Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pioussister

Common Sense

Asalaamu aleykum brothers and sisters i am writing a paper about thomas paines pamphlet common sense and i wanted to know why it was so signficicant in american history please its due in a couple of days i need help.

Editted per request - Redeem

PropellerAds

wa 'alaykum as salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

I haven't read it but from my own limited knowledge I can briefly say that Paine believed that the American Revolution was inevitable. Unlike the founding fathers, he did not deem it improbable even with its precarious position at the time. To the founding fathers, it was hard to say whether or not America would survive, but Paine thought it was illogical for a continent with all its resources to be ruled by an island. It was "common sense" to him that a rebellion should occur; that rebellion being the American Revolution of course.

Well I'm sorry I can't do much more than that because I haven't read the pamphlet, but insha'Allah you'll do good anyway. :D

was salaam

thanks you so much if anyone else could help me i also wanted to know what events led to the creation of the document? and in what atmosphere did paine write the tract? and why was it written?

i also wanted to know what immediate impact did the document have?