Islamic Forum
IbrahimMuhammed

Syria's Christians Rally Behind Hizbollah

Syria's Christians rally behind Hizbollah

By Khaled Yacoub Oweis

DAMASCUS (Reuters) - Seventy-seven-year-old Mona Muzaber lights a candle for Hizbollah leader Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah at the Orthodox Church of the Cross in the center of Damascus.

"I love him. I never felt Nasrallah was a religious zealot. He is a patriot who doesn't seek personal gain," she said. "I light a candle daily for him to remain under God's protection."

israel's offensive against Lebanon has brought Christians in neighboring Syria closer to Nasrallah, a Shi'ite Muslim, reviving Arab nationalist feelings and blurring sectarian divisions.

Bishops and priests say Syria's Christians, a devout community of around three million out of a population of 18 million, identify strongly with Nasrallah's battle with israel, which has occupied Syria's Golan Heights since 1967.

"Pray for the resistance, pray for Hassan Nasrallah. He is defending justice," Father Elias Zahlawi told the congregation at special mass held at the Lady of Damascus, a Catholic church.

Across Damascus Christians, like Muslims, sit glued to Nasrallah's al-Manar television, receptive to his portrayal of the war as one in defense of all Arabs, as well as Muslims.

At the biblical-era Straight Street, Khaldoun Uzrai hung the yellow flags of Hizbollah all over his liquor and grocery shop.

"We are Arabs at the end of the day. Nasrallah is one of our own. He is realizing our dreams," Uzrai said.

Source: (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_today.reuters(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/news/articlenews.aspx?type=topnews&storyid=2006-08-04T144759Z_01_L0319542_RTRUKOT0_TEXT0.xml&src=080406_1349_TOPSTORY_dadly_air_strike"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_today.reuters(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/news/articlenews....adly_air_strike[/url]

PropellerAds

:D/Peace To All

So do the Coptic Christians of Egypt and Many Maronites of Lebanon...

Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatahu

Wow, interesting. The way they portray it on the news is that the Arab christians oppose israel, but do not support Hezbollah at the same time.

Fi aman Allah

Wow, interesting. The way they portray it on the news is that the Arab christians oppose israel, but do not support Hezbollah at the same time.

Fi aman Allah

:D

Well you should know Sis never to trust the Western media who are one sided in all this.

Fi aman Allah

Egypt Copts Proud Of Hizbullah

Courtesy Of: IslamOnline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

By Hamdy Al Husseini

Mon., Jul. 31. 2006

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/English/News/2006-07/31/03.shtml"]Article[/url]

i cant wait till the day the khilafah is established and non muslims enjoy the freedoms and protection that the Islamic state will grant them... inshallah

israel has made the wrong move to bomb bridges in lebanese christians areas. that make christrians in mideast see red. its better late than never for christians to PLAYFAIR :D

israel has made the wrong move to bomb bridges in lebanese christians areas. that make christrians in mideast see red. its better late than never for christians to PLAYFAIR :D

israel is working upon the strategy of destroying lebanon's infrastructure, in order to bring more and more miseries for the locals, so they might turn against hezbollah, a sheer misconception, nothing else.

peace.

well I think all support the battles hezbollah is waging in the defense of lebanon, but not the indiscriminate bombings of katyusha rockets that target women and children etc.

Peace

Edited by anthony19832005

"i cant wait till the day the khilafah is established and non muslims enjoy the freedoms and protection that the Islamic state will grant them... inshallah"

Cant believe u used the word "enjoy". Muslims have more rights now than non muslims would "enjoy" under a khilafah.

"i cant wait till the day the khilafah is established and non muslims enjoy the freedoms and protection that the Islamic state will grant them... inshallah"

Cant believe u used the word "enjoy". Muslims have more rights now than non muslims would "enjoy" under a khilafah.

Non-Muslims practiced their religions in Muslim countries for centuries and continue to do so.

Muslims in modern "liberal" societies are facing prejudice and restrictions on religion.

Well you should know Sis never to trust the Western media who are one sided in all this.

Yeah, I know all too well. :D

Egypt Copts Proud Of Hizbullah

Courtesy Of: IslamOnline

By Hamdy Al Husseini

Mon., Jul. 31. 2006

(www.)"http://islamonline/English/News/2006-07/31/03.shtml"]Article[/url]

:D....

Fi aman Allah

Yeah, I know all too well. :D

:D....

Fi aman Allah

Wa Iyyakum Insha Allah :D

Non-Muslims practiced their religions in Muslim countries for centuries and continue to do so.

Muslims in modern "liberal" societies are facing prejudice and restrictions on religion.

Oh really so how would u react if u were not allowed to build a Masjid?