Islamic Forum
IbrahimMuhammed

Chavez Vows To Defend Iran Against Any Attack

Chavez vows to defend Iran against any attack

In the wake of Iran’s current high-stakes nuclear standoff with the United Nations Security Council, Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez told Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad at a meeting of the Group of 15 developing nations that "Iran is under threat; there are plans to invade Iran, hopefully it won't happen, but we are with you."

The Iranian president plans a visit to Venezuela, his first, on Sunday, in an effort to strengthen diplomatic and economic ties between the two nations.

Speaking at the Havana summit on Thursday Chavez said: "I ask for full support for the government and the people of Iran in developing their sovereign right to move forward with (nuclear) research,"

"It's part of the formula of the future nuclear energy. We aren't talking about atomic bombs."

President Ahmadinejad has said that he and President Chavez are like “brothers'' in the current heated global struggle, while the Venezuelan leader promised full support for Iran's nuclear program if he won a rotating seat on the UN Security Council during next month’s vote at the world body.

"Under any scenario we are with you just like we are with Cuba," Chavez said. "If the United States invades Cuba, blood will run… We will not have our arms crossed while bombs are falling in Havana or they carry Raul off in a plane," he said, stressing that his country “will stand together with Iran at all times and under any conditions,'' accusing the U.S. of readying plans to invade Iran.

The two leaders are united by strong opposition to the Bush administration’s policies and double standards, largely manifested in dealing with Iran’s nuclear ambitions, as well as Iran's Middle East foe, israel, which President Chavez accused of committing a new “Holocaust†in its recent month-long offensive in Lebanon, in which over 1,000 innocent people, mostly children, died.

Iran and Venezuela have long sought to inflict heavy blow on the U.S. dollar. Last year, President Chavez announced that Venezuela would move its foreign-exchange holdings out of the dollar and into the Eeuro, calling for the creation of a South American central bank that would hold all foreign-exchange holdings of the participating countries in Euros.

Iran on the other hand, started in 2003 demanding oil payment in Euros, not dollars, although the oil itself was still priced in dollars.

Iranian officials have been hinting at the country’s intention to open an Iranian Oil Bourse that will challenge NYMEX (the New York Mercantile Exchange) and IPE (London's International Petroleum Exchange). Nothing has ever been announced about the date of launching such project.

If Venezuela and Iran managed to create global flight of foreign-exchange reserves away from the dollar and into the Euro, the move could cause the value of the U.S. currency to collapse.

Source: (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/cgi-bin/news_service/middle_east_full_story.asp?service_id=11966"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/cgi-bin/news_se...ervice_id=11966[/url]

PropellerAds

Chavez has always been one for big talk. I can't wait for him to try and attack the US militarily.

Chavez has always been one for big talk. I can't wait for him to try and attack the US militarily.

:D

He would use economics not military power.

He is looking at trading oil in euros and not dollars, which would damage the US economy.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.bushstole04(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/peak_oil.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.bushstole04(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/peak_oil.htm[/url]

The dollar vs euro arguments are bunk. While a sagging US dollar hurts in one aspect, it helps in others. Anyone who says that trading oil using euros rather than dollars is not looking at the big picture.

Edited by slashwrist

He would use economics not military power.

He is looking at trading oil in euros and not dollars, which would damage the US economy.

He said "blood will run". That doesn't sound like economics to me. Or does he think Americans will die if he starts selling his oil for euros?

Yeah, because you know, the US millitary is doing such a steller job in Iraq and Afganistan eh :D

Yeah, because you know, the US millitary is doing such a steller job in Iraq and Afganistan eh :D

To wage a guerilla war , from the shadows , planting bombs amongst civilians , launching ambushes from amongst civilians , wearing no uniforms and having no set bases , nor fronts , is no indication of what would be if the military of the U S confronted a foe face on .

This gives the appearence of ineptitude on the part of militaries . It is then followed by miscalculation .

This so called hypothetical scenario with Venezuela is simply a matter of Iran and Venezuela stroking each other .

Venezuela has got nothing inthe way of any military to speak of .

If there were to be a war between the U S and Iran , and Venezuela were to ally itself in that war , it would become a rather large , immobile sitting duck . And what would happen should Venezuela contribute it's token troops and "military assistance " ?

As far as Iran or any other middle-eastern country goes , a face to face military confrontation with the U S would be quite humiliating .

The U S will learn from Iraq no matter the outcome .

If there is to be a military confrontation with Iran ,it will not involve ground troops . It is the tactic so far seen ,to wage war from amongst civilians , and the U S will not be put in this position again .

Iran will be decimated from the air and sea , it's infrastructure destroyed , and the majority of its people spared . Iran will still rule Iran , but from within iits own borders , for the ability to move a military beyond them will be removed .

Venezuela will be neutralized by proxy . No attack on it , necessarry . Chavez and whatever his plan , will be marginalized , with virtually no ability to launch an attack or anything else beyond it's own ocean and land boundaries .

Yea Iran says it will "launch 10,000 suicide bombers" , and I'm sure everyone in the world will allow them on their airliners with their C-4.

False bravado and stupidity , flow from the mouth of Chavez .

That is the reality of this mentioned hypothetical situation .

Wow, you typed soo much but all you managed to say is “I am making excuses for the US military"

Maybe next time you can just say that and save yourself the time and effort to type all that :D

Wow, you typed soo much but all you managed to say is “I am making excuses for the US military"

Maybe next time you can just say that and save yourself the time and effort to type all that :D

I'm against terrorism, but...

I'm against terrorism, but...

I am sorry, I think I might of missed the point of your post.

True, the US military is in a quagmire in Iraq at the moment, but to even insinuate that their defense if attacked would not be extraordinary is a flat out denial of the truth.

How long were Iran and Iraq at war and how many people died?

Now, a nation on the other side of the planet (USA) attacks Iraq (population 25,000,000+) and topples the government in a matter of days, all while occupying another nation that they defeated that kept the Soviet Union on the ropes for a decade.

Maybe it's not impressive to some people, but I still want to see what "blood will run" if Venezuela ever had the cojones to attack the USA.

Chavez is great on the rhetoric, but would he ever actually do anything to back it up? No way.

In the wake of Iran’s current high-stakes nuclear standoff with the United Nations Security Council, Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez told Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad at a meeting of the Group of 15 developing nations that "Iran is under threat; there are plans to invade Iran, hopefully it won't happen, but we are with you."

easier said than done

the us is the sole superpower at this point of time. bush can say and do what he wants with no one able to talk sense with him much less stop him from his destructive attitutde towards mideast. worst mideast leaders are divided, some look up to him like knight in shinning armour

and chavez is quite alone in his promise. as it is it's doubtful whether he can keep it. let's hope it's not fork tongue promise like what britain did to arabs and foreign jews prior to un partition of PALESTINE :D

He is the president of Venezuala right?? I dont know why someone from a developing nation would want to rub the US the wrong way :D.. I dont see what benefit he has with aligning himself with Iran.. since Iran in the US's bad books..

I mean i'm not anti/pro anyone but just thinking why he would do that.. Venezuala is not exactly a stable nation and if they had sanctions put on them by the UN (read: US :D ).. they would be toast..

:D..

It is because Chavez is a demagogue. He is a politician that finds it easier to get support if he is against something (in this case the United States) than to be for something. People all over the world love Chavez and support him, but the only thing they know about him is that he hates the USA. He has great support on these forums because of that.

He is the Venezuelan version of Senator Joe McCarthy.

It is a policy that works for him, and as long as he can keep up the rhetoric people will ignore everything else about him and support him.

Edited by Livius

No , just age old known military logistics . Unless an army will behave as barbarians wiping out complete populations in order to get at its antagonists , that Army will do only so well in street to street fighting .

Most posting here including yourself , have no idea of the concept of toyal war , you have no experience of it .

Therefore your mindset has a built-in misconception and underestimation of an organized miltary force .

Proof of this is staring you in the face . Saddam when encountering resistance would simply wipe out the whole town or city , killing 10,000 without eve blinking twice . He had done this on numerous occaisions , and was successful in putting down any resistance .

Assad [sr.] had done the same in Syria killing 10,000 or so in one brutal action .

The U S Armies are not willing to do this , and thus they pay the inevtiable price of piecemeal but constant casualties .

Should there be a war with Iran , there wouldn't even be a contest , unless the U S chose to occupy Iran rather than simply neutralize it .

These are two very different things , of which you obviously have not considered . Neutralizing Iran , can be accomplished from a distance with ONE submarine . I see no reason whatsoever , why the U S would attempt to occupy Iran .

Iran will launch a few missles at the only targets it can reach , and then it will be over .

You need a reality check .

iran gotta be wary of chavec's promise. it could be empty promise or fork tongue, anything. it would be different if it's chirac who made promises :D

To wage a guerilla war , from the shadows , planting bombs amongst civilians , launching ambushes from amongst civilians , wearing no uniforms and having no set bases , nor fronts , is no indication of what would be if the military of the U S confronted a foe face on.
No other country puts so much money into defense and weapons as U.S. does and they have all these high tech machines at their disposal so how can anyone do a 1 on 1 match? Not only is that unfair it is also suicide.. Keeping this in mind, what would you do if you were a soldier or freedom fighter in afganisthan or iraq?

Additionally i might add U.S. never sends troops in first, they always bomb the crap out of the area and level everything then send in the troops.. maybe its a good strategy but face on with the foe :D.. get serious!

iran gotta be wary of chavec's promise. it could be empty promise or fork tongue, anything. it would be different if it's chirac who made promises
Thats what i'm thinking too.. something is not right here! But i guess we'll find out sooner or later..

True, the US military is in a quagmire in Iraq at the moment, but to even insinuate that their defense if attacked would not be extraordinary is a flat out denial of the truth.

How long were Iran and Iraq at war and how many people died?

Now, a nation on the other side of the planet (USA) attacks Iraq (population 25,000,000+) and topples the government in a matter of days, all while occupying another nation that they defeated that kept the Soviet Union on the ropes for a decade.

Maybe it's not impressive to some people, but I still want to see what "blood will run" if Venezuela ever had the cojones to attack the USA.

Chavez is great on the rhetoric, but would he ever actually do anything to back it up? No way.

Why can't USA just leave Chavez alone? As stated, I am not his biggest fan or Islam's biggest fan but let people run their own affairs, Chavez has constantly been provoked and even had CIA backed coups perpretated against him.

Why can't USA just leave Chavez alone? As stated, I am not his biggest fan or Islam's biggest fan but let people run their own affairs, Chavez has constantly been provoked and even had CIA backed coups perpretated against him.

Because the US government has had an incredibly hypocritical (and disasterous in the long term) foreign policy for decades, now. The people in power are fools.

Chavez has constantly been provoked and even had CIA backed coups perpretated against him.

There is no proof that the CIA backed anything or helped in any way. In fact, the US has on many occassions let him of know of plots and assassination plans against him.

Might they have? Possibly, but there is extremely little evidence to indicate this. Until then it is foolhardy to declare it as a "fact" that the CIA was involved.

There is no proof that the CIA backed anything or helped in any way. In fact, the US has on many occassions let him of know of plots and assassination plans against him.

Might they have? Possibly, but there is extremely little evidence to indicate this. Until then it is foolhardy to declare it as a "fact" that the CIA was involved.

It's largely circumstancial but there IS evidence nonetheless. However, we are in no doubt that Washington knew of the coup against him, one CIA report read:

"dissident military factions, including some disgruntled senior officers and a group of radical junior officers, are stepping up efforts to organise a coup against President Chavez, possibly as early as this month."

And there is about as much evidence to implicate him as there is to implicate Ahmadinejad in building Nuclear Weapons, something which is quite humerous as South Korea have never opened up their gates to inspectors whereas Iran has continuely allowed inspect to investigate time and time and time again, finding nothing, at the behest of a US Government that releases state department reports claiming the IAEA inspector's have found 'proof' of their assertions - something that led to IAEA to send a letter to Washington a couple of months ago warning them not to 'falisfy' their investigatory reports for political ends.

It's largely circumstancial but there IS evidence nonetheless. However, we are in no doubt that Washington knew of the coup against him, one CIA report read:

"dissident military factions, including some disgruntled senior officers and a group of radical junior officers, are stepping up efforts to organise a coup against President Chavez, possibly as early as this month."

And there is about as much evidence to implicate him as there is to implicate Ahmadinejad in building Nuclear Weapons, something which is quite humerous as South Korea have never opened up their gates to inspectors whereas Iran has continuely allowed inspect to investigate time and time and time again, finding nothing, at the behest of a US Government that releases state department reports claiming the IAEA inspector's have found 'proof' of their assertions - something that led to IAEA to send a letter to Washington a couple of months ago warning them not to 'falisfy' their investigatory reports for political ends.

The U.S. has no obligation to 'tip off' Hugo, a self-avowed enemy of the U.S., to any plots against him. Would he do the same for G.W.B. ? I doubt it. And one of the funnier things about this whole love affair between Hugo and Mahmoud is that in the end, Hugo is just another kafir to him. Hugo is a buffon who is being played by Ahmadinejad.

Now to Irans weapons program. As a signitory of the Non Proliferation treaty (let's get this out of the way now. No israel isn't a signatory.) they were obliged to declare all thier nuke programs. They didn't. They hid theirs for 18 years. Also, they have banned inspectors from Natanz, their largest bomb-making lab. Twice, the I.A.E.A. has found enriched uranium on Iranian equipment.

The U.S. has no obligation to 'tip off' Hugo, a self-avowed enemy of the U.S., to any plots against him. Would he do the same for G.W.B. ? I doubt it. And one of the funnier things about this whole love affair between Hugo and Mahmoud is that in the end, Hugo is just another kafir to him. Hugo is a buffon who is being played by Ahmadinejad.

Now to Irans weapons program. As a signitory of the Non Proliferation treaty (let's get this out of the way now. No israel isn't a signatory.) they were obliged to declare all thier nuke programs. They didn't. They hid theirs for 18 years. Also, they have banned inspectors from Natanz, their largest bomb-making lab. Twice, the I.A.E.A. has found enriched uranium on Iranian equipment.

Erm, Ahamadinejad never claimed they weren't enriching Uranium. Again, I am NO FAN OF Islam, but I can kind of understand Iran's point, in having israel aiming several hundred nuclear warheads at them.