Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SHALOM2ALL

Learning prayers

PropellerAds

Assalamo Alaikum!

Please go to "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamway(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/english/images/prayer/contents.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamway(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/english/images/prayer/contents.htm[/url] for a good presentation for beginners.

Wassalam

:D

After having seen presentations and videos about salat I have been doing it the best I can, but my native language is not Arabic and I can't pronounce it correctly, and I'm doing some of the actions not always exact. I haven't got anyone to teach me, no masjid nearby, and in my situation I'm having to keep my Islam a secret from my family and the people I live with here because I fear. If I do the best I can from what I've learned will my salat be accepted, even if it is not 100% exact? I'm a revert since about 10 months ago.

:D sister!

We must try to pray as best as we can. We must also pray to Allah :D to forgive our mistakes as we are all prone to err.

I would suggest you go into the sister's room and find out whether there are any sisters in your area. Or, alternatively, call up the Masjid and find out whether there are any Muslim families in your area that they could recommend you to meet.

Wassalam

Assalam'Alaikum

I also have a problem with prayers. I first began studying Islam almost 10 years ago, although I believe I am just a new convert (only 9 days!). Now I am much more serious about doing the contact prayers correctly, however I live in a small town with no other Muslims except my wife who is not very patient with me! (it is my fault as I am also not patient!!!)

My question is : Could I make a CD of the prayers and play it at prayer times and follow as if I were following an Imam in the Masjid? Or is this wrong? If not, what should I do for the prayers until I learn to pronounce them properly?? Is it better to say the prayers incorrectly in Arabic or not at all??? I would be happy to get some guidance from my brothers and sisters on this subject.

Forgive me Ladybug if these questions are not related to your question. I felt they were and hope that responses will help you as well InsyaAllah

Peace

Moh Daud

Walaikum Assalam!

Surah Fateha is a must in every prayer. No rakah is complete without that surah, so you must learn that asap, if you do not know it already. A good place to learn it with the correct rendition is "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_english.islamway(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/bindex.php?section=echapters&recitor_id=49"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_english.islamway(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/bindex.php?sec...s&recitor_id=49[/url]. Imam Basfar does it very slowly which enables you to repeat. Other short Surahs may be learnt from "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_english.islamway(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/bindex.php?section=echapters&recitor_id=52"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_english.islamway(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/bindex.php?sec...s&recitor_id=52[/url]. Qari Basit also recites very slowly and the surahs numbered 103, 108 and 112 are the smallest.

While you are learning these surahs, you may read some supplications (in your native tongue) in your prayers where the surahs are supposed to come in. This is a temporary allowance, provided you are keen to learn the Surahs.

May Allah :D help you memorise the Surahs soon. Ameen.

Wassalam