Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Haqqul_Yaqeen

Does God Accept Our Prayers?

:D

On another thread, llogical stated the following based on a hadith. Good.

God does listen to our prayers by giving us something we didn;t ask for

Yahya related to me from Malik that Zayd ibn Aslam used to say, "No-one makes a du'aa (supplication) without one of three things happening. Either it is answered, or it is stored up for him, or wrong actions are atoned for by it." [Malik's Muwatta, Book 15, Number 15.8.36]

...sure that makes a lots of sense...NOT

Yet he (llogical) didn't understand that hadith. Not so good. :D

The important thing here, that I really wanted to point out because I've seen this topic come up a lot, is that our final goal is going to Heaven. And how do we reach that goal? Well, besides worship of course, it is by wrong deeds being atoned for, and by our du'aa being stored up until the Day of Judgment.

So you see, it IS something we ask for, it is something we ask for everyday. It is more important than anything else, because we are mere travelers in this world. Everything we do is really for our life, obviously the eternal life, and it is more important than anything.

And, beautifully, one of the three things that could happen is the du'aa being accepted as well.

I always see posts about God listening to/needing/wanting our prayers. Well it's simple. We listen to/need/want Allah to accept our prayers. And it's all in order for us to reach that ultimate, desperately strived-for goal.

Paradise.

PropellerAds
:D

On another thread, llogical stated the following based on a hadith. Good.

Yahya related to me from Malik that Zayd ibn Aslam used to say, "No-one makes a du'aa (supplication) without one of three things happening. Either it is answered, or it is stored up for him, or wrong actions are atoned for by it." [Malik's Muwatta, Book 15, Number 15.8.36]

Yet he (llogical) didn't understand that hadith. Not so good. :D

Salams

I guess he (llogical) is ignorant after all :D

No offense to llogical...but I think that he probably never heard of that hadith...

(to those who are confused..welcome to my world :D )

Anyways, I was wondering ....when we make a legimate dua...not asking god to turn us into superman....but legimate like asking God to take away a really bad migraine (or a dodge viper :D) .... then why doesn't God Answer?

About the 3 possibilities, If i want a red pen...here is what's possible.

1.yes , I will get it

2.no but I'll get it later

3.NO, but I will get something else instead

Convenient..caz the cycle of Dua can apply to anything.

I can pray to my laptop or the red invisible monkey and either my prayer will come true, will come true later , or won't come true at all.

Besides, when we pray, there is usually a deadline..A Farmer asking for a rain in a drought isn't expecting rain in the next 5 years but probably in the same season. A man bleeding to death doesn't need a doctor 2 hours later because after that it's of no use.

Where is the sense of urgency in God's system?

I mean we pray...and ask for God's help when we really need him.

What do we get? Our dua gets queved up and the recording " please wait, you are the next believer in line" :D

I think God needs to fire a few people bcaz I know He can be more efficient that that :D

peace

Edited by llogical

either my prayer will come true, will come true later , or won't come true at all.

It might come true later, as in any case, but I guess faith matters here, because if you pray to your laptop, well, you know for a fact it won't come true.

Besides, when we pray, there is usually a deadline.

Which is when the hadith takes effect.

It seems as if you expect the du'aa to be answered... or else... Or else you won't believe in any of this! :D

And none of this happens of course, if you don't believe it will. It's not even comparable to any other case, because it's specifically faith. If you truly have faith that it will come true, or be stored up, or there will be sins expiated by it, then that will surely happen.

Salams

It might come true later, as in any case, but I guess faith matters here, because if you pray to your laptop, well, you know for a fact it won't come true.

So false hope is better than no hope? :D

And none of this happens of course, if you don't believe it will. It's not even comparable to any other case, because it's specifically faith.happen.

That's a problem... because how can one believe before knowing that it's true? :D

Besides..I can test this... ...I can pray to my laptop and chart the results and then pray to God and do the same. :D

Now I just need a legitimate request ( suggestions are welcomed) maybe I will go with asking to see animals in my dream for 3 consecutive days..starting today :D ..

Ok

day= 1

subject =Llogical

Log: I have just completed praying to my laptop (IBM t-40)... despite the weird looks I received from my sibling, I look forward to seeing animals in my dream.

over and out

Peace :D

Edited by llogical

So false hope is better than no hope?

No, it isn't false hope, unless you don't believe in it. Ok, I know this sounds ridiculous to you. :D

But like I said, it's like the pieces of a puzzle. You can't expect miracles, nor can you demand God to give you something even if it's legit. The process is simple. You ask, and God answers. And if He doesn't answer, then one of two other things happens. I've had so many experiences where my du'aa was answered.

I can pray to my laptop and chart the results and then pray to God and do the same

I hope you're not serious...

And if you already have in mind that nothing is going to happen - if you already don't believe it will - then why should God even grant you anything at all?

Also, it's really silly that I still don't even know this. Do you believe in God? Then again it's not my fault...you really do confuse me!!

Oh, and, if your little experiment works, how will that change your views? Will it?

No, it isn't false hope, unless you don't believe in it. Ok, I know this sounds ridiculous to you.

But like I said, it's like the pieces of a puzzle. You can't expect miracles, nor can you demand God to give you something even if it's legit. The process is simple. You ask, and God answers. And if He doesn't answer, then one of two other things happens. I've had so many experiences where my du'aa was answered.

A dua is like a wish but sort of a divine one..wishes that are not divine also come true right.....So How can we know that God does answer the prayers if there is no way to tell?

I mean people other then muslims get there prayers answered...Just this other day this Buddhist girl I know told me how her prayers were answered...now keep in mind that she is praying to Budha not Allah..

I hope you're not serious...

And if you already have in mind that nothing is going to happen; if you already don't believe it will, then why should God even grant you anything at all?

I am serious...and God should grant me something to give me a sign, proof that the system works....besides if buddha can come through for the budhist girl... why can't God come through for me? It's all for a good cause :D

Also, it's really silly that I still don't even know this. Do you believe in God? Then again it's not my fault...you really do confuse me!!

sorry about the confusion..But the answser is complicated.

There isn't enough evidence to prove his existance but my gut feeling is that ...a strong entity with knowledge beyong humans may exist.( but gut feelings are often wrong)

Still, I understand that I maybe wrong and getting more data is the only way to make intelligent inferences....so aside from sharpening my comical skills, there's your reason why I spent so much time on IF.

So I am not sure if God exists..and if he does then I simply don't like him. And knowing that that picking beef with the strongest possible force in the universe may not be a good idea, I have to be sure.

Oh, and, if your little experiment works, how will that change your views? Will it?

Why not .... :D that's empirical evidence right there ( well sort of) ..but sure that's proof I can experience. :D SO yeah I'll chalk one up for the big G.O.D pronto :D

Peace

Edited by Haqqul_Yaqeen

Illogical - you already don't have faith that your prayers will be answered, so you can't expect them to be.

I believe that Allah has power over all things and always believe he can solve my problems. And Believe it or not, he answers every single one of my prayers. Some people, even muslims, find this hard to believe, but its true. I pray for Allah to grant me something and he does or gives me something much better than what I prayed for. (Most times I just make a dua for him to grant me what he knows is best for me, since he knows best). It is amazing how much blessings Allah can send down on you if only you believe.

"I mean people other then muslims get there prayers answered...Just this other day this Buddhist girl I know told me how her prayers were answered...now keep in mind that she is praying to Budha not Allah"

What ever you call Him... Allah, Jehovah ect.... Its the same one and only God, the God of all humans on earth, whether muslim, christian, jew or budha. You do not need to be a muslim for Him to answer your prayers.

"I am serious...and God should grant me something to give me a sign, proof that the system works"

Sadly, it doesn't work like that. He is the King. You believe in him, submit to him, worship him, place your trust in him, believe he has power over all things and can do whatever he pleases, be righteous and lead a decent life, and just watch as he works wonders into your life. I've seen proof of it.

I know you'll say unless you can prove He is out there you can't submit, so I pray that you will one day be guided and be able to enjoy the wonderful life of a true believer. Ameen

I know you'll say unless you can prove He is out there you can't submit, so I pray that you will one day be guided and be able to enjoy the wonderful life of a true believer. Ameen

Exactly, how can you submit your entire life to a being you don't even know exists?

I think prayers are all in the head of the believer.

Exactly, how can you submit your entire life to a being you don't even know exists?

I think prayers are all in the head of the believer.

I'm not an atheist so I'm sorry I don't understand how u think. But we believers, know and feel he exists. The evidence of his existance shows in my everyday life. Its not something I can't explain to an atheist. And prayer is not just something in my head, its real. I need something, I ask Allah for it, he gives to me or give me something better. He blesses me with things I don't even ask for cos he knows it would be good for me. I don't think you can understand that. You have to experience it to know what I'm talking about. By submitting my whole life to him, I've had happiness in return.

And if you truely and sincerely search for God, you will find him.

Edited by aminata

I'm not an atheist so I'm sorry I don't understand how u think. But we believers, know and feel he exists. The evidence of his existance shows in my everyday life. Its not something I can't explain to an atheist. And prayer is not just something in my head, its real. I need something, I ask Allah for it, he gives to me or give me something better. He blesses me with things I don't even ask for cos he knows it would be good for me. I don't think you can understand that. You have to experience it to know what I'm talking about. By submitting my whole life to him, I've had happiness in return.

And if you truely and sincerely search for God, you will find him.

What I don't think you understand is, if you submit your entire life to religion, then the damage is already done because you will believe in prayer whether it really happens or not, BECAUSE you have already turned your life over to it.

What I don't think you understand is, if you submit your entire life to religion, then the damage is already done because you will believe in prayer whether it really happens or not, BECAUSE you have already turned your life over to it.

I think it's a lot more complicated than that.

One does not submit to God unless he/she believes in Him.

After that, everything falls into place, meaning, yes, you submit completely. But that's after you believed in God through proof, as in my case, scientific proof in the Qur'an, etc.

llogical,

Again, you can't expect miracles. I'm sorry, but this is almost like you wanting to see God with your own eyes in order to believe He exists.

What's the point of the life of this world then, if you have to see in order to believe?

Do you get where I'm going with this?

And lol, you're not even sure if God exists. This strikes me as strange considering you've studied the entire Qur'an. But that's another topic for another time. :D

What ever you call Him... Allah, Jehovah ect.... Its the same one and only God, the God of all humans on earth, whether muslim, christian, jew or budha. You do not need to be a muslim for Him to answer your prayers.

Salams

:D ...2 things.

1. Budha is not like the typical God of theology like for muslims/jews/christians.

2. People who pray to Budha have 0% belief on Allah...so "Believe and your prayers will be answered" theory goes out the window, into the street and crushed by the big truck driven by the spirit of budha

Sadly, it doesn't work like that. He is the King. You believe in him, submit to him, worship him, place your trust in him, believe he has power over all things and can do whatever he pleases, be righteous and lead a decent life, and just watch as he works wonders into your life. I've seen proof of it.

In other words, I must fool myself into believing First?

Fooling bcaz I have no rationale to back up the belief in such...a Daist can tell you to dedicate your life to "The way" and you will then see how it's true...what do u do? do u believe it first or seek rationale to believe it.?I'm not sure why this concept is so difficult to understand :D ...How can I believe on something that can't be proven just to prove it? That's the exact definition of Blind Faith...something that we should just follow for no appearant reason.

It's like if I tell you that there are green monkey all around you and you can see them ONLY if you believe that they exist all around you..how would that be logically sound.

If I have nothing against God, I have no reason to disprove him...but he needs to do a better Job to attract believers...I know he doesn't need us, we need him..Back to sqaure 1 :D

I truely appreciate it :D

peace

llogical,

Again, you can't expect miracles. I'm sorry, but this is almost like you wanting to see God with your own eyes in order to believe He exists.

What's the point of the life of this world then, if you have to see in order to believe?

Salams

I know I can't see God with my own eyes..( I remember what happened to Moses AS)

Neways..a picture would do..Ok so maybe God is camera shy but the answer is NO, I just need rationale not a picture ..I can't see atoms,the air molecules,or back of my neck, yet they exist. Because I can understand them through sensory inputs or ratioanle.

same goes for God..if supernatural can't be understood through empirical senses, then rationale is the only way and the rationale must be based on logic not belief bcaz belief can justify any rationale.(including red flying monkeys with poka dots)

And lol, you're not even sure if God exists. This strikes me as strange considering you've studied the entire Qur'an. But that's another topic for another time. :D

LOL ? :D how can you make fun of me and laugh..why do people mock me :D

OK, so the moses story wasn't too impressive...but yeah by age ten, I read quran 3 times already and by 12, memorized the 30th sipara and key ayas like YA SEEN, and more.. :D u want me to fax my divine resume :D

peace

llogical,

You're hilarious. :D

Anyway, the simple proof for God is in the Qur'aan. I'll see you in the Islam and Science section. :D

"Salams

...2 things.

1. Budha is not like the typical God of theology like for muslims/jews/christians.

2. People who pray to Budha have 0% belief on Allah...so "Believe and your prayers will be answered" theory goes out the window, into the street and crushed by the big truck driven by the spirit of budha"

My knowledge about Buddism (sp?) is very limited. I assumed they worshiped God and call him Budha. May Allah forgive me for making that mistake.

"In other words, I must fool myself into believing First?

Fooling bcaz I have no rationale to back up the belief in such...a Daist can tell you to dedicate your life to "The way" and you will then see how it's true...what do u do? do u believe it first or seek rationale to believe it.?I'm not sure why this concept is so difficult to understand ...How can I believe on something that can't be proven just to prove it? That's the exact definition of Blind Faith...something that we should just follow for no appearant reason."

I meant actually discovering the truth and then believing he exist and then submit to him. Not Blind Faith.

"It's like if I tell you that there are green monkey all around you and you can see them ONLY if you believe that they exist all around you..how would that be logically sound"

It would sound perfectly logically, just like I know Jinns live all around me and I have never seen them before. Although from time to time, I have felt their presence and know people who have actually seen them.

What i don't think you understand is, you first believe and have actual proof that God exist and then you submit. And we believe in prayer because it has ACTUALLY worked in our lives. And there is nothing like any damage being done by submitting to Islam. If you live your life according to whats in the Quran, you lead a truely beautiful, and blessed life. I pray God would one day guide you to see the truth. Ameen.

My knowledge about Buddism (sp?) is very limited. I assumed they worshiped God and call him Budha. May Allah forgive me for making that mistake.

Salams

No problemo :D ...now that we got it cleared, how could the girls' prayer be answered then? She has 0 % belief in God.

I meant actually discovering the truth and then believing he exist and then submit to him. Not Blind Faith.

I agree with you 100% ....Given that...To ask someone to "submit first and then U will see God"...that is all wrong..right? I mean first me must see the truth and then believe and then we can submit. :D

"It's like if I tell you that there are green monkey all around you and you can see them ONLY if you believe that they exist all around you..how would that be logically sound"

It would sound perfectly logically, just like I know Jinns live all around me and I have never seen them before. Although from time to time, I have felt their presence and know people who have actually seen them.

U got me there..... :D...See now the monkeys are poking fun at me and laughing ...stupid monkeys :D

(maybe if i would of used an oxymoron like "invisible red" monkeys ..u would have deemed this illogical)

But seriously speaking..Jinns are mentioned in Quran...there are cases of posessions etc..but since no one has ever been ...umm.......bitten by an invisible red monkey....I thought U would agree. Any who..U have a point but there is gots to be a way to separate reality from figment of imagination.

Jinns are indeed a curiousity that I have been trying to satisfy for the longest...I even volunteered to get possessed myself ( NO Joke..really ) but it's almost impossible to do.

Anywayz back to prayers...

llogical,

You're hilarious. :D

Anyway, the simple proof for God is in the Qur'aan. I'll see you in the Islam and Science section. :D

Salams

ANd Merci Madame

I wonder why the science section though :D .

Peace

Jinns are indeed a curiousity that I have been trying to satisfy for the longest...I even volunteered to get possessed myself ( NO Joke..really ) but it's almost impossible to do.

Anywayz back to prayers...

You crack me up :D. Never heard of anyone offer themselves up to be possessed. :D

You crack me up :D. Never heard of anyone offer themselves up to be possessed. :

Salams

I know u read of this..."Desparate times call for desparate mesures" :D

peace

YUSUFALI: And your Lord says: "Call on Me; I will answer your (Prayer): but those who are too arrogant to serve Me will surely find themselves in Hell - in humiliation!"