Islamic Forum
male

Ever Heard Of Tinnitus?

Salaam

I am going through a very difficult time. I always had the intention to become a good Muslim but somehow I always ended up doing the wrong things. I always prayed to Allah to help me to become a good Muslim but it never worked. Living a life by committing endless sins everyday was not enough punishment for me. Allah has now given me a disease that has no cure and no one knows if there will be any cure in my lifetime. I've slight hearing loss in my both ear and there is a possibility that my hearing loss is progressive. The worst of my problem is that I hear a ringing noise all the time. I can’t get proper sleep and don’t enjoy anyone's company any more. Study was the only thing I was good at and now I can’t even study anymore!

Since childhood, I went through so many horrific events. No wonder why I often find myself questioning about the existence of Most Merciful Allah! I don’t want to bore you by telling you all this stories. However, I must tell how I damaged my hearing (so you will get an idea of Allah's wrath).

Apart from being a full time degree student, I used to work as a part time delivery driver in an Indian takeaway. About 3 months ago, I was in the kitchen packing an order for a meal. I bent down to pick up a box and the chef stood next to me holding a frying pan very close to my head. For some reason, the chef had to hit the frying pan with a spoon really hard. From that moment, my life took a U turn. I developed hearing loss and developed some nasty disease called Tinnitus on the spot.

Now if you imagine the whole thing you will come to know whether the whole thing was a mere coincidence or Allah's perfect plan! I bent down for 2-3 seconds, the chef had to come out of nowhere and stand next to me, hit the bl oody frying pan unintentionally within that 2-3 seconds and turn my whole life a disaster. And, Allah had to do all this just 6 months before my wedding with my girlfriend who I've been with for nearly 8 yrs (I guess love stories don't get any worse than that :D ). Also this is a very crucial time for my accounting career prospect.

I know that love before marriage is haram in Islam (I regret for not knowing it for the last 8 yrs). I committed countless sins (e.g. abandoning salaat and other bad stuff) but still I had faith on Allah. I always used to think all my sins are nothing comparing with Allah's mercy. To be honest, now I doubt it! I just cant figure it out, I am person of weak faith, trying day and night to become a good Muslim and Allah put me through all this knowingly that I would loose faith on him (I am not complaining about Allah, though I wish there was someone to complain about him apart from himself :D ). First, Allah has descended us from heaven for someone else's sin and yet he plans to put some of us in hell forever for sins which we committed because of shytan or just because we are too stupi d to distinguish right from wrong. And why do some of us have to stay in hell forever? Why does Allah even need hell? Surely we are incapable of doing any damage to him or his attribute by committing any sins. I was always confused with this type of questions. I knew no one had the right answers for them but a theory or possible explanation, yet I did put my faith on Allah and now hate watching it fade away everyday.

Never thought I would be that desperate to post about my desperateness on an internet forum. I understand no one can help me but Allah. I posted my story now because it might be too late to say sorry to Allah for my part in evil deeds. Posted it here, so you can all be my witness to my desperateness in seeking Allah's forgiveness. Wish Allah would help me as soon as possible (hopefully before I become atheist or convert!). Please pray for me. Hope someone will learn something from my mistakes and maybe the purpose of my life is to show others the consequences of not following Allah's path.

Sorry about the long post and thanks for your time reading and replying. :D

Just in case you don’t know what is tinnitus (its better you don’t come to know it personally :D )

ww w.rnid.or g.u k/information_resources/tinnitus/

PropellerAds

P.s. forgot to mention about how many people commit suicide due to Tinnitus. I would have done it by now but I guess I am getting a bit scared of Allah lately. Hope Allah never force me to do such act. Sometimes I wish Allah had at least allowed assisted dying to ease of pain.

Also, one of the main reason for posting all this is to get dua from muslim brothers and sisters. Since I am Allah's least favourite and he is reluctant to accept my prayer, could you guys pray for me. thanks

wa 'alaykum as salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

Brother I am quite shocked at this post! How can you say that you're not sure if Allah will forgive you? Of course He will if you regret what you did, ask sincerely, and have the intention never to do it again!

How can you say that it is a punishment, and that you're Allah's least favorite? How do you know it isn't a test because of how much He loves you?

How can you say you're thinking of converting when you fear Allah? Fear Allah, then come on back to the Straight Path, don't stray away from it!

Do you know what atheism means? NOT believing in the Almighty. You believe in Him, and not only do you believe in Him, but you have an advantage because you fear Him. Now only one thing left: love Him.

Remember that Allah's Mercy prevails over His wrath! Remember that we start anything we do by saying "in the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful" and not "the Punisher, the Avenger."

Bro suicide is NEVER the answer to anything. Take those thoughts out of your mind, throw them away somewhere you can't get them back! You're a believer, and Allah's doors are always open. Turn to Him, bro, you gotta turn to Him, not away from Him. I know you know this but you need to put it into practice as much as possible. You have to turn to Him.

Don't try to escape from your problem, face it with courage and the power of a believer. Remember that Allah is on your side, and He can love all of us no matter what we have done. He can erase all of our sins easily.

Don't despair, we're all here for you. Don't let yourself feel sorry for yourself. You're better than that and you can get past this.

Insha'Allah you'll be in my du'aa.

Stay strong,

wassalaamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh

Also bro, one more thing, I think you should check this out, but make sure you ask your doctor about it first.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.sonarx(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/?gclid=CN7grsHh_oYCFQc0LAodVnEuA"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.sonarx(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/?gclid=CN7grsHh_oYCFQc0LAodVnEu

A[/url]

:D brother

i can understand how you must be suffering with tinnitus. my father in law also has tinnitus - for the last 15 yrs. according to him tinnitus is at its worst when everything is quiet.he says it helps if you have some background noise. i don't know what the doctors would say but he goes about his work with a walkman playing verses from the holy Qur'an. i suggest you try this.

i pray that Allah may grant you relief from this suffering.

and don't even think of suicide or leaving Islam.

:D

Maybe this punishment from Allah in the form of Tinnitus will purify you from all your sins inshallah.

I know a brother who had the same problem, he got cupping done on his neck just under his ear and he said it did improve. I advise you to try it, its from the sunnah anyway.

May Allah make it easy for you

How can you call it Punishment ? If this is punishment then all those people in hospital with terminal illness must be sinister people in the world.

no my friend , Allah has its own ways . Just pray to Allah for the ease in your life and things will be all right .

Salam

Thanks for your replies. Just to let you know that there is absolutely no known medication/treatment that can cure tinnitus (most ads on internet are money making schemes). Hope Allah would be a bit kind on me and I will get better. I will try all available treatments one by one, starting with cupping. I heard many people wasted thousands on treatment but no positive result. I already gave up hope of getting cured through medical treatment. I need prayer. So please pray for me. Thanks

Abu Hurairah narrates that the Prophet, peace be upon him, said: "When Allah wants to be good to someone, He tries him with some hardship."

Abu Hurairah also reports that Allah's Messenger, peace be upon him, said: "For every misfortune, illness, anxiety, grief, or hurt that afflicts a Muslim -even the hurt caused by the pricking of a thorn - Allah removes some of his sins." Ibn Mas'ud said: "I visited the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, while he had a fever. I exclaimed: 'O Messenger of Allah! You have a high fever! ' He said: 'My fever is as much as two among you [might have]. ' I asked: 'Is it because you have a double reward?' He replied: 'Yes, that is right. No Muslim is afflicted with any hurt, even if it is no more than the pricking of a thorn, but Allah wipes off his sins because of it and his sins fall away from him as leaves fall from a tree'."

Abu Hurairah said: "The Prophet, peace be upon him, remarked: 'The example of a believer is like a fresh tender plant; from whichever direction the wind blows, it bends the plant. But when the wind dies down, it straightens up again. (Similarly a believer is tested by afflictions to strengthen his faith and heart, and he remains patient and firm). And an evil person is like a pine tree which remains hard and stiff until Allah breaks it whenever He wills."

alslam alykom. really very sorry to hear about your problem bro. i can relate to you, i've had Tinnitus for a couple of weeks and i can tell you it is very depressing. but alhamd lillah it was only because i had water behind my ear drums and the doctor told me to just wait.

Brother just pray to Allah, pray pray and pray. ask for help and forgivness. talk to the Almighty with your own words and voice, raise your hands up and ask for forgivness and help. tell him that you need him, and no one else in this universe can help besides him. ask for forgivness brother, Allah Swt may be testing you and erasing your sins at the same time so you can turn back to him and get in the straight road.

Have you married yet? i suggest you do as soon as possible inshallah. do not despair and give up, and remember that this life is temporary, and will soon end with all what is in it. and your REAL life will start after it. think about it your perfect life in JANNAH

Listen to lots of Quran brother, and take it as if Allah is talking to you personally, recite many zikrs and keep Allah in your heart. Make Jihad and Inshallah you will be ok at Emotionally and/or physically.

if you want to talk email or msn me at wesida3000[at]hotmail(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

Salam

Salam

Thank you for your reply. I am so glad that you managed to recover from such a nasty illness. Surely Allah was kind with u and pray that he will remain so forever. As for me; mine is due to hearing loss and chances of recovering is very low (according to statistics). I've started praying salat. I don’t make it five times everyday but trying very hard. Since childhood, I always used to think about Allah and a lot of decisions and sacrifice I made solely because of him. Although now I know that love before marriage is a sin but I did it to stop myself from playing around with girls (I had too many female friends :D ). Sometimes I regret for restricting myself from having some 'fun' while I had the chance. I know a lot of people drinks & date and nothing happen to them. It’s just me who keep getting into trouble regardless to whatever sacrifice I make to please Allah. Maybe I haven't done enough to avoid Allah's anger. Who knows? Anyway, I am trying my best to please Allah and whoever is reading this, pleas pray for your Muslim brother. Hope Allah will ease my suffering very soon. Thanks for the e-mail address. I might have a chat with you sometimes soon. I m not married yet but my wedding is still on (thanks to Allah) regardless to my 24/7 moaning about my illness to my parents and girlfriend . Anyone reading this is invited to my wedding :D . Wish I had the money to send private jets to each of my brothers and sisters in this forum to attend on my big day.

alslam. hehe where is your wedding brother :D. iam too will be married soon inshallah. well man have you ever thought why maybe you are going through this, while the others who never pray or keep Allah in their heart are having fun. have you ever thought that maybe Allah loves you, and that is why you are going through this. he could be preparing you for the future, and have a big reward for your patience. so all you need to do is trust in him and try as much not to commit sins. ask for forgivness while keeping in your heart that you won't do it again. and also keeping in mind that this world is not our final destination, we are only here for a very short time compared to the afterlife.

take care now

Salam

Mahmood

I noticed you said this was Allah(swt) plan let me point out brother everything is Allah plan he didn't make up a plan to make you lose hearing becuase he hates you that's not true. You have to learn everything isn't fair.

Read Quran with translation if Arabic is not your mother tongue . you will get the answers of all your questions .

Brother, try going for Hajj this time. You will be forgiven insha'Allah for your sins and you can then make dua for yourself.

Salam everyone

I am planning to go to hajj (omrah) next year. I bet everyone I know would be surprised by this news. I am getting married too young; will be graduating (isnhallah) earlier than everyone else in my group and now I am planning to go to hajj earlier than anyone. I even got chronic illness too early in life. WoW! Things are happening too fast for me. Hope death isn't coming that fast. I am nowhere close to prepared to face Allah :D .

One of the biggest things I regret for is forgetting how to read the quran. I was so busy that even my parents had to make appointment to see me even though I was living on the same house. No wonder I forgot most of the suras I memorised and forgot all bout Islam. I was preoccupied with my career prospect, power, money and luxury cars. Girls, pride of my own success, obsession to be on top of everything has brought the end for me (hope someone's learning something from my story). If Allah forgives a sinner like me, there would be no doubt that Allah is the most merciful. Inshallah I will learn to read quran again. I am planning to participate on a part time course to learn arabic. Hope I will find the answers to my unanswered questions in Quran.

Thanks for your supports. Sorry if I am becoming annoying (and maybe a bit stupid?) by disclosing too much personal information. I get all confused and emotional when it comes to think about Allah and my past.

asalamu alaykum

may Allah grant u a fast recover, ameen

brother how about using black seed/ kalonji as it has the cure for every illness exept death and secondly put a drop of olive oil in each ear on a daily basis. black seed has been recommended in Ahadith while olive(oil) is mentioned both in Quran and Ahadith.

On 8/26/2006 at 9:12 PM, male said:

Salaam

I am going through a very difficult time. I always had the intention to become a good Muslim but somehow I always ended up doing the wrong things. I always prayed to Allah to help me to become a good Muslim but it never worked. Living a life by committing endless sins everyday was not enough punishment for me. Allah has now given me a disease that has no cure and no one knows if there will be any cure in my lifetime. I've slight hearing loss in my both ear and there is a possibility that my hearing loss is progressive. The worst of my problem is that I hear a ringing noise all the time. I can’t get proper sleep and don’t enjoy anyone's company any more. Study was the only thing I was good at and now I can’t even study anymore!

Since childhood, I went through so many horrific events. No wonder why I often find myself questioning about the existence of Most Merciful Allah! I don’t want to bore you by telling you all this stories. However, I must tell how I damaged my hearing (so you will get an idea of Allah's wrath).

Apart from being a full time degree student, I used to work as a part time delivery driver in an Indian takeaway. About 3 months ago, I was in the kitchen packing an order for a meal. I bent down to pick up a box and the chef stood next to me holding a frying pan very close to my head. For some reason, the chef had to hit the frying pan with a spoon really hard. From that moment, my life took a U turn. I developed hearing loss and developed some nasty disease called Tinnitus on the spot.

Now if you imagine the whole thing you will come to know whether the whole thing was a mere coincidence or Allah's perfect plan! I bent down for 2-3 seconds, the chef had to come out of nowhere and stand next to me, hit the bl oody frying pan unintentionally within that 2-3 seconds and turn my whole life a disaster. And, Allah had to do all this just 6 months before my wedding with my girlfriend who I've been with for nearly 8 yrs (I guess love stories don't get any worse than that :D ). Also this is a very crucial time for my accounting career prospect.

I know that love before marriage is haram in Islam (I regret for not knowing it for the last 8 yrs). I committed countless sins (e.g. abandoning salaat and other bad stuff) but still I had faith on Allah. I always used to think all my sins are nothing comparing with Allah's mercy. To be honest, now I doubt it! I just cant figure it out, I am person of weak faith, trying day and night to become a good Muslim and Allah put me through all this knowingly that I would loose faith on him (I am not complaining about Allah, though I wish there was someone to complain about him apart from himself :D ). First, Allah has descended us from heaven for someone else's sin and yet he plans to put some of us in hell forever for sins which we committed because of shytan or just because we are too stupi d to distinguish right from wrong. And why do some of us have to stay in hell forever? Why does Allah even need hell? Surely we are incapable of doing any damage to him or his attribute by committing any sins. I was always confused with this type of questions. I knew no one had the right answers for them but a theory or possible explanation, yet I did put my faith on Allah and now hate watching it fade away everyday.

Never thought I would be that desperate to post about my desperateness on an internet forum. I understand no one can help me but Allah. I posted my story now because it might be too late to say sorry to Allah for my part in evil deeds. Posted it here, so you can all be my witness to my desperateness in seeking Allah's forgiveness. Wish Allah would help me as soon as possible (hopefully before I become atheist or convert!). Please pray for me. Hope someone will learn something from my mistakes and maybe the purpose of my life is to show others the consequences of not following Allah's path.

Sorry about the long post and thanks for your time reading and replying. :D

Just in case you don’t know what is tinnitus (its better you don’t come to know it personally :D )

ww w.rnid.or g.u k/information_resources/tinnitus/

Asalamalaikum brother, I am new to this forum idk how to message privately I have had this tinnitus for almost 4 months now and it has ruined my life and advice? Can you private message me I feel so suicidal. I'm only 23 I pray that things got better for you and maybe you reply to me.