Islamic Forum
Subhaanallaah

Russian Priest Converted To Islam

Russian Priest Converted to Islam

Publication time: 21 August 2006, 22:59

This month, Vladislav Sokhin, a graduate of the Kursk Orthodox Seminary, the St. Petersburg Spiritual Academy, and Kursk State University and a priest in that region since 2001, announced that he was leaving the Church because he had accepted Islam.

In articles placed in Russian on the Islam.ru website, Sokhin laid out the reasons that had led him to convert. On the one hand, he said he could no longer tolerate the paganistic, almost polytheistic worship of saints so widespread in popular Orthodoxy.

And on the other hand, he continued, he did not want to be constrained by the Moscow Patriarchate's slavish obedience to the policies of the Russian state. A religious leader should be free to express himself about all issues involving moral questions, something he said the Orthodox Church does not permit.

Source: (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_kavkazcenter(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/eng/content/2006/08/21/5360.shtml"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_kavkazcenter(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/eng/content/2006/08/21/5360.shtml[/url]

PropellerAds
And on the other hand, he continued, he did not want to be constrained by the Moscow Patriarchate's slavish obedience to the policies of the Russian state. A religious leader should be free to express himself about all issues involving moral questions, something he said the Orthodox Church does not permit.

Fascinating. What makes him think that his Mullah or his new found faith is going to tolerate dissent from moral teachings?

Apparently this guy doesn't understand Orthodoxy either inasmuch as we are not permitted to worship any but God. We HONOR the saints who came before us and ask their prayers because they live with God and see Him face to face.

He really didn't know his own faith very much.

Ed the Byzantine

........He really didn't know his own faith very much.

I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan ( devil ) the cursed, the rejected.

With the name of Allah (swt) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continously Merciful

:D

Holy Quran : click to listen in multi - languages:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamicity(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/MOSQUE/ARABICSCRIPT/AYAT/1/1_1.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamicity(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/MOSQUE/ARABICSCRIPT/AYAT/1/1_1.htm[/url]

&&&

One Never Converts to Islam, But Only Returns Back to Nature

I must remind the Christians that unless they believe in the absolute unity of God, and renounce the belief in the three persons, they are certainly unbelievers in the true God ...

The Old Testament and the Qur'an condemn the doctrine of three persons in God; the New Testament does not expressly hold or defend it, but even if it contains hints and traces concerning the Trinity, it is no authority at all, because it was neither seen nor written by Christ himself, nor in the language he spoke, nor did it exist in its present form and contents for - at least - the first two centuries after him."

Before he became a Muslim and changed his name to Abdul-Ahad Dawud, Rev. David Benjamin Keldani, B.D. was a Roman Catholic priest of the Uniate-Chaldean sect. He was born in 1867 at Urmia in Persia; educated from his early infancy in that town. From 1886-89 (three years) he was on the teaching staff of the Archbishop of Canterbury’s Mission to the Assyrian (Nestorian) Christians at Urmia. In 1892 he was sent by Cardinal Vaughan to Rome, where he underwent a course of philosophical and theological studies at the Propaganda Fide College, and in 1895 was ordained Priest.

In 1892 Professor Dawud contributed a series of articles to The Tablet on “Assyria, Rome and Canterburyâ€; and also to the Irish Record on the “Authenticity of the Pentateuch.†He has several translations of the Ave Maria in different languages, published in the Illustrated Catholic Missions. While in Constantinople on his way to Persia in 1895, he contributed a long series of articles in English and French

the New Testament does not expressly hold or defend it

I find it odd that you would even quote the New Testament as a defense for your position since all I have read in this forum indicates to me that Muslims consider the New Testament to be of spurious origin and tampered with by men whos goals were to gain power, authority, and possibly material gain. Have I stated view this correctly?

I also find it interesting that you quote the Old Testament when you reject the religion of the Jews.

As I understand it, your position is that Muhammad was the last of the prophets and that he brought the full, final, and complete revelation of the one God to mankind? Is that correct?

If that is so, then that means that prophecy is, from the creation of man and his fall, a constant revealing of truth to man as he could receive and understand it. Therefore, if Jesus was indeed a prophet (which I accept), then His revelation should not only be in line with all those who came before Him, but should give us more and better understanding of God.

The men who walked with Jesus, who ate with Him, who talked with Him about the issues of life and the life hereafter, reported that He claimed to the manifestation of the one God. He said "If you have seen me, you have seen the Father."

In the Gospel of John, it iwas reported of Him that during a discourse with the Jews, they stopped and picked up stone with which to stone Him. He replied to them "For which good work do you stone me."

"Not for a good work do we stone thee, but that thou, being merely a man, makest thyself EQUAL TO GOD." The thing that Jesus had said was this:

"Before Abraham was, I AM" I AM was one of the names by which God revealed Himself to Moses when Moses asked God "Who shall I say has sent me (regarding Pharoah)"

God replied "Tell Him I AM that I AM".

By the way, you sound very much like a Fundamentalist Christian when you state that the Bible does not teach the Trinity. They ara fond of denying the Catholic Faith by saying that it doesn't exist in the Bible. But the Bible teaches in several ways. Direct quotes or teachings is just one of the ways.

And.....my point in the sentence I wrote was simply to say again.....we do not WORSHIP the saints. We are forbidden to do this.

I you wish to, I would be glad to engage you in further discussion in this matter.

Ed the Byzantine

Hi

we do not WORSHIP the saints. We are forbidden to do this.

It depends on how u define worship..our defenition of worship is most probably different from urs .

Asking for intercession,thanking them for favours recieved from saints are forms of polytheism,this is the same concept that the polytheists use to justify their idolworship .I have many a times seen in the newspapers christians thanking some saint who died hundreds of years ago for some favour which they recieved .....

"And do not invoke besides Allah that which neither benefits you nor harms you, for if you did, then indeed you would be of the wrongdoers(polytheists)"[10:106]

"Those whom they invoke besides Allah create nothing and are themselves created " [16:20]

"And they worship besides Allah that for which He has not sent down authority and that of which they have no knowledge. And there will not be for the wrongdoers any helper."[22:71]

O people, an example is presented, so listen to it. Indeed, those you invoke besides Allah will never create [as much as] a fly, even if they gathered together for that purpose. And if the fly should steal away from them a [tiny] thing, they could not recover it from him. Weak are the pursuer and pursued. [22:73]

These are some verses among the many which clearly logically argues the futility of relying on men when they couldnot even control their own deaths ...how can they help u when they are themselves dead unable to hear ur calls much less intercede for you.

By the way, you sound very much like a Fundamentalist Christian when you state that the Bible does not teach the Trinity.

I dont like to use the word fundamentalist...its always thrown around at people whom u dont agree with or [at] those you couldnt change the opinion of ...so i would call u a fundamentalist trinitarian ...but name calling leads to no where.

In any case next time some "Fundamentalist Christian "claims what u claim they do u should know that this person is confused about the "mystery" that is trinity ,that is the only reason he denies it .If u dont mind tell him that Islam is a purely monotheistic faith with out the mystery of trinity and they worship the creator directly with intermediaries,intercessor etc and they consider Jesus to only be a prophet .

Iam not intersted in a discussion on the invalidity and or the validity of OT or NT because iam not knowledgable about them and i think most forum members are not .What i can do is suggest some books which are written by former christians -either u can call it propoganda with out even opening them or u can read them honestly and know why they took the path they took .The choice is yours and no soul shall bear the burden of the other

1.(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_learn-Islam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/showthread.php?t=16"]Before NICEA-The early followers of prophet Jesus [/url]

2.(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_learn-Islam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/showthread.php?t=35"]True Message of Jesus Christ[/url]

3.(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamtomorrow(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/bible/"]Yusuf Estes on the Bible[/url] -Yusuf Estes is a former protestant preacher.

4.(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_learn-Islam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/showthread.php?t=58"]Beyon Mere Christianity[/url]

There are many more links/books i can give u if u really want them.

Again if u want to discuss the contents of the book ..iam not the right person .The author of the last books gives his email which is: yusuf10106_AT_aol_DOT_com or u can use the learn-Islam(contact admin if its a beneficial link) where there are a few former christians who would be glad to discuss with you about this topic.

Edited by al-malabari

^^^

"Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them; for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God."

[The Bible, Deuteronomy 5:7-9]

A study of the Christian scriptures reveals that Jesus (pbuh) never claimed divinity. In fact there is not a single unequivocal statement in the entire Bible where Jesus (pbuh) himself says, "I am God" or where he says, "worship me".

In fact the Bible contains statements attributed to Jesus (pbuh) in which he preached quite the contrary. The following statements in the Bible are attributed to Jesus Christ (pbuh):

(i) "My Father is greater than I."

[The Bible, John 14:28]

(ii) "My Father is greater than all."

[The Bible, John 10:29]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_saif_w.tripod(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/interfaith/general/god/inchristianity.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_saif_w.tripod(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/interfaith/genera...hristianity.htm[/url]

&&&

Say: O People of the Scripture!

Come to an agreement between us and you: that we shall worship none but Allah ( God Almighty ),

and that we shall ascribe no partner unto Him,

and that none of us shall take others for lords beside Allah. And if they turn away, then say: Bear witness that we are they who have surrendered (unto Him, i.e. we are Muslims). [Holy Qur'an 3:64]

Very Interesting.

I click on the link in SaladinUK's post, and I go to a page which speaks of the various punishments to be suffered by those who insult the Quran or Muhammad the messenger of God.

Why do I get the distinct feeling this is a threat?

Ed the Byzantine

The evidence from the Gospels culminates in the baptismal commission of Matthew 28:20. It is manifest from the narratives of the Evangelists that Christ only made the great truth known to the Twelve step by step. First He taught them to recognize in Himself the Eternal Son of God. When His ministry was drawing to a close, He promised that the Father would send another Divine Person, the Holy Spirit, in His place. Finally after His resurrection, He revealed the doctrine in explicit terms, bidding them "go and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost" (Matthew 28:18). The force of this passage is decisive. That "the Father" and "the Son" are distinct Persons follows from the terms themselves, which are mutually exclusive. The mention of the Holy Spirit in the same series, the names being connected one with the other by the conjunctions "and . . . and" is evidence that we have here a Third Person co-ordinate with the Father and the Son, and excludes altogether the supposition that the Apostles understood the Holy Spirit not as a distinct Person, but as God viewed in His action on creatures.

Of course, the easy way to get around this problem is to simply insist, as I have seen here on the board, that these are not the original and true words of Jesus, but are corruptions which came later.

Ed the Byzantine.

Just a little more...

He declares that He will come to be the judge of all men (Matthew 25:31). In Jewish theology the judgment of the world was a distinctively Divine, and not a Messianic, prerogative.

One must not just look for a direct quotation wherein Jesus says "I am God" but one must study the actions and words of Jesus. As said, He takes to Himself divine perogative here....that of the Final Judgment of all mankind.

In the parable of the wicked husbandmen, He describes Himself as the son of the householder, while the Prophets, one and all, are represented as the servants (Matthew 21:33 sqq.).

He is the Lord of Angels, who execute His command (Matthew 24:31).

He approves the confession of Peter when he recognizes Him, not as Messias -- a step long since taken by all the Apostles -- but explicitly as the Son of God: and He declares the knowledge due to a special revelation from the Father (Matthew 16:16-17).

Finally, before Caiphas He not merely declares Himself to be the Messias, but in reply to a second and distinct question affirms His claim to be the Son of God. He is instantly declared by the high priest to be guilty of blasphemy, an offense which could not have been attached to the claim to be simply the Messias (Luke 22:66-71).

St. John's testimony is yet more explicit than that of the Synoptists. He expressly asserts that the very purpose of his Gospel is to establish the Divinity of Jesus Christ (John 20:31). In the prologue he identifies Him with the Word, the only-begotten of the Father, Who from all eternity exists with God, Who is God (John 1:1-18). The immanence of the Son in the Father and of the Father in the Son is declared in Christ's words to St. Philip: "Do you not believe, that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me?" (14:10), and in other passages no less explicit (14:7; 16:15; 17:21). The oneness of Their power and Their action is affirmed: "Whatever he [the Father] does, the Son also does in like manner" (5:19, cf. 10:38); and to the Son no less than to the Father belongs the Divine attribute of conferring life on whom He will (5:21). In 10:29, Christ expressly teaches His unity of essence with the Father: "That which my Father hath given me, is greater than all . . . I and the Father are one." The words, "That which my Father hath given me," can, having regard to the context, have no other meaning than the Divine Name, possessed in its fullness by the Son as by the Father.

Rationalist critics lay great stress upon the text: "The Father is greater than I" (14:28). They argue that this suffices to establish that the author of the Gospel held subordinationist views, and they expound in this sense certain texts in which the Son declares His dependence on the Father (5:19; 8:28). In point of fact the doctrine of the Incarnation involves that, in regard of His Human Nature, the Son should be less than the Father. No argument against Catholic doctrine can, therefore, be drawn from this text. So too, the passages referring to the dependence of the Son upon the Father do but express what is essential to Trinitarian dogma, namely, that the Father is the supreme source from Whom the Divine Nature and perfections flow to the Son. (On the essential difference between St. John's doctrine as to the Person of Christ and the Logos doctrine of the Alexandrine Philo, to which many Rationalists have attempted to trace it, see LOGOS.)

Ed the Byzantine

In the Name of Allah ( God Almighty ) , the Most Compassionate, the Most Merciful

^^^

*I find it odd that you would even quote the New Testament .......I also find it interesting that you quote the Old Testament when you reject the religion of the Jews.

---I forgot to give the link...sorry. Actually, it was written by a former Christian . He is asking other Christians to think about the Truth. That's why , he quoted from OT & NT.

Anyway , I believe , we Muslims must read & give example from OT/NT for comparison purposes. To understand , which one is the best , we need to know about other holy books.

*As I understand it, your position is that Muhammad was the last of the prophets and that he brought the full, final, and complete revelation of the one God to mankind? Is that correct?

---------- :D

"… Muhammad is Messenger of Allah & Final Seal of the Prophets." 33:40

Those to whom We have given the Book know this as they know their own sons. Those who have lost their own souls refuse therefore to believe. 6:20

O ye who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the apostle, and make not vain your deeds!

Surah Muhammad; 47: 33

..........ART THOU THAT PROPHET? And he answered, No". John 1:19-21

We notice that there are three distinct prophecies here: 1. Elias, 2. Jesus, 3. That prophet.

If "that prophet" were Jesus (pbuh) wouldn't the third question in both verses be redundant?

If we are to believe that " that prophet " is the holy ghost, then did John look like a ghost?

................. In the Book of Isaish. Chapter 29, verse 12, we read: "AND THE BOOK" (al-Kitaab,al-Quran the 'Reading', the 'Recitation') "IS DELIVERED TO HIM THAT IS NOT LEARNED," (Isaiah 29:12)

"THE UNLETTERED PROPHET " (Holy Qur'an 7:158) and the biblical verse continues : "SAYING, READ THIS, I PRAY THEE:"

(the words "I pray thee", are not in the Hebrew manuscripts; compare with the Roman Catholics' "Douay Version and also with the "Revised Standard Versions") "AND HE SAITH, I AM NOT LEARNED."

"I am not learned." is the exact translation of the Arabic words which Muhummed (p) uttered twice to the Holy Ghost - the Archangel Gabriel, when he was commanded : "READ!".

USEFUL LINKS: Muslim Christian Dialogue

H. M. Baagil, M.D

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.iad(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.iad(contact admin if its a beneficial link)[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.harunyahya(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/m_download.php"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.harunyahya(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/m_download.php[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.prophetmuhammed(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.prophetmuhammed(contact admin if its a beneficial link)[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_saif_w.tripod(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/explore/iman/muhammad.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_saif_w.tripod(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/explore/iman/muhammad.htm[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_jamaat(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/muh-christ/intro.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_jamaat(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/muh-christ/intro.html[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.angelfire(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/me4/islaam/Muhammad8.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.angelfire(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/me4/islaam/Muhammad8.html[/url]

Apostle John wrote, Jesus was "an Unique son" of God... Apologist Jerome made him "the Begotten son" of God...

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.mostmerciful(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.mostmerciful(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.html[/url]

Please send your comments to author

Akbarally Meherally at mailto:webmaster[at]mostmerciful.

om

* We HONOR the saints who came before us and ask their prayers because they live with God and see Him face to face.

-------why don't u ask God directly ? Why u need to go through the saints ? In Islam & to my knowledge in ur religion, if we believe that except God Almighty ,someone else has any power to accept prayers ....it's called shirk......blasphemy. God does not forgive this sin if one dies without repentance.

You shall not make for yourself an idol ..... You shall not bow down to them or worship them (Exodus 20:1-5) ; The Son can do nothing of himself..." (John 5:19).

God is only one & Jesus (p) reminded u that it's the most imp law.

NT tells u ---No man hath seen God at any time." (John 1:18). "Ye have neither heard His voice at any time nor seen His shape." (John 5:37)

Anyway , if it's possible for saints to see God , surely it did not make them god . So, why u need to pray to Saints ?

Can u give me some verses from ur holy book that says u can't pray to God directly & u must ask saints to fulfill ur prayers ? If u have time, pl. also explain, why non-Catholic are sending Mother Teresa to hell ?

Hope, i did not hurt ur feelings. I really want to know about other religions .

Holy Quran , Surah 112. The Unity, Sincerity, Oneness Of Allah

[marque]1. Say: He is Allah ( God Almighty ) , the One and Only ( to be worshipped ) ;

2. Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;

3. He begets not, nor is He begotten;

4. And there is none like Him.

&&

A collection of confessions of the scholars who edited the New American Bible.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_3.sympatico.ca/shabir.ally/new_page_21.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_3.sympatico.ca/shabir.ally/new_page_21.htm[/url]

The New American Bible is an official Christian Bible. It is published by the Catholic Book Publishing Co., New York, 1986.

A letter from the Vatican, including the signature of the Pope, appears in the preface to guarantee the reliability of this Bible for Catholics.

Four Gospels are not really biographies of Jesus. Matthew placed Jesus in Egypt to convince his readers that Jesus was the real israel.

The Gospels often represent Jesus in controversy and conversation. "One may ask: Was Jesus involved in these conversations? Did He answer exactly as related in the Bible? It is not certain."

%%%

“Virgin Birth omitted by Church of Scotland †(The Daily News, May 22,1990)

In the Name of Allah ( God Almighty ) , the Most Compassionate, the Most Merciful

^^^

* Why do I get the distinct feeling this is a threat?

-- I answered to the similar type of question in another post. Christians are sending all Muslims to hell.....we don't complain about this. At least , i never saw in any article that Christians are so fanatic/fundamentalists ...that's why they think all Muslims will go to hell etc, etc .

But why this allegation is made against us that it's unfair to think that many non-Muslims will go to hell ?

If u really believe that ur lord Jesus (p) will save u from hell fire , then u must not bother what we think about ur eternal life as we don't bother when Christians try to tell us if won't accept Jesus (p) as Savior , how he will burn us .

Is there any confusion in ur mind about the life hereafter ? Otherwise , why did u react like this ?

On the authority of `Adi Ibn Hatim (ra), it is reported that he heard the Messenger of Allah reciting this Qur'anic verse:

" They have taken their rabbis and their monks as lords beside Allah and [they take as a lord] Al-Maseeh, `Eesaa, the son of Maryam, yet they were not commanded but to worship One God: None has the right to be worshipped but He - Praise and Glory to Him: [Far is He] from having the partners they associate [withHim]" (Qur'an 9:31)

"...and I said to him : "We don't worship them." He said: "Do they not forbid what Allah has permitted and do you not then forbid it (to yourselves), and do they not make permissible for you what Allah has forbidden, and do you not then make it permissible (to yourselves)?" I replied: "Certainly!" He said: "That is worshipping them."

The Christians worship the Prophet Isa (PBUH) as though he were Allah, they depict images of the Prophets and create pictures and statues of their "saints" and many others

On the authority of `A`ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) it is reported that the Messenger of Allah said:

"The most severely punished of people on the Day of Resurrection will be those who try to make the like of Allah's creation." (Sahih Bukhari and Muslim)

The Christian belief is centred around Polytheism in the form of the Trinity and the idea that Allah has been born on Earth, when he has not been, nor will be.

Sura 112 states:

"Say: He is Allah, the One! Allah, the eternally Besought of all! He begetteth not nor was begotten. And there is none comparable unto Him."

All of the Prophets taught Tawhid, Divine Unity. To say otherwise is to lie and to slander the Prophets and the Message given to them by Allah. I am pleased that the Priest reverted to Islam and accepts Monotheism. Allah has touched his heart and awoken his mind. Insha Allah, many others will accept Monotheism aswell.

Otherwise , why did u react like this ?[/u]

Did you actually READ the article in the link? Or are you just responding off the cuff?

Our ‘ulama have all confirmed that this judgment comes down on the Muslim, the Dhimmi, that is someone under the protection of the Muslims, and the kafirun. All are liable to this legal judgment.

“In ‘The Book of Muhammad’, the companions of Malik have told us that he said that whoever curses the Messenger of Allah, or any other Prophet, be he Muslim or kafir, is killed without being asked to repent. Ibn Wahb related from Ibn ‘Umar that a monk made a verbal attack on the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace. Ibn ‘Umar asked, ‘Why did you not kill him?’â€

“In ‘An-Nawadir’, written by Ibn Abi Zaid al-Qayrawani, author of the renowned ‘Risala’, from the version of Sahnun, from Malik, we find that any jew or christian who reviles the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, in other than the normal way by which the jews and christians reject him is beheaded unless he becomes a Muslim.â€

Muhammad ibn Sahnun said that even if a man claims that it is part of his religion to insult the Messenger, and so in his religion it is lawful, that makes no difference to us. If he openly insults our Messenger, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, then our religion makes it lawful to kill him. This surely is the inescapable centre of the current affair. The arrogant kuffar have to learn that the world contains a two-billion community who have a different set of Laws from theirs, and who can never be detached from that Law, for while their laws are inspired by fear, ours are inspired by love. Qadi ‘Iyad gives an interesting narration on Malik that could be said to represent exactly the emotion of the millions of Muslims across the world that have been so disturbed by this affair.

Clear now?

Ed the Byzantine.

BTW -- There is a rather lenthy history of Muslims killing Orthodox Christians and others who refuse to convert to the Islam religion. I guess refusing to convert qualifies as "insulting the Quran also."

why don't u ask God directly ? Why u need to go through the saints ? In Islam & to my knowledge in ur religion, if we believe that except God Almighty ,someone else has any power to accept prayers ....it's called shirk......blasphemy. God does not forgive this sin if one dies without repentance.

In studying our Holy Scriptures, we see that often one person prays for another and God graciously accepts the prayers of the first to give mercy to the second.

Therefore, while we certainly go directly to God to ask His mercy, we also ask those who are alive in Heaven with God (they are NOT dead), to intercede for us just as they did for others when they were alive in the flesh with us.

Since the doors of Heaven have been opened to mankind through the death of Christ the Savior, there are souls of the righteous who are with God and are able to add their perfect intercessions to my imperfect prayers.

Moreover, the understanding of the Christian Bible is that we exist as a family, and thus, as one family member does for another, we pray for each other. I pray for the health and well being of those I know down here on earth, and the saints offer prayers for us in Heaven. The difference is, of course, that my prayers are imperfect, while they only pray in perfect accord with the will of God.

BTW -- I do have a question. Do you, as a Muslim, pray to God for your Muslim friends when they get sick or have other temporal needs?

Ed the Byzantine

Did you actually READ the article in the link? Or are you just responding off the cuff?

Clear now?

Ed the Byzantine.

BTW -- There is a rather lenthy history of Muslims killing Orthodox Christians and others who refuse to convert to the Islam religion. I guess refusing to convert qualifies as "insulting the Quran also."

You taking things out of context but will explain it later. Need to... pee..

and you should learn about Trimurti. It's 92% same with Trinity (except different name and description of who's the father, son and the Spirit.

Edited by abdul_rahman

salam alkeuim

masallah that is incredible may Allah bless him

^^^

• Did you actually READ the article in the link?

-----no. To know about Islam , pl. read Holy Quran. Even when it’s war time , Muslims must not kill all.

Surah 9. Repentance, Dispensation

9: 6. If one amongst the Pagans ask thee for asylum, grant it to him, so that he may hear the word of Allah. and then escort him to where he can be secure. That is because they are men without knowledge.

No offence , pl. but I guess, u know well that , Bible tells u to kill ALL citizens if u see any single person is worshipping idols.

• In studying our Holy Scriptures, we see that often one person prays for another and God graciously accepts the prayers of the first to give mercy to the second…… I do have a question. Do you, as a Muslim, pray to God for your Muslim friends

-----praying for someone & pray to someone are 2 different things, right ? Of course , we pray for our friends , relatives & others .

We pray to God to bless our holy Prophets (pbut ). We offer Darud-e- Ibrahim [ Abraham (p) in Bible ] in our 5 times compulsory prayers & other extra prayers.

Do u know about this or want to know ?

Here it is ( the English translation)

&&&

"Oh Allah, let your peace come upon Muhammad(saw) and the family of Muhammad(saw) as you have sent peace upon Ibrahim (A.S.) and his family. Truly you are praiseworthy and glorious."

"Oh, Allah, bless Muhammad(saw) and the family of Muhammad(saw) as you have blessed Ibrahim (A.S.) and his family.

Truly you are praiseworthy and glorious."

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.guidedones(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/metapage/salat/salat_chp3b.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.guidedones(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/metapage/salat/salat_chp3b.htm[/url]

• we also ask those who are alive in Heaven with God

----pl. show verse from ur holy book that u need to do it or u are allowed to do it. Do u believe , Saints have power to accept ur prayers? Justify ur belief by showing verses from Bible.

Edited by bluesky

BTW -- I do have a question. Do you, as a Muslim, pray to God for your Muslim friends when they get sick or have other temporal needs?

Ed the Byzantine

Yes we do. And we also pray for our dead muslims friends. Not ask the dead to pray for us. Because the dead cant hear.

Ed the Byzantine

It's one thing to pray for a friend when they are ill. It's a completely different thing to believe that God will accept your prayer over theirs simply because you "have more faith".

Christians believe that priests are closer to God, and therefore, will intercede on their behalf so that God may accept their prayer. Muslims simply believe that the best way to God is to speak to him directly.