Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
female

Reverted But Worried About My Family...

Asalaamu alaykum.

I reverted to Islam 2 years ago, but what keeps preying on my mind is the fate of my family after death, none of them are muslim. They are accepting of me and my faith but I can't see any of them reverting. I love them so much, they have never done anything to hurt me and are righteous and moral (although not religious). I just can't see how these people deserve to go to hell, they have rejected Islam but is it out of ignorance? May Allah forgive them as long as they have not willfully defied him?

PropellerAds

asalamu alaykum

sister u definitely have a genuine concern for your family. it is only Allah that guides. make dua for your family as much as possible and be a good daughter and sister to your parents and siblings respecively. dua and your good manners can spark an interest in Islam in them.

:D

Allah Almighty said in the Quran:

Surely you cannot guide whom you love, but Allah guides whom He pleases, and He knows best the followers of the right way.

keep making du'a for ur family....Allah is the guide to the straight path

:D

Edited by The_Mujahid

asalamu alaykum dear sister,

may Allah give you an immense reward for converting to Islam and give you full happiness in your life,Ameen!

I know how you must feel.If I was in your position I would inform the family of Islam and ask them questions like what they feel the purpose of life is and try my best to convince them Islam must be followed by sticking to as many facts and quotes as possible.

"I can't see any of them reverting"

Don't lose hope.

Take any chance you can to inform them about Islam.

You should tell your family,what made you convert,why did you decide to convert,how you converted,why Islam is perfect and should be followed.

You should inform them of the Quran and the Hadith,tell them to read a bit of both in english and ask them what they think of it.

After trying your best to convert them if they still don't.Then it is not for them,as in the Quran it says that whether you inform them or not,it is not for them,they will not believe.

May Allah guide your loved ones to Islam,Ameen!

May Allah help you out during the hard times you may face,Ameen!

W/s

be steadfast, remember how the Prophets (upon whom be peace) all had to persevere for years before eventually their families/tribes reverted to Islam?

Always be there for them and ask Allah to guide you so you can guide them

I completely agree with the other posts. You don't know what Allah has planned for them. It is illogical to loose hope in Allah's infinite mercy. The best things you can do is make dua, show excellent character and give dawah to them from time to time. Lots of people came to Islam just by observing the Prophet's (saw) character. Since you would be around them a lot this is quite important.

As a revert myself, I know exactly what youmean sister. Especially my father, he died before I reverted, so I didn't even had a chance of introducing the message to him. And everything I try to do seems to work against me. the onlything that works: make dua and set a good example. Really this will help you a lot more then anything else. Make dua, ask for Allah to make your family's heart weak to Islam. Remember, if someone is guided by Allah no person can lead him/her astray, but when someone is misguided, no person can set him straight. So make dua, make their heart weak, don't focus to much on details and theorys and convincing. that's the best advice I can give you. I'm also learning it as I go along. Sad, because I feel I don't have the luxery of slipping once in a while.