

Sorry to butt in... but , He's not maintaing that, Quran Is.

Peace

Assalamu alaykum

Islam a way of life where we found light, we have no doubt in it at all, we have ample proof that theres one God and He ordained one way of life Islam, so in this case we would definetely provide our child the proper knowledge of Islam, we know its a light so it is logical for us to teach our children Islam.

If Islam is true then it is also true that we are asked to tell our children to start praying at the age of seven, i dont see any compulsion here.........we should do everything that would help our children understand Islam and that is the responsibility.

If a child properly taught and understood then theres no point to doubt about Islam, even in case if they do then obviously we will clear their doubt in a nice manner and let them think because

Allah says in the Qur'an Surah Baqara 2:257

" Let there be no compulsion in religion: truth stands out clear from error"

Truth has been given this Quality that it stands out very clear from Falsehood – provided the person keeps his eyes open to the truth and wants to see the truth. If the person closes his eyes to the truth however clear the truth may be as compared to falsehood it will appear to him all confusing!

wassalam

Edited by Risalat

we have ample proof that theres one God and He ordained one way of life Islam, so in this case we would definetely provide our child the proper knowledge of Islam, we know its a light so it is logical for us to teach our children Islam.

If Islam is true then it is also true that we are asked to tell our children to start praying at the age of seven, i dont see any compulsion here.........we should do everything that would help our children understand Islam and that is the responsibility.

Offcourse we should teach our children Islam, isent a parent required to teach his children what they think is best? It's obvious every mindful and dutyfull parent will teach his child about Islam.

But offcourse, one cannot force their child to be a muslim under threat of death by saying "You were born a muslim, if you disbelieve i will kill you". That is wrong.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/livedialogue/english/Browse.asp?hGuestID=Gz9HCK"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/livedialogue/englis...hGuestID=Gz9HCK[/url]

Peace

Peace

Sorry to butt in... but , He's not maintaing that, Quran Is.

Peace

I second that. Personally, I believe when the Qur'an says there is no compulsion in religion, it means it. You should be open to the idea that the contradiction lies in the people and not their God or holy book.

Peace