Islamic Forum

:sl:

...The title of this topic seems questioning...Its become a GREAT concern for me and I want to know how others think about this issue too. Here in Toronto summer is on its way on making things hard for the ummah for both the brothers and the sisters. Whether it be music, people, the environment, the behaviour, I feel its going to have a great effect on us. Especailly the growing up generations. Al hamdulillah we have number of ways on trying to keep ourselves in check by fasting, lowering our gaze, keeping ourselves busy with classes or activities. Subhanallah! Im not sure if anyone else feels the same way as I do but Im worried, extremely for bachelors/single Muslims and bachlorettes/single Muslimahs. What are some advice we can give to them other than the ones most of us know. How can we protect ourselves and the younger ones from this outraging fitnah?

PropellerAds

:no:

Good topic.

I think it is difficult if we make it difficult upon ourselves and it is easy if we make it easy upon us-depends on your frame of mind. :sl:

Best option is to stay away from the places that can cause Fitnah since as beaches and other mixed places.*Keep Good Company*

For us singles out there we have to remember that the rewards are GREAT from Allah if we can come out on top inshallah.

The gaze is part of a Muslim's character

A Muslim is decent and pure. This means all of his or her body must be decent and pure. A natural consequence of this is lowering the gaze. Allah tells us: "O you who believe! Do not follow Satan's footsteps: if any will follow the footsteps of Satan, he will command what is shameful and wrong..." (An-Nur: 21). Looking at another man or woman in an indecent manner is following in Satan's footsteps.

Whos words are more truthful then the Lord Of The Worlds?

We all know ZINA is a serious sin and the ZINA of the eyes is a lustful gaze.

May Allah protect us from the evil arrows of Satan,ameen.

Abu Hurayrah narrated that the Prophet said: "…the adultery of the eyes is looking (at [that] which is not allowed)…" (Reported by Al-Bukhari and Muslim

How would we like it if someone looked at our sisters or mother with a lustful gaze?

Allah wishes for us not to commit this ugly sin, and thus He commands us to lower our gazes: " Tell the believing men to lower their gaze and be modest. That is purer for them. Lo! Allah is Aware of what they do. And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and be modest." (An-Nur: 30-31)

“Allah knows the fraud of the eyes, and all that the hearts conceal.” (Ghafir:19)

Lets remember that:

“A believer cannot be truly pious unless he refrains from certain permissible things lest he should commit risky things, that warn people to be careful.”

“The noblest, most honorable of you in the sight of Allah is the most advanced of you in Taqwa (piety)” (Al-Hujurat: 13), and: “Only the learned among His servants fear and revere Allah.” (Fatir: 28)

Who Wants To Be 'The noblest,most honorable'?

As always my posts are a reminder to myself and others. :D

:D for reading.

Finally PLEASE LISTEN to this,a good reminder :j:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetjustquran(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch/6176dd37d372bc2f1eb7/RememberTheOrderToLowerYourGaze"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetjustquran(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch/6176dd37d37...ToLowerYourGaze[/url]

Edited by Aaqib Ahmed

be with good muslims, try have fund rasing events which has Islamic enviroments i think such things take up alot of time to prepare etc thus keeping everyone busy, Also avoid staying alone as thats when shaytan can overpower

Also avoid staying alone as thats when shaytan can overpower

Indeed.Shaytan's more likely to influence when one is alone.

One person=match stick say.

######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_upload.wikimedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0e/Matchstick_Lighter.jpg/600px-Matchstick_Lighter.jpg[/img]

It is easy to break one match stick right?

How about 2 match sticks?

A bit harder!

Now try breaking a lot more match sticks.

It'll take a lot more effort since the sticks are together.

######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yethomepages.ucl.ac.uk/~uczciro/matchsticks.jpg[/img]

Fact is Shaytan finds it harder to break down one stick so lets *Keep Good Company* and stick together :no:

:j: for reading!

~~Reminder to MYSELF aswell as others~~

Great discussion and great topic! Jazakallahu Kheirun all !