Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cybersurfer

Coursework Help

hi i need help with this question:

examine and comment on the relgious influences on belifes about abortion.

i would like it if sum1 gave me a sample essay , links books ebooks etc plzz help

PropellerAds

:D

Firsty I apologise but I don't really have time to provide you with a sample essay as such. I also think the topic title is too broad, and thus may prevent you from going into an indepth analysis of theological thought on the issue of abortion (especially if your word limit is low).

Hence, I suggest you perhaps focus your essay on the view of the 3 major world religions (Judaism, Christianity and Islam). Even though it may seem that all three would subscribe to the same views on this particular issue, I am sure that through some further reading you will probably find a variety of theological opinions on abortion.

Litterature on the topic should be readily available both on the net and at any library that has a decent theology section.

Try going to google scholar and typing in 'religious ethics' or 'religion and abortion' and you will get a whole host of journal articles which will provide you with some useful background reading on the subject.

Just through a quick search I have found a few books on Islamic ethical issues (such as abortion). I would advise you read these books before you begin your essay and compare their findings with the fatwas given by reputable scholars regarding the shari'ah position on abortion. As I have not read these books I cannot tell you whether they are trustworthy.

1) Abortion, Birth Control & Surrogate Parenting: An Islamic Perspective, by Abul Fadl Mohsin Ebrahim

2) Islamic Ethics of Life: Abortion, War, and Euthanasia, by J.E Brockopp

3) Birth Control and Abortion in Islam, byMuhammad Ibn Adam al-Kawthari

All the best inshallah.

examine and comment on the relgious influences on belifes about abortion.

i would like it if sum1 gave me a sample essay , links books ebooks etc plzz help

Before you look at external links it is very important you look at the textbooks from and related to your course. (assuming there are textbooks) You should have covered such issues to be given this essay question and tutors will look to see if you have understood the text covered in the course through your essay.

Good luck

PS. The strategy sister emel presented is also useful but do start off with our own course textbooks :D