Sign in to follow this  
diverdown

200 suspected taliban martyred

(www.)"msnbc.msn/id/14653529/"]Link[/url]

NATO:200 Taliban dead in Afghan offensive

Fighting in south inflicts heavy losses; 80 captured; 4 NATO soldiers killed

MSNBC News Services

Updated: 8 minutes ago

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan - NATO and Afghan forces killed more than 200 suspected Taliban guerrillas with air strikes and artillery fire in a major offensive in a volatile province in southern Afghanistan, the alliance said Sunday.

A statement said four soldiers with the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force also died and seven were wounded in the fighting in Panjwayi district, about 10 miles from the city of Kandahar.

The casualty counts could not be independently confirmed because the government ordered vehicles to stay off roads leading to the area and reporters were unable to gain access to the battle zone. There was no indication of bodies being taken to local hospitals.

“Reports indicate that more than 200 Taliban fighters have been killed since Operation Medusa began early Saturday morning,” the NATO force said in a statement.

It said more than 80 suspected Taliban fighters were captured by Afghan police and a further 180 insurgents were seen fleeing the district.

NATO said there were no reports of civilian casualties, despite the heavy weight of fire being used. An Afghan Defense Ministry spokesman, Gen. Zahir Azimi, said earlier in the day that a number of civilians were killed.

NATO said its estimate of Taliban casualties was based on information from its “surveillance and reconnaissance assets” and reports from Afghan officials and civilians living nearby.

A NATO spokesman, Maj. Scott Lundy, said NATO and Afghan troops had gained ground during Operation Medusa and had disrupted the militants’ command and control so their fighters were moving in a confused way.

On Saturday, a reconnaissance plane supporting the offensive crashed, killing all 14 British military personnel on board. NATO said the plane was not brought down by hostile fire.

The insurgency is going through its bloodiest period since U.S.-backed forces overthrew a Taliban government in late 2001 after it refused to hand over al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden after the Sept. 11 attacks on the United States.

More than 2,000 people, most of them militants, along with scores of civilians and aid workers as well as hundreds of Afghan security personnel have been killed so far this year, while over 100 foreign troops, have died, including those killed in Saturday’s plane crash.

The Associated Press and Reuters contributed to this report.

Keep up the good work !!! Nice shooting !! :D :D

mods note- topic title edited, amani

PropellerAds
May the kuffar armies and those who suppoort be cursed and destroyed

Right back at ya', chief. Sticks and stones... :D :D :D

The Associated Press and Reuters contributed to this report.

Keep up the good work !!! Nice shooting !! :D :D

:D/Peace To All

It's amazing how some non-Muslims constantly protest when any Muslim member of this forum is Joyful at the death of any occupation troops on Muslim land, but are mute when someone like diverdown, constantly gloats at the deaths of Muslims.

Aren't those Muslims also human beings? Don't they also have families grieving over their loss?

Don't complain when some Muslims reciprocate those very sentiments, that you constantly exhibit.

This post is in response to Certain non-Muslims (you know who you are), and their provocative posts.

Those Certain individuals I am referring to do not include the following members:

1. Neo

2. llogical

3. bowman

4. Livius

5. Eoin

6. Tom

7. Liberte'

8. Voice of Reason

9. Jersay

10. Russ Of Vespuccia

Just to name a few exemplary members

New Report:

80 thousand members of Taliban were killed in a battle. US Forces lost 1 man, also 2 injured. Ofcourse, we have no way of proving this and have absolutely no evidence but hey, we're reporting it so it must be true!

Since the war on terror begain US forces have killed over 200,000 terrorists. Some idiots claim that the great majority of those killed were children and civilians, but our intelligence sources say otherwise.

There are said to be upto a billion terrorists in the world and for freedom's sake, we're gonna kill them all.

:D

:D/Peace To All...It's amazing how some non-Muslims constantly protest when any Muslim member of this forum is Joyful at the death of any occupation troops on Muslim land, but are mute when someone like diverdown, constantly gloats at the deaths of Muslims...

Well come on boys, bring the noise. And to set it straight, I don't 'gloat over the death of muslims'. But, I love to gloat over the death of Islamofacsists. Big difference, chief. :D

Guest amani
KANDAHAR, Afghanistan - NATO and Afghan forces killed more than 200 suspected Taliban guerrillas with air strikes and artillery fire in a major offensive in a volatile province in southern Afghanistan, the alliance said Sunday.

hmmmmm

Bismillahirrahmaanerraheem

These guys call anyone who has ever carried a weapon in his life a "Taliban" or "terrorist". Now guess what when they say "suspected"...

Keep up the good work !!! Nice shooting !!

:D ..Seriously Duke, what's the point here? I mean a pat on the back is really far fetched. I wouldn't even cheer for HITLER's death, and these guys were SUSPECTED Taliban :D .I doubt if BBC or ETC. has live cams in the desrts...For all we know the skirmish...or massacre cane be based on a misconception. Even If I'm wrong, I don't understand how can ANYONE cheer for death regardless.... justified or not. :D

May the kuffar armies and those who suppoort be cursed and destroyed

Another one :D...Death is not something to wish/cheer for period... :D

(Unless you guys are just saying that to push each other's buttons ..which is really childish) :D

Peace

Edited by llogical

I wish the Mods would stop tampering with my posts. How childish. It should read; '200 Taliban Bite The Dust.'

200 SUSPECTED taliban were killed, astaghfirallah out of them 200 suspected i wonder how many really where taliban... all them people killed merily because they looked like taliban (but then thatd be more or less most afghans)... how sad is this world

200 students killed???

200 students killed???

No, 200 suspected of being students :D The rest were probably babies and old men :D

Edited by newnew

I saw my name wasnt on the list, so just for the record i have never cheered the death of any1.

Anyhoo back on topic, how come the taliban are now worthy of being martys?

Supporters of worldwide terrorism that muslims claim is nothing to do with Islam, its baffling are taliban considered muslims despite there connection to terrorism and there supposedly unislamic atcs while they were in power?

Do people actualy belive this ##??

4 Canadians dead, 200 Taliban Dead

Thats 1 dirty Canadian soldier killing 50 Taliban each

4 Canadian probaly means 40 and 200 Taliban means 2

Wake up fellow Muslims, they are waging "Ideologial Warfare" against us and it looks like its working

word edited by thezman on 9/4/06

If canadian soldiers are professionally so competent, why dont they go to Iraq to help US and UK?

salam alikum

russia was fighting against afghan for 10 yrs, and they we kicked out......

its only a few yrs now for the US in afghan.....they well be beaten and out....then US will collapse like russia insha Allah ....

saber gameel

salam alikum

I wish the Mods would stop tampering with my posts. How childish. It should read; '200 Taliban Bite The Dust.'

I Just received a pm from another member mentioning this. I don't know if that member thought it was me who changed it or not. But, it was NOT me...

I saw my name wasnt on the list, so just for the record i have never cheered the death of any1.

Anyhoo back on topic, how come the taliban are now worthy of being martys?

Supporters of worldwide terrorism that muslims claim is nothing to do with Islam, its baffling are taliban considered muslims despite there connection to terrorism and there supposedly unislamic atcs while they were in power?

What exactly is their connection to terrorism ...have they carpet bombed countries like ur country has done ....Taliban may have been extreme and foolish in some instances but surely they are not all u allege they were .Taliban have not committed any acts of apostasy so they are Muslims,even if they killed innocents they would stay muslim .Killing people is not the biggest crime .

.Killing people is not the biggest crime .

:D..You do understand that this gets the "SUSPECTED" Taliban killers off the hook too ..right :D

Edited by llogical

Killing people is not the biggest crime .

Actually, it is.

Isn't it said that if one person is murdered, it is equivalent to all of humanity being slaughtered?

A life is priceless, bro...

or maybe any topic related to iraq should be... US army drinking oil, and in afghanistan it should be, US army walking in Burqas.

And also there is a name for ur kind... # lol

word edited by thezman on 9/5/06