Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mohsin_407

A2 Accounts

Salaam Alaykum, hows everyone?

First time i been in this part of the forum, well there's a first time for everything

For anyone who's in A2 level and doing ACCOUNTS i need help on Club Accounts, what i don't understand is how to do it......i've got this question and i'd like to see if anyone who does Accounts or who knows something about Accounts or Club Accounts to help me out please, this is the question........

"A club charges £460 p/a for membership. In the year to 31 May 1999 the club had 280 members. During the year 290 members paid one full year subscriptions. This included 20 members who also paid for the year to the end of 31 May 2000. The remaining 10 members sill owed thier membership subscription for the year at 31 May 1999. Show the subscriptions account and extracts from the Recipets and Payments account and the Income and Expenditure account for the club for the year ended 31 May 1999. Where would you put the subs due and subs prepaid on the Balance Sheet of the club at 31 May 1999 and what are the relevant amounts?"

I've tried this question and i've done the reciepts and payments T account and the Income and Exp T account. In the R+P account subs is on the debit side with an amount of 142600 and I+E account with subs on the credit side of amount of 128800.

Subs account i don't get.

Same with the question below

Another question

"A club charges £80 p/a for membership. In the year to 30 June 1999 the club had 300 members. During the year to 30 June 1999 the club recieved £24400 in membership subs. On examinations of the membership records the secretary discovered that 9 members had not paid thier membership subs for the year but had availed of the club services. Show the subs account and extracts from the reciepts and payments account and the income and expenditure account for the club for the year ended 30 June 1999. Where would you put subs due and subs prepaid on the balance sheet of the club at 30 June 1999 and what are the relevant amounts? calculate the number of members who owed for thier subs at 30 June 1999?"

If your not sure on what i'm talking about then let me know because i'm stuck on this, and i need help

Edited by mohsin_407

PropellerAds