Islamic Forum
salah1234

Would You Marry Someone You Met Online?

would you marry someone you met online?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. would you marry someone you met online?

• yes
    • no
    • maybe
    • i already did and it turned out good
    • i already did but it turned out bad

PropellerAds

Assalam ALaikum

Yah! May Be BUT I would like to meet her once atleast.

Jazaak Allah Khair

:D

Very, unlikely...

w/salaam

As Muslims we shouldn't be privately talking idly with the opposite gender online, therefore it's hiiiiighly unlikely, but as with any other case, anything's possible.

As Muslims we shouldn't be privately talking idly with the opposite gender online

what ever Allah has written will happen... :D

I agree with akhi slave on this one ^ ^ however my opinion is maybe!

I have good arguments for either side..

I agree with akhi slave on this one ^ ^ however my opinion is maybe!

I have good arguments for either side..

just to point out my statement does not mean i favour the idea of internet match making etc loota weridos out there even sisters!

ÈÓã Çááå ÇáÑÃãä ÇáÑÃíã

ÇáÃãà ááå æ ÇáÕáÇÉ æ ÇáÓáÇã Úáì ÑÓæá Çááå ãÃãà æ Úáì Çáå æ ÕÃÈå æ ãä æÇáÇå

ÇãÇ ÈÚÃ

ÇáÓáÇã Úáíßã æ ÑÃãÉ Çááå æ ÈÑßÇÊå

This really depends on how religious the Muslim person is, depends on the eman.. Some Muslims just won’t correspond in that matter with the opposite gender let a long get married to someone they supposedly would’ve met online!!!

Now is it very different if the person is someone a reliable person [ like a sheikh, imam] have recommended and his history and akhlaaq is well known and her wali knows of this and they correspond through mails for the first time and so in the presences of the wali..

But too actually get hooked up online with someone you don’t know his deen and Akhlaaq history and just follow your own desires while disobeying Allah, by exchanging numbers and talking, opening cameras ect and the rest of the filths that goes on I would say this is highly risky it’s like you are gambling with your life this is why it is also prohibited and why many scholars has spoken about this issue in great deal..

I say fear Allah regard this issues many people have been mislead by people who were acting as good Muslims and this predicament ended with men/women getting used and up used!

Fe Amn Allah

Edited by MaKSofaHãßÓæ�É

just to point out my statement does not mean i favour the idea of internet match making etc loota weridos out there even sisters!

True. Its not the best method to find a partner, seeing as there are far too many people out there, pretending to be someone they're not...

then how do you get married? , what do you do when the muslimahs or muslims in your community arent that good? , then what? where else should a person look?

would you marry someone you met online?

Yes.

But I would have to meet them a couple of times in the flesh before making that decision. Using the net (email) as a means to get to know a Sister seems fine to me.

Salaams

im not too keen on these online hookups.. i wouldnt like to.. Theres too many fronters and it`d be embarassing telling people and your future kids lol so nahhhhhhhhhh!

Salaam everyone,

The person who you will get married to is already written and known by Allah,so I would put my full trust in Him and let Allah decide who my future spouse will be.

Afterall Allah knows best!

Allah is the protecting friend who will always give you the route He feels is best for you! :D

Asalam alakum,

Let's not deviate from the Quran and Sunnah. Read and you will find all the answers to your questions.

Walakum Asalam,

Saladin

Assalamu alaikum

Asalam alakum,

Let's not deviate from the Quran and Sunnah. Read and you will find all the answers to your questions.

Walakum Asalam,

Saladin

How is using the Internet to find your spouse providing nothing Haram takes place, deviating from the Quran and Sunnah?

Ma'assalama

Such understanding on internet will surely be due to misunderstood term "love". Someone has rightly said that love is like a seasonal influenza, take excessive water for 2-3 days and you will be perfectly ok.

Marriage through internet is simply illogical and i can bet no one can have any reasoning to support this option.

How is using the Internet to find your spouse providing nothing Haram takes place, deviating from the Quran and Sunnah?

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_qa.sunnipath(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/issue_view.asp?HD=7&ID=8818&CATE=3600"]This might help.[/url]

Yes you can because, I did and know people who have done so.

I meet my husband on a Muslim Matrimony website.

We talked for two months and decided to get married.

He's very religious and the best husband I could ever dream of and I thank Allah (swt) for bringing us together.

Before we met, like most of the posters her, I didnt believe that actually worked. Just be careful when finding a match online. There are a lot of nasty people out there. Ask Allah (swt) for help and he will guide you to the one who is best for you.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.youtube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch?v=hgRFVDc7z48"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.youtube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch?v=hgRFVDc7z48[/url]

Salaam,

I can't view the videos because my flash player doesn't seem to work. :D

What are the videos like? :D

W/s

Edited by Aaqib Ahmed

oh its just one video, but it is funny :D

Its basically telling people to be careful if they are to find a spouse online, but its said from a funny angle.