Islamic Forum
anthony19832005

Martyrs In The Graves

Salaam

I was just thinking about this topic of Martyrs in Islam, and I tried to find some info on Google about it but it wasn't sufficient so here goes.

Do martyrs suffer in any way in the grave (like the rest of us) or are they spared from any unpleasant stay in the graves?

This is the only question I can think of at this late time at night, but please share all the information you have about martyrs, their death, their grave, the resurrection for them, the special rewards in heaven etc and anything else you might know.

Peace

PropellerAds

:D / Peace to all,

Insya'Allaah, this may benefit us all,

It was reported in the hadeeth of al-Miqdaam ibn Ma’di Karb that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“The martyr (shaheed) has seven blessings from Allaah: he is forgiven from the moment his blood is first shed; he will be shown his place in Paradise; he will be spared the trial of the grave; and he will be secure on the Day of the Greatest Terror (the Day of Judgement); there will be placed on his head a crown of dignity, one ruby of which is better than this world and all that is in it; he will be married to seventy-two of al-hoor al-‘iyn; and he will be permitted to intercede for seventy of his relatives.â€

According to another report, the martyr has six blessings from Allaah. According to other reports (the number is) six, or nine, or ten.

(Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, who said it is a hasan hadeeth. Also narrated by Ibn Maajah in al-Sunan, by Ahmad, by ‘Abd al-Razzaaq in al-Musannaf, by al-Tabaraani in al-Kabeer, and by Sa’eed ibn Mansoor in al-Sunan).

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.Islam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?ref=8511&ln=eng&txt=martyrs"]Source[/url]

Allaahu 'alaam

Sis Zabrina

he will be permitted to intercede for seventy of his relatives.â€

Salaam and thank you for the useful info, I have just 1 more thing to ask...can he intercede for relatives even if they are non-muslims? peace

Assalamu Alaikum, No one can or will intercede for Non Muslim Relatives. Neither the Prophets nor the Martyrs. Assalamu Alaikum, umAhmad.

Assalamu Alaikum, No one can or will intercede for Non Muslim Relatives. Neither the Prophets nor the Martyrs. Assalamu Alaikum, umAhmad.

:D

What if the realtives were muslim, but they were very sinful, i.e. they did not pray, etc.?

Edited by Samee

Assalamu alaikum, I am not sure about a Martyr being able to intercede on behalf of his Muslim relatives, but I know that the Huffaz can intercede on behalf of members of their family who are Muslims but on whom hell had become wajib, because of their sins.

Assalamu alaikum. umahmad.

:D

so we can clear one thing from here if a martyr can intercede for people then Prophets (peace be upon them) will intercede for us too?

“The martyr (shaheed) has seven blessings from Allaah: he is forgiven from the moment his blood is first shed; he will be shown his place in Paradise; he will be spared the trial of the grave; and he will be secure on the Day of the Greatest Terror (the Day of Judgement); there will be placed on his head a crown of dignity, one ruby of which is better than this world and all that is in it; he will be married to seventy-two of al-hoor al-‘iyn; and he will be permitted to intercede for seventy of his relatives.â€
Assalam Alaikum

Jazaak Allah Khair for the beautiful thread :D

I didn't knew above hadeeth.. its amazing..

May Allah (SWT) guide us all on the right path.. ameen