Islamic Forum
mohsin_407

Whilst In Wudhoo

Salaam alaykum brothers and sisters,

Hows everyone doing? Alhamdulillah your all well.

The question that i want to ask, is some what to do with wudhoo and music.

We all know that there are many things that can break our wudhoo, like for instance, listening to music, backbitting, going to the toilet, lieing (not sure if i spelt that right, but you get what i mean) etc etc.

I'll give you an example and this is while i'm in wudhoo..... i'm upstairs listening to a lecture or watching a lecture online, and i want to see what my parents and brothers are doing downstairs, so when i come downstairs i see that their watching tv or a drama of some sort, and then suddenly music starts playing in the background or a song comes up in the tv, remember my intention is not listen to the music but to see what my parents and brothers are doing, thats all i want to see.

So after this, my question is that whilst i'm in wudhoo and unintentionally a song or music in the background starts to come up on tv, (remember unintentionally), does this break my wudhoo even if i want to just listen to the dialogue that the actors/acteresses are saying, does this still make my break my wudhoo.

I hope you all understood my question and inshallah i'll get a reply soon

Mohsin

Edited by mohsin_407

PropellerAds

:D

i didnt even know that listening to music can break your wudhoo?

i didnt even know that listening to music can break your wudhoo?

it can be broken bro, music is ont the things which can break the wudhoo

:D / Peace to all,

With regard to the question asked, i would like to quote the below. Insya'Allaah, it will be able to clear some misconceptions on some of the issues...

But it is mustahabb for the one who commits a sin to do wudoo’, because wudoo’ expiates for sins, as is proven from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

It was mentioned by al-Shiraazi in al-Muhadhdhab (2/73) and Ibn Hazm said in al-Muhalla (1/241), narrating from ‘Aa’ishah, Ibn Mas’ood and others among the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them), that it is enjoined to do wudoo’ after speaking bad words.

Al-Nawawi said in al-Majmoo’ (2/72):

The correct view is that it is mustahabb to do wudoo’ after saying bad words, such as backbiting, malicious gossip, lying, slander, false speech, immoral speech and the like. The purpose of that is expiation for sins, as is proven in the ahaadeeth, but that is not obligatory.

Ibn al-Mundhir said in his books al-Ishraaf and al-Ijmaa’: The scholars are unanimously agreed that it is not obligatory to do wudoo’ after saying bad words such as backbiting, slander, false speech and the like… al-Shafaa’i, Ibn al-Mundhir, al-Bayhaqi and our companions quoted as evidence the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him), according to which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever says in his oath ‘By al-Laat and al-‘Uzza,’ let him say ‘Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah,’ and whoever says to another, ‘Come and gamble with me,’ let him give charity.†Narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim. End quote. i.e., he did not tell him to do wudoo’.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said in al-Ikhtiyaaraat (p. 15):

It is mustahabb to do wudoo’ immediately after committing the sin.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.Islam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?ref=44957&ln=eng"]Source[/url]

As for things that nullify the wudhu, please see the below. We can safely assume that if anything is not in the list, then, Insya'Allaah, it shall not nullify the wudhu, Allaahu 'alaam

The things that break wudoo’ are:

1 – Any discharge from the front or back passage (urine, stools, wind, etc.), except for wind emitted from a woman’s front passage – that does not break wudoo’.

2 – Emission of urine or stools from anywhere other than the urethra or anus.

3 – Losing one’s mind, which may mean losing it altogether by losing one’s mental faculties, which is insanity, or by losing it temporarily for a certain length of time for some reason such as sleep, unconsciousness, intoxication, etc.

4 – Touching one’s penis, because of the hadeeth of Basrah bint Safwaan, who heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Whoever touches his penis, let him do wudoo’.†(narrated by Abu Dawood, al-Tahaarah, 154. al-Albaani said in Saheeh Sunan Abi Dawood, no. 166, it is saheeh).

5 – Eating camel meat, because of the hadeeth of Jaabir ibn Samurah, who said that a man asked the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “Should we do wudoo’ after eating camel meat?†He said, “Yes.†(Narrated by Muslim, al-Hayd, 539).

It should be noted that touching a woman’s body does not break one’s wudoo’, whether that is done with feelings of desire or otherwise, unless anything is emitted as a result of that touching.

See al-Sharh al-Mumti’ by Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, vol. 1, p. 219-250

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.Islam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&QR=14321"]Source[/url]

Allaahu 'alaam

Sis Zabrina

it can be broken bro, music is ont the things which can break the wudhoo

i know it can be broken but was saying that i didnt know that one of the things that can break a wudhoo is music.

Listening to music does not invalidate wudhu.