Islamic Forum
akeskus

Help

Hello brothers and sisters,

I currently live in Australia and in a few weeks (3) i will have my university admission exams. My parents care about this more than I do and i'm very scared that I will disappoint them. During this time of Ramadhan i know it's important to fast, but is it okay for me to not fast during this period as it's a very critical stage of my life OR shall i still fast showing my loyalty to Allah through all situations?

Thanks in advance.

PropellerAds

With the name of Allah ( God Almighty ) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continuously Merciful

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

Listen to the holy Quran

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamicity(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/MOSQUE/ARABICSCRIPT/AYAT/1/1_1.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamicity(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/MOSQUE/ARABICSCRIPT/AYAT/1/1_1.htm[/url]

&&&

Take seheri ( late night food ) & Insha Allah ,u won't feel tired & will be able to study hard. During Ramadan , after the whole day of fasting , we offer Tarabi that is special for Ramadan only . It clearly shows that we are able to do extra works/prayers even after fasting.

So, try to do the fasting & Insha Allah , u will be able to success if it's good for u . Always seek help of Allah like this , if this is good for my this life & the life hereafter ,then pl. grant it for me & make it easy for me. Ameen.

I think if it's just this once, and it's in a very necessary situation, you could not fast.

However, you will need to make up each and every fast later on. Even give some extra zakaat.

:D

I understand it may be difficult for you to fast during your exam period, as I have gone through a similar trial.

However, I advise you to try not to think of fasting as a hinderance, but moreso as an advantage you will have over your peers.

We may see it as a weakness in state, but what better way to approach such a critical period in your life, than in a state of ultimiate worship, and obedience to your Creator?

If you are able to look past the tiredness and the hunger, you will be able to tap into a higher reserve, more powerful than endless nights of study or sustenance.

Keep faith in your Creator :D , be steadfst in your worship, pray to Him for strength and sustenance. For it is Him, and only Him who grants success.

All the best in your endeavours akhie. May Allah :D be with you.

Your sis

Bro I am in the same position as you.

I have a lot of pressure from parents to get AAA grades,plus I want to take an entrance exam for Uni that is aimed at the top 2% of the UK,plus I have many retakes to do in Jan,as well as doing an exam 6 months early.

Does all this pressure and work stop me from fasting,praying,reading and learning Quran?

Of course not,if I can do it bro with lots of pressure on my shoulders,I'm sure u can toooo,inshallah.

So keep full commitment during Ramadan and make sure u keep your fasting and Islamic duties,ok?

May Allah give us the strength to do this and make our parents happy with Uni admission exams and other results.Ameen.

Edited by Aaqib Ahmed

salaam;

you will need to make up each and every fast later on. Even give some extra zakaat.

...........Zakat is on wealth ; i think compensation for missed fasting , it's called Kaffara. Anyway , pl. talk to ur local Imam.

are u fasting now? Is it creating a great problem ? Pl.ask Allah to ease the matter for u.