Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Magister

Seperate Flights For Muslims

Peace

well looking at it in a ease situation... i wouldn't mind having a Muslim only flight, cuz then all the food would be halaal, there would probably be bigger place for wudhu and salaah.

looking at it with the perspective the original poster posted with, i would disagree. if you think muslims with beards and veils are scary, then you can be sure that muslims are also scared of people from other religions. go to india and see how the muslims over there are scared of Hindus and Sikhs.

or why not put yourself into the shoes of an arab in america, knowing that everyone thinks your public enemy #1? see how scared you would be!

PropellerAds

Making muslims second class citizens and marginalising them will only make them think that the west views Islam as a religion as the threat....this will only play into the hands of Al-Qaeda who seek to create divisions and hatred among groups of people.

Peace

Making muslims second class citizens and marginalising them will only make them think that the west views Islam as a religion as the threat....this will only play into the hands of Al-Qaeda who seek to create divisions and hatred among groups of people.

Peace

Obviously! This is such a dumb idea that you shouldn't even bother to think about it.

Obviously! This is such a dumb idea that you shouldn't even bother to think about it.

On the other hand, I'll more easily be able to get those prized extra seats so I can stretch out on long haul flights. Win-win?

Benjamin Franklin did not make that quote, he only published it.

He didn't? Then who did? I hate being wrong.

From another source:

This statement was used as a motto on the title page of An Historical Review of the Constitution and Government of Pennsylvania. (1759) which was attributed to Franklin in the edition of 1812, but in a letter of September 27, 1760 to David Hume, he states that he published this book and denies that he wrote it, other than a few remarks that were credited to the Pennsylvania Assembly, in which he served. The phrase itself was first used in a letter from that Assembly dated November 11, 1755 to the Governor of Pennsylvania. An article on the origins of this statement here includes a scan that indicates the original typography of the 1759 document, which uses an archaic form of "s": "Thoſe who would give up Essential Liberty to purchaſe a little Temporary Safety, deſerve neither Liberty nor Safety." Researchers now believe that a fellow diplomat by the name of Richard Jackson is the primary author of the book. With the information thus far available the issue of authorship of the statement is not yet definitely resolved, but the evidence indicates it was very likely Franklin, who in the Poor Richard's Almanack of 1738 is known to have written a similar proverb: "Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power."

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikiquote(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/Benjamin_Franklin"]Source[/url]

because Muslims will just sit and watch with a hidden smile while more of our innocent civilians are murdered in Islamic Terrorist attacks!

what a preposterous lie!!!! BEING A GOOD QURAN AND SUNNAH FOLLOWING MUSLIM IMPLIES THAT WE HATE AND NEVER APROOVE OF SUCH TERRORIST BLATANT MURDEROUS TACTICTS AS THE LONDON BOMBERS. THEY WERE ACTING AGAINST Islam, JUST AS ANY KNOWLEADGEABLE MUSLIM WILL TELL YOU! YOU SERIOUSLY THINK MUSLIMS LIKE TERRORIST ATTACKS SUCH AS THE ONE IN LONDON? MANY MUSLIMS DIED THAT DAY TOO! HOW DELLUDED YOU ARE

'Whoever kills a person [unjustly]... it is as though he has killed all mankind. And whoever saves a life, it is as though he had saved all mankind.' " (Qur'an, 5:32]

Peace

Still no plan of action then?

Of course in an idealistic world we could pander to the whims of everybody, and bow before the tender sensibilities of all and sundry. However we do not live in an idealistic world, and DO have an internal threat from within the muslim community.

It is quite apparent that the muslim community is unwilling or unable to identify and eliminate this threat, and it would be unfair to charge them with such an imperative task.

Therefore the only logical conclusion would be to introduce new legislation that would help seek out and nulify the threat. The only way to do that would be to pool our resources and concentrate on the demographic from which the threat is most potent.

The muslim community is constantly asking for sensitivity from the majority non-muslim populace. Well now the muslim community should show a little sensitivity of it's own and understand that certain measures have to be undertaken to ensure the safety of all citizens, of all backgrounds.

I'm not advocating muslim only flights. I think this thread is a little tongue-in-cheek.

However, passenger profiling is certainly a viable option.

Muslims don't seem to have any qualms in being identified in the workplace when they ask for special leave for religious festivals, or prayer rooms or prayer breaks etc..., so why the bout of shyness at the airport?

You have nothing to hide, you will be treated in a respectful manner, and you would be doing your bit for national safety. What's the problem?

If it's the actual profiling that offends you, or the perceived insinuation, well that is something you may have to take up with those that have/are tarnishing your name and religion.

I don't believe such measure would further alienate muslims. Those that are prone to alienation are already alienated. They believe the west is at war with Islam, and muslims can do no wrong, with a tawdry conspiracy theory quickly following every act of Islamic terrorism.

With regard to community cohesion, we have nothing to lose.

However, passenger profiling is certainly a viable option.

Well see here's the problem with profiling. If I was to plan and execute a hijacking, I'd make sure that I used a white man for the job, or someone who could pass for white. Naturally I'd supply him with passports that gave his name as non-muslim, or close to non-muslim. I'd make sure he had alcohol on his breath and wore a 'support the troops' T shirt or something similar. I'd also make sure he's munching on a packet of pork rinds. See the problem?

Well see here's the problem with profiling. If I was to plan and execute a hijacking, I'd make sure that I used a white man for the job, or someone who could pass for white. Naturally I'd supply him with passports that gave his name as non-muslim, or close to non-muslim. I'd make sure he had alcohol on his breath and wore a 'support the troops' T shirt or something similar. I'd also make sure he's munching on a packet of pork rinds. See the problem?

That's a lot of trouble you are going to there my friend. I'm sorry our profiling has inconvenienced you and made you change your plans!!

White converts are always going to pose an added facet to the equation, but i'd rather have the possiblity of a few scum slipping through the net of a flawed plan, than have them boarding at will due to no plan at all.

The fact that you would have to go out of your immediate circle and divulge your plan to more people than you would have liked, is of great help. Also you having to obtain fraudulent documentation in the current climate of heightened police activity makes your early detection more of a possibility.

If profiling helps in even the slightest way, it has to be a viable option.

If my family were killed by Islamic terrorists blowing up a plane, and i found out that the airport had not done all they could to prevent it, i'd be highly miffed!!

peace

If you opened your eyes a bit more you would see that the major step you need to take for the security of your nation would be the withdrawal of British troops from Iraq and Afghanistan, and an end to the continued colonial behavious exhibited by your opressive and unjust Foreign Policy. The terrorists such as Bin Laden are committing these terrible attrocities because of the terrible attrocities and injustices of U.S. and British foreign policy (for the most part). Once western governments leave people alone in the Middle East and stop exploiting them, there will be no more suicide bombers on London buses. Misguided muslims are doing this not because of Islam, but because they are brainwashed by extremists into thinking that killing innocent western citizens is a legitimate way to avenge the killing, torture and imprisonment of muslims by US and its allies across the globe.

If you start saying that Muslims are the problem and that Islam is somewhat the enemy of western civilisation (which it is not) you are playing in the hands of extremists who are eager to recruit young, unknowledgeable and easily influenced muslim youth(who often have no real knowledge of Islam) to execute their murderous plans by using the pretext that " AMerica and Britain are killing our muslim brothers and sisters in Iraq and torturing them in Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo SO WE MUST KILL THEM AS RETALIATION....so you see...the ROOT CAUSE OF THESE EVILS IS THE UNJUST AND OPRESSIVE FOREIGN POLICY OF STATES LIKE THE USA AND BRITAIN.

Peace

Edited by anthony19832005

If you opened your eyes a bit more you would see that the major step you need to take for the security of your nation would be the withdrawal of British troops from Iraq and Afghanistan, and an end to the continued colonial behavious exhibited by your opressive and unjust Foreign Policy

Let terrorist dictate your foreign policy or you will have more terrorist. Sorry, it don't work that way in the West. You get rid of them or we will. Really only two choices when you decide to play the terrorist game. Play outside the rules, you lose. Sometimes sooner, sometimes later.

peace

If you opened your eyes a bit more you would see that the major step you need to take for the security of your nation would be the withdrawal of British troops from Iraq and Afghanistan, and an end to the continued colonial behavious exhibited by your opressive and unjust Foreign Policy. The terrorists such as Bin Laden are committing these terrible attrocities because of the terrible attrocities and injustices of U.S. and British foreign policy (for the most part). Once western governments leave people alone in the Middle East and stop exploiting them, there will be no more suicide bombers on London buses. Misguided muslims are doing this not because of Islam, but because they are brainwashed by extremists into thinking that killing innocent western citizens is a legitimate way to avenge the killing, torture and imprisonment of muslims by US and its allies across the globe.

If you start saying that Muslims are the problem and that Islam is somewhat the enemy of western civilisation (which it is not) you are playing in the hands of extremists who are eager to recruit young, unknowledgeable and easily influenced muslim youth(who often have no real knowledge of Islam) to execute their murderous plans by using the pretext that " AMerica and Britain are killing our muslim brothers and sisters in Iraq and torturing them in Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo SO WE MUST KILL THEM AS RETALIATION....so you see...the ROOT CAUSE OF THESE EVILS IS THE UNJUST AND OPRESSIVE FOREIGN POLICY OF STATES LIKE THE USA AND BRITAIN.

Peace

NO. NO and thrice NO!!!

We do not allow murderous extremist filth to set our foreign policy. Whatever our policy may be, whether i agree with it or not, there is no way we should change it under the threat of terrorism from Islamic extremists. What sort of message is that sending, bomb us and we'll do whatever you say?

We're already sending the wrong message of...we do not have the danglies to deal with the internal terrorist threat in an effective direct fashion.

If the british muslim community is eternally going to place overseas foreign national muslims above this country and it's people, this must be taken into account when engaging these people, and securing our country.

Forget foreign policy. What we need is genuine and effective directives from the Home Office to combat our own problems. If these murderous muslims have a gripe with foreign policy, we should really give them something to think about in their own backyards!

Get these people on the run!

If the muslim community thinks it can change foreign policy and set the agenda by continually dangling the threat of terrorism under our noses, it is sadly mistaken.

The threat will be nulified, by hook or by crook, but not by submission and appeasement to and of mass murderers.

Those muslim MP's that signed the letter stating a change in foreign poilcy was neccessary to prevent Islamic terrorism should be put up against a wall for treachory. It is quite obvious where their loyalties lie. I'm sure they received a huge pat on the back down the local Masjid, whilst counting the cash in their publically funded expense account.

And what rules are those?

That may be part of the problem, you have to ask.

It may be (actually it will be) too hard to implement, but if it was possible, I would advocate the seperation of Muslims taking flights with people of other faiths. I know it would be impossible to make it work, because an innocent Pakistani Christian traveller might get confused for a muslim etc. and a muslim might escape through the cracks and make it on board a non-muslim flight. However, it would certainly make people feel safer, like the poor old lady who has palpitations when she sees a long bearded fellow board a flight and the like.

Hi...

wow...that would be cool...

i would'nt mind that...as long as the flights were reasonably priced....

cool...no alcohol on board, halal food....and a place to pray on board...segregation etc...If Allah wills.....

if i was to die on a plane...it would be good to look at muslims who remind me of my Creator and then say my last few Islamic words....THAN to die with people who dont acknowledge their Creator

Still no plan of action then?

Did you even read what I wrote?

Your plan of action will cause more hatred. Your plan of action will only create a further divide. Your plan of action does little to stop the actual threat.

If you fear for plane safety then raise the security level for everyone that gets on a plane, not just Muslims or people who have darker skin. Exactly what problem do you have with this?

You get rid of them or we will

THE WEST HAS KEPT AND SUPPORTED SADDAM HUSSEIN THE MURDEROUS TYRANT. HE WAS THE FRIEND OF THE WEST!!!!! HOW DELLUDED CAN YOU POSSIBLY BE???

AND THE USA IS STILL SUPPORTING THE OPRESSIME DICTATORSHIP OF MUSHARRAF IN PAKISTAN AND OF THE SAUDIS IN SAUDI ARABIA....CANT YOU SEE THE HYPOCRISY???

YOU INSTALL MURDEROUS DICTATORS IN MUSLIM ARAB COUNTRIES TO BENEFIT YOUR NATIONS YET WHEN YOUR APPOINTED DICTATORS(LIKE SADDAM) GO AGAINST YOUR WISHES YOU CALL THEM TYRANTS AND INVADE OUR COUNTRIES KILLING COUNTLESS INNOCENT MUSLIMS AND ITS OK??

HYPOCRITE!!!!

SOrry for shouting but this imbecile type thinking makes me so angry.

Peace

i would'nt mind that...as long as the flights were reasonably priced....

""Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. ""

Yeah, great idea, give up your equal rights....smart, very smart. I got another idea, how about stand up for your rights.

Peace

Those muslim MP's that signed the letter stating a change in foreign poilcy was neccessary to prevent Islamic terrorism should be put up against a wall for treachory. It is quite obvious where their loyalties lie.

Those Muslim MP's deserve a medal of Honor and to be knighted by the Queen. They are obviously more sane and patriotic than Tony Blair and the other MPs who care nothing about the untold human suffering your Foreign Policy has created.

YOUR FOREIGN POLICY ITSELF CREATED THE TERRORIST MONSTERS LIKE AL-QAEDA.........THE FOREIGN POLICY IS THE BIGGEST THREAT TO BRITAIN, AL QAEDA IS JUST THE PRODUCT OF YOUR DISRESPECT FOR ARAB , MUSLIM AND INDEED HUMAN LIFE.

PEACE

THE WEST HAS KEPT AND SUPPORTED SADDAM HUSSEIN THE MURDEROUS TYRANT. HE WAS THE FRIEND OF THE WEST!!!!! HOW DELLUDED CAN YOU POSSIBLY BE???

AND THE USA IS STILL SUPPORTING THE OPRESSIME DICTATORSHIP OF MUSHARRAF IN PAKISTAN AND OF THE SAUDIS IN SAUDI ARABIA....CANT YOU SEE THE HYPOCRISY???

YOU INSTALL MURDEROUS DICTATORS IN MUSLIM ARAB COUNTRIES TO BENEFIT YOUR NATIONS YET WHEN YOUR APPOINTED DICTATORS(LIKE SADDAM) GO AGAINST YOUR WISHES YOU CALL THEM TYRANTS AND INVADE OUR COUNTRIES KILLING COUNTLESS INNOCENT MUSLIMS AND ITS OK??

HYPOCRITE!!!!

Peace

Shout at someone, call them an imbecile and a hypocrite and then sign off with "peace". Ludicrous if you ask me.

You might consider changing your own govenment if reside in one of those countries you mentioned that would be superpowers in their own right if it were not for the US. Or you can just wallow with your brothers in your cult of victimization.

Ever heard of anger management? Anger and hatred can cloud rational thinking. Many examples to be found in this forum, so do not feel alone :D

I am a caucasian white muslim. I have never been to any undemocratic country. I have dual Canadian/Romanian citizenship. Again sorry for shouting, but such childish thinking makes me angry,.....especially when I hear people trying to justify "separate Flights for muslims" as If we were in South Africa. The only nation I know that comes close to such blatant discrimination is Saudi Arabia...and Britain should definately not follow those people. I love Britain, my father and 2 of my uncles have lived and worked in London many years, so it is a multicultural place very dear to me. I love it there. Turning such an oasis of multiculturalism into BNP's wet dream is not good.

BTW, you attack my manner of speech(fair enough), but can you honestly refute any of my points?

Peace

BTW, you attack my manner of speech(fair enough), but can you honestly refute any of my points?

I make it a practice not to attack anyone. That is not to say I always let other's attack slide. It gets tiresome wading throught the hatred.

If you did make a valid point I missed it. Maybe blurred by the anger. I am sorry. Maybe next time.

So no experience with Sharia, eh?

Edited by gill

HYPOCRITE!!!!

Peace

:D Brother,

Could you please not shout.

I sympathise with your frustration, but if you take a step back and examine the situation here, you will see that there are several WUMs (wind up merchants) who have little interest in honest debate but a lot of interest in division and polarising the posters here into ' us and them .'

Please for your own sake don't rise to them, it is better not to reply.

I would ask you to think about the curcumstances of people who spend hours and hours posting on a board that is 'contrary to their views' in such an antagonistic way.

They are more to be pitied than to be scolded.

I have read many of your posts and you have a good heart and that is why I address you so.

You are a Muslim, for your own good and all of ours, please be the best Muslim you can be.

:D

Salaam Abubakar...you are so right, Giving in to these type of people is not beneficial, it just makes us angry which is not good.

I will let the english translation of these Noble Verses from the Holy Qur'an do the talking for me.

When it is said to them: "Do not make mischief on earth," they say: "We make peace." Be aware! They are the ones who make mischief but they do not realize it. When it is said to them: "Believe as the others believe" they sarcastically ask: "Should we believe like fools?" Be aware! They themselves are the fools, if only they could understand. [2:11/12/13]
We have committed to hell multitudes of jinns and humans. They have hearts with which they do not think or understand, eyes with which they do not see, and ears with which they do not hear. They are like animals; no, they are far worse - they are the UNAWARE."

So no experience with Sharia, eh?

Umm...in case you didnt notice, there are NO Muslims alive today who have lived under shariah. This is beaause 0 countries apply shariah. The nations you believe are governed by shariah (Saudi Arabia, etc) are actually not(by far).

If you want to learn more about the sacred law, read about The Prophet(pbuh)'s life and how he ruled as well as the first 3 generations of muslims. Nothing today even remotely compares.

Peace Eh