freedslave

Should Hamas Recognise Israel?

Hamas and Israel  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should Hamas recognise Israel?

• Yes
    • No

:D / Greetings to All

Should Hamas carry on their cause, or should they recognize israel? Well, most of Palestinians are with the second option according to the poll below.

Most Palestinians think Hamas should not recognize israel: poll

Ramallah - Two-thirds of Palestinians think their governing Hamas movement should not accept international demands to recognize israel, a poll published Monday aid.

Some 66 per cent think the radical Islamic party should not recognize israel, said the poll by the Ramallah-based Palestinian Center for Policy and Survey Research (PSR), which questioned more than 1,200 adults in the West Bank and Gaza between Thursday and Saturday.

The international community has made recognition of israel, renunciation of violence and acceptance of past israeli-Palestinian agreement a triple condition for a resumption of financial aid and full ties with any new Palestinian government, of which Hamas forms part.

Prime Minister Ismail Haniya, of Hamas, and President Mahmoud Abbas of the more moderate Fatah party are currently in advanced negotiations over the formation of a national unity government, but the talks are being held up over Hamas' continued refusal to recognize israel.

Hamas popularity has plummeted from 47 per cent since its peak in March, when it took office, to 38 per cent currently, although it has largely remained unchanged since June when it stood at 39 per cent.

Some 41 per cent of those asked said they would vote for Fatah if elections were held today, putting the party slightly ahead of Hamas for the first time in months.

A small majority of Palestinians - 54 per cent - also said they were dissatisfied with the Hamas government's performance, most of them because of its failure to pay the salaries of civil servants and address the poverty in the Palestinian autonomous areas, said the poll, which had a margin of error of 3 per cent.

Most Palestinians said they prefer a unity majority in which Hamas and Fatah have equal weight to a unity government led by Hamas.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.monstersandcritics(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/middleeast/article_1202471.php/Most_Palestinians_think_Hamas_hould_not_recognize_israel_pol"]Source[/url]

:D / Peace

Edited by freedslave

PropellerAds

:D

I think the same logic used by the US also implies here.

If hamas gives in to israeli terrorism then they have lost, and israel will then keep using force to always get its way.

Does not recognizing israel help or hurt the Palestinian cause?

Depends on what absurdities done by the israelis that you're asking the Palestinians to acknowledge for...

Guest amani
Does not recognizing israel help or hurt the Palestinian cause?

Hurt

they have wiped palestine off the map already :D

Does the refusal to recognize israel make the life of the average Palestinian better? Do they live more prosperous lives because of this?

Would the recognition of israel worsen the life of the average Palestinian? Would israel see this recognition as an opportunity to kill more Palestinians than usual?

Recognizing israel doesn't mean "losing" as so many people put it.

If 70% of Gaza are refugees, and almost the entire population is hungry, and Hamas isn't making any progress to change that, should Hamas, mind you Hamas particularly, go on with their cause? At the expense of the people? At the expense of the dying, the sick, the hungry, and the poor?

And at the expense of the mother who can't afford a notebook for her child, let alone a school uniform for the new school year? At the expense of that same mother who is struggling to find a morsel of food so her children won't cry and go to sleep hungry?

So should Hamas go on? If so, then I really would like someone to tell me, at who's expense?

That's very true. Some people are so worried about the "prinicple" of the matter, that they ignore the fact that people are suffering. It's not about who is right and who is wrong. There's plenty of blame to go around. It SHOULD be about doing whatever you have to, to make life better for the people, even if you have to swallow your pride to do it.

We can all see that the decision is in the hands of Hamas.

When the basic resources do eventually dry up and people actually start dying due to hunger and disease, who will the muslims blame?

Will it be Hamas? Of course not!!

It'll be the fault of America, Zionists, The Crusades, Western media...etc..

Hamas can either accept the terms for financial aid, or not. If the elected representatives of the Palestinian people are prepared to watch their people suffer, why should anybody else have pangs of guilt?

Yes they should.

for the sake of peace.

for the sake of Allah.

israel is at fault, we know that just by seeing how much the Palestinians suffered before Hamas even came into power. But that is a different question altogether.

shouldnt the question be

should israel recognise that palestinians are human too....?

israel is responsible for their own actions. It's not your job to force them into submission. You are not their judge. It is Allah.

The Real Mega,

But if we are to isolate this question, then the answer would be yes they should recognize the Palestinians as human. Plus, it is true that they are responsible for their own actions, and no soul bears the burden of another, but isn't it our job to stand up against injustice?

The Real Mega,

But if we are to isolate this question, then the answer would be yes they should recognize the Palestinians as human. Plus, it is true that they are responsible for their own actions, and no soul bears the burden of another, but isn't it our job to stand up against injustice?

It's nice to say you're standing up to injustice, but does it make a tangible difference? Have any of the standoffs the Palestinians have had with the israelis ended with any progress? It's a fine line to tread...fighting because you believe it's right and fighting out of pride. Does Allah reward the latter?

Perhaps this is a test to see if Muslims are able to set their pride aside. Perhaps Muslims have been going about this the wrong way, for decades. I'm not saying this is certainly the case. But it seems that no matter what Muslims do, it doesn't work. Has this been a test from Allah where Muslims have been continualy failing? I ask this honestly...is it possible?

Peace,

Anything is possible, if we truly believe then Allah will test us, the tests are going to be hard and sometimes feel as if they are impossible...

No and they never will insha'Allah! and even if they did other muslims would still fight israel! NEVER should an illegal country be allowed to exist. Muslims must fight israel until they get back all of the control of their land. ALLLL of it back :D

The Real Mega,

Yes it was possible that it was a test, but israel really isn't innocent, I say this based on the fact that israel occupied land and a people unjustly. Standing up to injustice is ALWAYS important. Not out of pride, no, but rather because injustice is simply wrong. If we cannot change it with our hands, then with our tongues, or at least hate it in our hearts.

I don't quite understand why you think everything is done out of pride. Can you please elaborate on that? I mean, are you referring to Hamas? Don't they hate the occupation, don't they want it to end? Well, maybe you're right. If they wanted to end the Palestinians' plight they probably would have done something by now. But still, can you be absolutely sure they're acting from pride?

And you said that "the Muslims" are failing. Please cite specific references, and this is just a request and not an invitation for debate. Thanks.

No and they never will insha'Allah! and even if they did other muslims would still fight israel! NEVER should an illegal country be allowed to exist. Muslims must fight israel until they get back all of the control of their land. ALLLL of it back :D

Kheir, dreams are free. :D

Welcome back to reality. :D

"muslims must fight israel until they get back all of the control of their land" = "Muslims should fight israel until the muslim population in palestine drops to Dozens.."

I am sorry, but thats what it sounds like.

They've been fighting for it for years, have they achieved anything?

I know a palestinian who used to be in the battle-field fighting the israelies.

He left palestine a few years ago,..

Why?

Not because he gave up hope, but because he realised that alot of palestinian people werent fighting for their land, for the rights etc, they were fighting out of their Hate for israel.

Subhan'Allah.

May Allah swt make it easy for the Palestinians and also grant them Hikma.

When you consider that the vast majority of the world recognise israels legal existence then to call israel an illegal country is somewhat misguided and, well, wrong. See this picture from Wikipedia:

Red, Orange and Grey indicates no diplomatic relations.

When you say that other Muslims will still fight israel, you are saying that Palestinans must stay in poverty because as we all know israel will defend itself. Under the UN it has a right to defend itself.

So how I see it, Palestinian suffering is a result of Muslim actions.

Yes it was possible that it was a test, but israel really isn't innocent, I say this based on the fact that israel occupied land and a people unjustly.

I never said israel was innocent. Read my previous posts. I said there is plenty of blame to go around. But men are not God. Only God can reward and punish justly. Men will always fail when they seek to take God's place in this matter, because it is blasphemous.

Standing up to injustice is ALWAYS important. Not out of pride, no, but rather because injustice is simply wrong. If we cannot change it with our hands, then with our tongues, or at least hate it in our hearts.

The Palestinians could recognize israel and still fight injustice. Recognizing israel's existence is not giving up. It is admitting reality. israel is there and they aren't going anywhere, no matter how much you wish they would.

I don't quite understand why you think everything is done out of pride. Can you please elaborate on that? I mean, are you referring to Hamas? Don't they hate the occupation, don't they want it to end? Well, maybe you're right. If they wanted to end the Palestinians' plight they probably would have done something by now. But still, can you be absolutely sure they're acting from pride?

What is more important? Fighting an occupier or caring for the needs of the people? In this case, the two are diametrically opposed. Fighting the israelis only causes the israelis to respond with more force, which puts more Palestinian lives in danger. Also, international aid has been suspsended because of the position of Hamas. I know that Muslims believe they're supposed to fight occupiers. But at what cost? It seems like Muslims believe a military solution is the only solution. And that is where I beleive you see the pride. Muslims cannot accept a military defeat. So they hide behind the fact that the Qu'ran says to fight occupiers, but does the Qu'ran say that fight is always with weapons? I've heard Muslims say that Jihad is in reference to an internal struggle, moreso than outward. Perhaps this entire situation has been similar to that, from the start.

And you said that "the Muslims" are failing. Please cite specific references, and this is just a request and not an invitation for debate. Thanks.

How are Muslims failing? Isn't it obvious? The Palestinians have been in limbo for decades. Muslims keep banging their head against the wall, employing the same failed tactics, over and over and over and over and over and over and over. I see Muslims make the claim that you should always fight injustice. But does that fight always have to be with weapons? It seems so many Muslims are convinced that the fight with israel is a military fight. Perhaps it never has been. Perhaps Allah always intended for it to be something different, but Muslims haven't figured that out, yet. If Allah's will was never for their to be a military victory, but a spiritual victory (just an example), then Muslims have not been doing Allah's will.

My apologies if anything I typed was unclear. I know I rambled. :D

The Real Mega,

You make some really good points. As for the failure of Muslims, it was so blunt and general that I didn't know exactly what you were referring to. If you mean "Muslim" governments, then yes, I suppose you're right. I did vote that Hamas should recognize israel, because virtually no progress is being made otherwise. I've already stated that, but I still have some concerns.

So here's a question for you: If Palestine ever recognizes israel, then what? How much land will be given to Palestine, how much compensation, if compensation can possibly even be applied here?

You said yourself that israel isn't innocent. I just wonder what would happen next.

Kheir, dreams are free. :D

Welcome back to reality. :D

"muslims must fight israel until they get back all of the control of their land" = "Muslims should fight israel until the muslim population in palestine drops to Dozens.."

I am sorry, but thats what it sounds like.

I know a palestinian who used to be in the battle-field fighting the israelies.

He left palestine a few years ago,..

Why?

Not because he gave up hope, but because he realised that alot of palestinian people werent fighting for their land, for the rights etc, they were fighting out of their Hate for israel.

Subhan'Allah.

May Allah swt make it easy for the Palestinians and also grant them Hikma.

The reality is this: the sincere Mujahideen in Palestine (and in all occupied lands) will continue to fight fisabilillah until victory or martyrdom. This will continue until the day of judgement! As for those who fight for nationalism then naturally they shall be defeated

Victories has many forms ya akhi. Just because Palestine has not been liberated does not mean the mujahideen have not achieved anthing. Listen to Constants on the path of jihaad by Anwar al Awalki (google it and you'll find the lectures)